9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I am having some distorsion problems with the Inpire 1394. Even with relatively low gain and volume on my guitar, I get distorsion here and there. The cabling between my guitar and the unit doesn't seem to be the problem, I tried a few different cables and the result is the same. I only get one firewire cable and port, so I can't test that for now.

I have an old Compaq Presario (2005) running WinXP, with a 4 pins firewire port. I use Cubase SX version 1 (2002). Yeah... I am stuck in the past...

The guitar is passive, an Aria Pro II Fullerton.

I join a sound clip where I play some random chords or else. You can hear it right from the beginning, but it gets worst around 0:11. Someone has a few ideas where that come from? I just bought the unit, so if this is a manufacturing problem or something like that, I would like to know so I could get a refound or some exchange.

Thank you very much!

Attachments
Audio 05_01.wav
(3.59 MiB) Downloaded 793 times
by cristofe on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:36 am
It could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?

http://support.presonus.com/entries/119107-Optimizing-Your-Computer-for-Audio-Windows-XP

Have you disabled wi-fi? Have you tried disconnecting the ac adapter? Laptop power
supplies are often a source of noise.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Monolithent on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:29 pm
Could you please explain exactly how you're connecting the guitar to the Inspire?
by fredericlevesque on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:38 pm
Monolithent wroteCould you please explain exactly how you're connecting the guitar to the Inspire?

The guitar is straight into the Inspire with a 1/4 cable, no preamp, amp or pedal. I tried a few cables, the last one being a road hog.
by klypeman on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:04 pm
I posted allmost the same on the old forum but here it is.

I tried it with a 4 pin Firewire on my old Asus laptop did'nt work proper too. With a 6 pin it did work, with my desktop but by then I allready got a Project......
What about your Compaq ? is your FireWire chip a Ricoh chip ? Heard lots of bad things about those...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by fredericlevesque on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:22 pm
cristofe wroteIt could be any number of things. Have you optimized your pc for audio production?

http://support.presonus.com/entries/119107-Optimizing-Your-Computer-for-Audio-Windows-XP

Have you disabled wi-fi? Have you tried disconnecting the ac adapter? Laptop power
supplies are often a source of noise.

Not sure at all it is currently optimized. I shall check that! I'll come back with the results ASAP. Thanks for the link!
by fredericlevesque on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:35 pm
klypeman wroteWhat about your Compaq ? is your FireWire chip a Ricoh chip ? Heard lots of bad things about those...

I am not sure how I'll check that, but I will surely try!
by fredericlevesque on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:02 am
fredericlevesque wrote
klypeman wroteWhat about your Compaq ? is your FireWire chip a Ricoh chip ? Heard lots of bad things about those...

I am not sure how I'll check that, but I will surely try!

It is a Texas Instrument one.
by klypeman on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:10 am
I think anyway that it's the 4-pin Firewire that's the culprit as I stated a thought about earlier.
Texas should be good on 6 pin but I suspect that a 4 pin FireWire is the problem.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

9 posts
Page 1 of 1