12 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I have a focusrite 2i2 as my interface. however everytime i load studio one and try to find the guitar rig 5 pro library to add it, it says it couldn't be found. does it has to be run as an plugin or something can anyone tell me how to do this?

[audio]sound blaster Z series sound card, M -audio BX5 Monitors [/audio]

[video]Gefore GTX 780[/video]
by miked7 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:57 pm
You don't say what version of Studio One? In v2 you need at least Producer to use 3rd party plug-ins, v3 you must have Pro or purchase an add-on to Artist for like $100 bucks.

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
SoundCloud | Project 9732 | Komplex 2
by davidalvarado on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:20 pm
miked7 wroteYou don't say what version of Studio One? In v2 you need at least Producer to use 3rd party plug-ins, v3 you must have Pro or purchase an add-on to Artist for like $100 bucks.

I have studio one producer.. sorry if I didn't mentioned earlier. so.. I guess you must use it as a plugin? I have tried to find it on the list of instruments and plugins but it won't show up.

thanks

by miked7 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:26 pm
Yes, I use it as a plug-in.
Things to check:
1. Make sure the "Guitar Rig 5.dll" is in < C:\Program Files\Vstplugins > (Windows 7 for me...) It doesn't HAVE to be in this folder, you can point Studio One to alternate locations too.
2. Go to the menu at the top called "Studio One", then "Options...". Click the "Locations" icon, then the "VST Plug-Ins tab and make sure the above directory is there.
3. If those are all set, somewhere there is an option to "re-scan" your plug-ins - I forget where at the moment, sorry.
4. If all of THAT is set, then to use it as a plug-in, go to the mixing channel where you want to use it, click the + to add an insert, and it should show up in that list. It has a little "FX/VST" icons near the bottom of my list. You can also use the "Browse" (activated in the lower right corner of Studio One) to find it.

That's about all I can remember off the top of my head. There are guys on here a LOT more knowledgeable than me, hopefully one of them will chime in with more trouble shooting tips if this doesn't get you going....

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
by miked7 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:46 am

---- - ----
by davidalvarado on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:52 pm
miked7 wroteYes, I use it as a plug-in.
Things to check:
1. Make sure the "Guitar Rig 5.dll" is in < C:\Program Files\Vstplugins > (Windows 7 for me...) It doesn't HAVE to be in this folder, you can point Studio One to alternate locations too.
2. Go to the menu at the top called "Studio One", then "Options...". Click the "Locations" icon, then the "VST Plug-Ins tab and make sure the above directory is there.
3. If those are all set, somewhere there is an option to "re-scan" your plug-ins - I forget where at the moment, sorry.
4. If all of THAT is set, then to use it as a plug-in, go to the mixing channel where you want to use it, click the + to add an insert, and it should show up in that list. It has a little "FX/VST" icons near the bottom of my list. You can also use the "Browse" (activated in the lower right corner of Studio One) to find it.

That's about all I can remember off the top of my head. There are guys on here a LOT more knowledgeable than me, hopefully one of them will chime in with more trouble shooting tips if this doesn't get you going....

I only found the guitar rig 5.exe file not .dll I bought komplete 9.. did i miss something during installation?

by pmsezztfs on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:49 pm
IIRC Guitar Rig needs to be run in stand-alone mode before using as a VST. While it is open you should set all of your options and make sure you get it registered correctly.

I think most NI plugs (including Maschine) need to be run outside of your DAW host (outside meaning standalone). If you right-click the .exe file you found and pick Run as Administrator you should be able to get it up and running.

Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
---------------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | 16G ram
Windows 10 | Studio One v3.3.1 | Live 9.6 (all software 64 bit)
RME Fireface UFX | Nektar Panorama P1 | AKAI MPK25 | M-Audio Keystation 88 I Maschine 2 | Fader Port 8 ;)
by Nokatus on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:39 am
pmsezztfs wroteI think most NI plugs (including Maschine) need to be run outside of your DAW host (outside meaning standalone). If you right-click the .exe file you found and pick Run as Administrator you should be able to get it up and running.

No, this is not required. The plugins are registered through the Service Center and don't need to be run standalone first. (Komplete 10 Ultimate owner here, I have literally never started anything in the NI lineup in standalone mode, everything works normally as a plugin, including Guitar Rig.)

Intel i7-3770K 3.8 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V | 32GB | RME HDSPe AIO | Win 7 Pro 64bit
Live 10 | Reaper 5 | Renoise 3
Presonus Monitor Station | Edirol PCR-500 | Peavey PC1600X
8040A | DT-880 | ATH-M50
by davidalvarado on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:26 pm
Nokatus wrote
pmsezztfs wroteI think most NI plugs (including Maschine) need to be run outside of your DAW host (outside meaning standalone). If you right-click the .exe file you found and pick Run as Administrator you should be able to get it up and running.

No, this is not required. The plugins are registered through the Service Center and don't need to be run standalone first. (Komplete 10 Ultimate owner here, I have literally never started anything in the NI lineup in standalone mode, everything works normally as a plugin, including Guitar Rig.)

But like i Mentioned... I can't find the .dll file that you mentioned.. i could only find the .exe

by jpettit on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:35 pm
I think you missed something on the install but probably more likely it put the .dll in a directory that is not in your Studio On scan path.

Search for it.
Here is a great local search tool.
http://www.voidtools.com/

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by davidalvarado on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:40 pm
so does it has to be only the .dll file that must be put in a search path with studio one? or do you also have to put the .vst files also on a path?.

by jpettit on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:49 pm
GuitarRig5.dll
Assuming, as I don't have it installed on my computer but the .dll file is the VST.
You could also search for GuitarRig*.dll

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

12 posts
Page 1 of 1