28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
How do I remove a track in the mixer view? :oops:
Last edited by bengtfalke on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Studio One Professional 3.0 - Mackie Onyx 820i FireWire via Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock - Presonus Faderport
Roland UM-One midi - Roland GR55 guitar to midi - Ableton Push - and a few hardware synths
MacBook Pro 15" Retina Mid 2013 - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - NVIDIA GT 650M 1024 - Mac OS X 10.10.1 (I also use Ableton Live, Logic Pro X)
by Lawrence on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:31 am
1. Right Click "Hide"
2. Toggle it in the track list in the mixer.
3. There's also a key command you can bind, "Hide Channel".
by bengtfalke on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:35 am
Thank you LMike for your reply.
I had already found hide but I would like to remove the unwanted track not just hide it. Is there a way to do a full removal of a unwanted track in the mixer?

Studio One Professional 3.0 - Mackie Onyx 820i FireWire via Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock - Presonus Faderport
Roland UM-One midi - Roland GR55 guitar to midi - Ableton Push - and a few hardware synths
MacBook Pro 15" Retina Mid 2013 - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - NVIDIA GT 650M 1024 - Mac OS X 10.10.1 (I also use Ableton Live, Logic Pro X)
by Lawrence on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:08 am
With audio tracks, hit Shift+T, but that also removes the entire audio track and any clips on that track in arrange

With multi-out instruments you can turn off individual audio outputs feeding the mixer on the plugin UI (CH button next to the preset list) or in the instrument rack when you expand it.

With Bus channels, right click Remove.
by bengtfalke on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:40 am
Yes, bus channels can be removed with right click and remove.

However the same can not be done with a normal channel in the mixer in the console view and I find that odd and a bit annoying. I don't like irregular and illogical behaviour.... ;o)

Unfortunately the Shift+T only works with the normal track view and not on the channels in the console view.

I hope there is some way to clean up and remove unwanted channels.....
It is mentioned in the keyboard shortcut list but if I connect that to a new shortcut it is still not working.... maybe it is just a temporary mistake?

by db on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:34 pm
I hope I am not getting this wrong but...if I right click on a track (normal channel) in the track pane of the arrange view and choose the "Remove Track" command, that corresponding track is removed from the mixer.

For audio Tracks you have the "Remove Track" command and for Instruments you have the same command and another "Remove Track and Instrument" variant of the first command.

Both commands AFAICT remove the corresponding tracks from the mixer.

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by scottyo7 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:55 pm
Yes, DB, you are correct, they do indeed remove the audio tracks and/or instrument track and instrument... I used both last nite. :D

Afaik, these commands only work (are available) in the "Arrange" view. Others call this the "pane" view, while I've also seen it referred to as the "track" view.

I agree with 'beng', it would be nice to remove them from the mixer (view) also. ;)

Unless there's a macro that will remove tracks for either view? :roll:

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Tarekith on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:10 pm
Add me to the list of people who would like to see this implemented, I'd use that a lot myself.
by Lawrence on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:14 pm
Unless there's a macro that will remove tracks for either view?

The factory command Shift+T works here on Win to remove selected audio tracks from either view. Try it. Select an audio track in the mixer and hit that combo.

Having the context menu would still be cool though. +1
by jpettit on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:34 pm
bengtfalke wroteYes, bus channels can be removed with right click and remove.

However the same can not be done with a normal channel in the mixer in the console view and I find that odd and a bit annoying. I don't like irregular and illogical behaviour.... ;o)

Unfortunately the Shift+T only works with the normal track view and not on the channels in the console view.

I hope there is some way to clean up and remove unwanted channels.....
It is mentioned in the keyboard shortcut list but if I connect that to a new shortcut it is still not working.... maybe it is just a temporary mistake?

Just to be clear here there is nothing wrong here.

For the record to use Presonus terms:
Tracks are in the arranger view and hold audio of MIDI data
Channels are in the mixer and control audio.

Removing an audio track removes the 1 to 1 corresponding audio channels
Instruments can have a 1 to many channels relationship depending on the number of outputs in the instrument.
Removing an Instrument track + the Instrument will remove the channels
Removing an Instrument track and leaving the instrument will leave the associated Instrument channels since the instrument is still there.

If you want to removes them later you can 1) delete the instrument in the instrument pane 2) disable the instrument outputs in the instrument panel.

There is no way to create truly orphan channels

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by bengtfalke on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:17 am
Thank you jpetit for your reply!
Deleting the instrument in the instrument pane did work..... ;o)

Even if I can understand why it works this way do I find it awkward and I don't like that it can't be done in the same way as for a bus channel, but with a warning that the instrument also will be removed or something like that. I would prefer to be able to right click and remove things or just select them and hit the delete key.

