9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I wonder if anyone else has noticed some channels of their FS2626 have a very low frequency noise?
I posted the full details in the digimax forum here:
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=17081
Since my digimax FS has a similar problem.

Since some channels are far worse than others and since the freq is very low approx 1.5HZ i think it may be a ground problem in design or a failure.

You have to amplify the signal quite a bit to see the waveform but it is noticeable in quiet passages of music.

Thanks for reading and especially if you have any ideas.
by Zarfld on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:33 am
Hi,

i'm not sure if i have a similar issue, but i noticed that the levelmeter on Channel2 showed a signal randomly even if there's nothing connected to its input.
(i didn't check it in detail because i dind't use this channel)

But as this phenomen occurs just on this Channel one of my FS2626 i assumed that it might be either related to my wiring (maybe Grounding issue on Chn2 inserts), or theres a defect on this single channel.

Anyway there are no inserts for Chn4&5 :-/

so i will follow your thread maybe theres something else, i didn't notice.

BR
Dominik

StudioOne Artist v1.6.5 build 16006
Studio One 2 Professional v2.6.5 build 30360

WindowsXP SP3, Core2Duo(T7700 @2.4GHz) 2GB (Dell M5400)
Win10 X64, Intel Core i5 4GB(Sony VPCF1)

Interfaces: Firestudio, Firestudio Mobile, Mackie Onyx1620i, Line6 PodX3Live
MIDI: AlesisDM5, iCon iControl Mini
by cristofechabot on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:43 pm
I've had similar issues with my FS 26x26 Digimax LT combo BUT.....only when using it in a mobile situation. Many venues have horrid wiring!! Bad grounding can introduce all sorts of noise as can other electronic devices running on the same circuit. At my home studio all the wiring is recent and above code standards and I also use top quality power conditioners.....no issues whatsoever.
by floydking on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:12 pm
cristofechabot: most of the time I do remote recording with my laptop I have to put one of those 3 prong adapters on the laptop power cord. If there is other grounds in the wiring to your recording system there could be a ground loop unless there is only one ground.
by floydking on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:14 pm
zarfld: have you recorded the noisy channel to see what the signal looks like? whether it is power buzz aka 120 HZ or broadband noise....
by cristofechabot on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 pm
Yes....wifi can add noise. I always shut mine off while tracking. Also other devices plugged into firewire or usb ports can introduce noise.
by Zarfld on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:04 pm
Hi,

i did record the channel i mentioned above right now. It is not e definded Frequency just noise more like the Clicks and Pops you have when having sync problems. (find WAV attached)
Anyway i have to check the Wiring/Grounding more detailed.

BR
Dominik

Attachments
empty.wav
FS2626 Chnl2 no connections 75%Gain
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 2410 times

by floydking on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:43 am
Zarfld: makes me wonder if there is an input transistor or capacitor going bad.
If it is only one channel and nothing connected.
Other thought would be cell phone noise.
by Zarfld on Tue May 03, 2016 6:23 am
Hi

Cellphone noise would happen on other channels too, i also moved the rack to different places in the room which had not any influence on that noise.

As it seems that this Firestudio seems to cause some sync issues with DigiMaxFS and cascaded Firestudio2626 im quite shure that this device has a hardwareproblem

So as there is no official support for this device i think i have to open it and have a look on my own.
Even if this might be a needless qestion but is there something like a Service/repair guide for this legacy FireStudio?

9 posts
Page 1 of 1