19 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have Studio one v3 Professional.

I have the M-Audio Axiom 49 controller hooked up to my computer through USB

I run it with a Saffire pro 40 Firewire.

I can get the Axiom 49 to play and it makes sound but I can not get it to make use of the control knobs or sliders and expression wheels.

Can someone provide a link or a way to a PDF file that explains who to get this to work correctly?

I am working with AIR DB-33 and I can't get any of the sliders or faders to work with the plugin.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
16.0 GB Memory
Windows 10 Professional x64 (latest updates installed)
Focusrite Scarlett
Presonus StudioOne 4 Professional (Latest updates installed)
by matthewgorman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:17 pm
In my limited knowledge for this, I can confirm one element. To use the dual function of a keyboard like this, it needs to be added as a keyboard, and an external device also to get the function of the faders and pads

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by scottmoncrieff on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:29 pm
Does this help ?

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by tridyed on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:57 pm
I think it's a combo between both answers. I found a video about Studio One v2 and the axiom pro where it did set up two things (a KB and a Controller) but I still can't get V3 to let me set up the controls yet. IT will play sounds but will not assign control sliders or knowbs yet.

Any one else that has some info please chime in, and thanks for the hints so far, they are leading down the correct path.... still trying to find the magic ending

16.0 GB Memory
Focusrite Scarlett
by matthewgorman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:18 pm
I am working with AIR DB-33 and I can't get any of the sliders or faders to work with the plugin.

These may need to be mapped via control link. With the plug/instrument open, you will see default control listed at the top right of the gui. There is also an edit botton, that will expand the gui to show control link editing. Move a parameter on the plug, then move the control you want to map to that parameter, and you will see them listed side by side. Hit the link button between them, and that will map it.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by niles on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:33 pm
First question: Do you see activity in the MIDI monitor when turning knobs on the Axiom?
Second question: Do you want to use the external controls (CC's) from the Axiom as automation data or MIDI data to drive VST's connected to Instrument tracks?
Third question: Did you learned any of the external controls through the External Device map?

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by tridyed on Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:40 pm
niles wroteFirst question: Do you see activity in the MIDI monitor when turning knobs on the Axiom?
Second question: Do you want to use the external controls (CC's) from the Axiom as automation data or MIDI data to drive VST's connected to Instrument tracks?
Third question: Did you learned any of the external controls through the External Device map?

First question: Do you see activity in the MIDI monitor when turning knobs on the Axiom?
Yes, I am getting midi into the DAW from those sliders or knobs

Yes, trying to get drawbars and rotor speed to work off the controller for DB-33

Third question: Did you learned any of the external controls through the External Device
Yes, It wont learn when I right click and select learn CC and move the faders or the drawbars on the plugin

16.0 GB Memory
Focusrite Scarlett
by niles on Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:55 pm
tridyed wroteThird question: Did you learned any of the external controls through the External Device
Yes, It wont learn when I right click and select learn CC and move the faders or the drawbars on the plugin
As soon as you learn the CC's from your controller to Studio One's External Device map, all CC data will be picked up by the Control Link system and not passed through to VST's connected to the Instrument tracks as MIDI CC data. So if you want CC's to control VST's from Instrument Tracks as MIDI CC data, you should not learn those to Studio One's External Device map.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by rosssantos on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:15 pm
I too have an Axiom, AxiomPro61, it worked wonderful with PT, but with SO4.52 I can't control the Rotor speed. I am using a Presence XT Organ with the Rotor plug, I can see the mod wheel values change just fine, but cannot use Control Link, it is never displayed as an option. I also do not see any of my control surface for the controller and there is no MIDI Learn function available.

So I added a new keyboard and voila, now I can add my controls with MIDI Learn. I contacted support and they say this isn't necessary to do. But without doing that, I can't link a control surface button, knob, fader or pad to a specific parameter in Rotor.

I'm a NUBE in SO, so obviously I'm missing something crucial. The odd thing is that in other Presence XT sounds, the mod wheel performs functions as expected, like on the Rhodes pianos, it introduces tremolo.

Does anyone have a solution?
by Jemusic on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:37 pm
There was an issue with some recent updates that required your external instruments to be removed and replaced with new ones again. It's not a bad thing to do. If you have any trouble with external instruments just remove and replace.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by rosssantos on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm
Thanks Jemusic... I can do that and see if it makes any difference

update: Support had me go into the macro editor on the channel and set the mod wheel and Rotor properties I wanted it to affect. Interestingly, in the editor I can now move the button (increase/decrease) and Rotor responds, but using the mod wheel has no affect except for increasing/decreasing the value on that button - it's like it sees it but it doesn't respond. Stumped...
by rosssantos on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 am
Support got back with me and said that my new issue is a bug and has been forwarded to QA/DEV - sigh
by roland1 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 am
I think a lot of people with bug issues get frustrated by the process of convincing others that there's a problem and may just wind up dropping the issue rather than following though.

Glad you kept at it and didn't just accept defeat. Now let's see what the company does... :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by rosssantos on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am
Roland1 - I understand the bug process quite well, I've developed software for over 40 years. When it comes to something not working, I'm like a dog with a bone :)
by roland1 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am
rosssantos wroteRoland1 - I understand the bug process quite well, I've developed software for over 40 years. When it comes to something not working, I'm like a dog with a bone :)

Can you fix the Scratch Pad for me? :D

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by rosssantos on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am
ok, so support told me to ask you all what you use as a Organ plugin that has a leslie that actually can be controlled by the mod wheel. I've used db33 when I was on PT, wondering what everyone else uses.
by roland1 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 am
Korg Legacy M1 should have it.
Ni B3 or one of the various NI organ patches should.
Probably FM8 / Reaktor

I'm not even thinking about it much. There should be a dozen.

by rosssantos on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:07 pm
Thanks I will check them out!
by rosssantos on Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 pm
I tried Blue3 and love it and it works as I expected. Will be purchasing it.

19 posts
Page 1 of 1