Thank you all for your help!

by db on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:12 am
scottyo7 wroteYes, DB, you are correct, they do indeed remove the audio tracks and/or instrument track and instrument... I used both last nite. :D

Afaik, these commands only work (are available) in the "Arrange" view. Others call this the "pane" view, while I've also seen it referred to as the "track" view.

I agree with 'beng', it would be nice to remove them from the mixer (view) also. ;)

Unless there's a macro that will remove tracks for either view? :roll:

Yes maybe some kind of right click option directly on a channel within the console mixer would be nice. 8-)

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by hansmaack on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:02 am
Hello Folks (from British Columbia),

Can someone explain it to me like I am a 2 year old then 'How I Might Delete An Instrument Channel' in this SO EASY TO USE DAW...? Would really appreciate any help !!!!!!! I have spent about 7+ hours on this now...

Thanks A Lot In Advance Friends !!!

Hans
by rasheid2kx on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:48 pm
Here is what happens, I deleted the track and forgot to delete the associated instrument with mixer channel which can be seen in the mixer window.
(1) - I created a new instrument track.
(2) - Selected the unremoved instrument for the track's instrument output, this now joins the track to the instrument and mixer channel.
(3) - I then right clicked on said instrument track and selected "remove track and instrument"
(4) - Smile to self (not Optional)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home, x64-based PC
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model B85M-HD3
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

Presonus Firebox
Rode NT1
Maschine MK2
by Amoritive on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:44 am
Lawrence wrote1. Right Click "Hide"
2. Toggle it in the track list in the mixer.
3. There's also a key command you can bind, "Hide Channel".

Thanks a lot! This helped me!
by lamac23 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:21 am
Ok, assuming I understand what you're trying to do here. I selected the instrument button right above the Channel List section then selected the Instrument channel in the mixer console and the Instrument channel showed up to the left of the mixer console under the
D select instrument button4.jpg
There are 5 parts but I'll only upload 4 and 5. That much should still help you.
(INSTRUMENT Z +). Then I selected remove in that column. Now the Instrument channel is gone!!
Last edited by lamac23 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
by lamac23 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:22 am
Here is part 5. :reading:

Attachments
E deleted Instru5.jpg
by kristoferkristensen on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:01 pm
This drove me nuts. Had a channel that seemed to be an orphan. I could not remove it in the mixer view. It turned out I had created an instance of Mojito on a track at some point, but then removed it from the track in question. The channel in turn, called 'Mojito', remained and would not budge from the mixer view. Mojito was sitting there in a dark corner, blocking the removal of the mixer channel.

So how did I get rid of the Mojito mixer channel?

I created a new track, assigned an instrument to it and then the Mojito instance was visible in a tab in the plugin window. Once I removed Mojito, the 'orphan' channel disappeared.

Presonus Studio One 5 Professional 5.2.0.63799 Win x64 (Built on Mar 5 2021)
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (build 19042.867)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD
Processor: i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz
32gb RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (6 gb)
by jeffreipettaway on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:06 pm
I was having the same problem where there were unnecessary channels in my mixer. After a while of frustration. I solved the problem. In your mixer window to the right of your channels there is da drop down menu that says Instruments. All of your instruments are listed there and their corresponding channels. At the top next to Instruments there is an arrow pointing downward next to a plus sign. Click the arrow and a menu will come up. among the options are REMOVE UNUSED TRACKS click it and it will delete all the bogus channels wasting space in your mixer. You're welcome. ;)
by antg1 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:41 pm
Here's another option that might help though I wish a Context Menu could be added for faster removal

In my case, multiple Impact Channels were added that were not in use. They were not accessible when viewing the Impact Instrument itself as there were only 2 Tabs One for Presence and 1 for Impact.

To get ride of these I went to the Instruments Panel
1-select the down Arrow to the right of the word Instruments (see images below 1,2 and 3)
2-Choose Extended (vs. Compact which is likely the Default)
3-Select the Down Arrow to the Right of the instrument causing your issue
4-Choose Expand
5-Uncheck any Boxes for Instruments not in use
(One other note is I colorized the Channels I wanted to a more obvious color, then left the Default Gray "as is" for the Unused Instruments making it easier to eye ball the unwanted channels

Attachments
Screenshot (80).png
Unwanted Instrument removal from Mixer (Image #1)
Screenshot (81).png
Unwanted Instrument removal from Mixer (Image #2)
Screenshot (82).jpg
Unwanted Instrument removal from Mixer (Image #3)

28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2