Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
12 posts
Page 1 of 1
They are always on even at what i consider low volume level
by mwright137 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:57 pm
Mine seemed like they were always on when mixing live music. It seemed compressed music (from my iTunes) didn't have the same problem. I stopped worrying about them.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Jeffmey on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
I find the same thing mixing live music 16.4.2 2 two 312ai two 18sai two 328ai dose not seem to affect the mix just concerned may be pushing speakers to hard if this is the case they don't
seem to handle high volume to well
by michael.kroeger on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:18 am
I had a gig last weekend and our sound technician had the excoursion limiter very often for not to say "always" on. The result was some smell and smoke out of a 328ai...

So I thought that should not happen through the voice coil temperature limiting.

The sound before was not extreme loud and it did not sound noisy limited.
by fromnaija on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:15 am
michael.kroeger wroteI had a gig last weekend and our sound technician had the excoursion limiter very often for not to say "always" on. The result was some smell and smoke out of a 328ai...

So I thought that should not happen through the voice coil temperature limiting.

The sound before was not extreme loud and it did not sound noisy limited.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I was searching and just found something that happened to my 315AI. So, did your 328AI worked after it cooled down or did you have to repair it? What did they find wrong and how was it fixed? Thank you.

Studiolive RM32AI, Studiolive 16.4.2AI, Studiolive CS18AI, Studiolive 32, Studiolive 32R, Studio One 3 Professional, 2 x Studiolive 315AI, 2 x Studiolive 18sAI, 2 x ULT15, 2 x ULT18, dbx DriveRack VENU360, 2 x Crown XTi6002, 4 x Crown XTi4000, 2 x Crown XLS2500, 2 x Carvin HD3000, 2 x Carvin LS1802, 2 x Yamaha SW118V, 4 x Yamaha S215V, 2 x Yamaha S115V, 4 x Yamaha SM15V, Windows 10 8gb, MacBook Pro 16gb, Waves Impact Server plus Diamond and Horizon plug-in bundles.
by michael.kroeger on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:47 pm
Sorry for answering so late, i did not see your post...

the speaker had to be repaired!
the high-mid driver was blown and the amplifier module was defect!

Thanks to the warranty i did not have to pay anything, but it took 4-5 week to get the parts here in germany.

So i suggest to contact your local dealer/repair service.
by THDRMR on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:42 pm
I just used my 328ai speakers for the first time a couple nights ago and I was experiencing the
same thing. The input levels were not hot at all but all of the excursion limiters were engaging
frequently. Is there any answer yet for why this happens?
by Finleyg on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:37 pm
had the same problems with my ai subs end up replacing the drivers with Peavy Black Widows, the ai speakers to me are not design to do any live bands, at all, hope the ults are better, Waiting on feedback before I buy any of them
by martiynicolette on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:40 pm
Finleyg...Did you replace with Black Widows to repair blown original speakers, or did you change out to fix the frequent excursion limiter problem? If it is the later case, did the Black Widows fix the problem? Also, which Black Widows did you get?
by Finleyg on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:29 pm
It was done to replace the blown speakers but it solved the limiter problem as well, I now can drive the boxes full open with the output of my rm above 0 dbs and don't light up the limiter as often, and the spl output is higher than the orginal presonus drivers
by martiynicolette on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:48 pm
Thanks for the info Finleyg. I haven't driven mine hard enough for a regular limiter kick in, although I've just used it for DJ.
I hope to get a chance to use it for live performances this summer. It's good to know that there is a solution should the limiter be a problem.
by volksware on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:15 am
Finleyg wroteIt was done to replace the blown speakers but it solved the limiter problem as well, I now can drive the boxes full open with the output of my rm above 0 dbs and don't light up the limiter as often, and the spl output is higher than the orginal presonus drivers

Which model did you get?

SL16.4.2Ai, SL312Ai mains, SL18Ai sub, Yorkville M810 Powered Mixed, Lenovo W530 Laptop (i-7 4-core @ 2.7 GHz, 24 GB RAM, 7200 rpm hard drive, 2-nd SSD, Win7 Pro 64 bit), Linksys WRT54GS router, Studio One Pro 3.2, Presonus Fader Port, HP-60 headphone amp, Furman PL-Plus power strip, all in a rolling SKB 2-piece case with A/V shelf.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1