Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
When composing to something with Lyrics I use a (muted) dedicated staff, copying my Melody staff to it and then adding Lyrics. But often when later editing the notes and Lyrics what started as a line of Lyrics with a consistent vertical alignment gets jumbled into Lyrics that position themselves variously depending on note positioning, or so it seems. I want my Lyrics to show in a straight line.

I've been looking for a way to select the staff and realign the Lyrics consistently. Has anyone run into this same problem and discovered a solution?

Retired hobbyist

VSL Special Edition, VE Pro & VI Pro, MIR Pro
Windows 10, Core i7 4790K PC 32 GB RAM, SSD's
Notion 6, Cubase 9, Dorico 1.0
by jasonstein on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:20 pm
Be sure you enter lyrics only when you're in the Page Down or Page Across Views. Don't enter them in the Continuous view. There's been a bug for a long time in Notion that pushes the line of lyrics much lower and lower as you enter them when you're in Continuous View.
by DaddyO on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:59 pm
Thanks, Jason. I always use only Continuous View, so that must be it. Didn't know about the bug.

Retired hobbyist

VSL Special Edition, VE Pro & VI Pro, MIR Pro
Windows 10, Core i7 4790K PC 32 GB RAM, SSD's
Notion 6, Cubase 9, Dorico 1.0
by dalehurrell on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:33 am
Ah, finally I find the answer, thank you! Can't believe this bug is still an issue in 2019!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1