StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,
I am writing to you to seek your help!
Indeed, despite the manual of this table, I can not export the fat channel applied to export tracks with Cubase 7.
I mix on the table (effects, compressors, reverb etc ..) but once the exported file no effects were taken into account.
I want to tell you that I know very well and that worries cubase does not come from there.
Can you give me the answer please?
Thank you in advance.
by SwitchBack on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:08 pm
In the blue area on the mixer find the Dig Out button. Then make sure that the button is lit for every channel you want to track with FAT settings.

Note that this will not record the effects. In the mixer a mix of channels is sent to the effects processors and the output from those processors is mixed in with the mixer outputs. To capture the effects you have to go in the VSL settings and map the (outputs with) effects to the user definable firewire sends for recording.

Alternatively you can record the main output mix as a single stereo track in Cubase. It will have everything but will limit editing in Cubase to mastering only, really.
by dominiquedelhoute on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:00 pm
Hello !
Thank you for your answer . To read your message, I was a little meadows sure it was signal routing!
I'll test it now ;)
by claudekass on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 am
Hi . I am having a 32.4.2 AI and was wondering if this worked out good.. I now was on the page and reinstalled a diffrent Universal control as it was the only thing i found related to VSL... I cant find any VSl in this Universal control... Now by browsing in the forums i see there are more people having this problem and it seems that the bigger Mixer the 32 channel like i have isnt working in this way in Cubase.XX.. is that so ? please help me because i am trying already desesperate over 1 year to find a solution .. I was close by to sell the mixer again and buy something else but i love the mixer and i want to continue making music insteat of solving problems ;)

OSX 10.12.6/Windows10/Ipad2/ Cubase Pro 9.5, Abl Live, Studio One/ StudioLive 32.4.2 AI
by SwitchBack on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:54 am
There's a few issues you are addressing in your post, and preciously little additional information. Some general answers:

VSL has been completely replaced by Universal Control and the mixer control app it contains. The app will show up as soon as you have a working firewire connection between mixer and computer.

Make sure you are using the latest versions of UC and the mixer firmware. Also make sure that you use an approved firewire card and the correct firewire cable.

The best way to interface to a DAW is through ASIO. UC will install the ASIO driver for your mixer on your computer.
by claudekass on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:06 pm
Thanks for the reply :) Ok then i misunderstood that with VSL
i am going to put back my actual Universal Audio....

Firmware and all this is the newest. I am using this Mixer already since 2017 but in a diffrent way because of this problem.

Ok I explain better what I am using...
I am using 25 External Instruments ( synths and drum machienes + Effect Racks etc... etc) all goes in in Analog inputs ..to my 32.4.2 AI and shows up in my Daw ( Cubase pro 9.5) I am having an Effect Rack wich i use within a patchbay and for now i am having connected 2 Strymon pedals via "Aux out" as "send" and the returns are coming back to "Aux A" and "Aux B" so far so good ...
Yes the Knob "Digital output " is switched on on each channel.. It seems that the Fat channel isn't routing the signal from the Aux Input A/B to anything exept the main outputs.. I still think there must be a possibility to do some internal routing.. ...

Until now i was always using it so that i recorded from my live sessions into Cubase. Then I only reroute all dry signals from the recorded tracks to digital out again and use then all external effects again on it and do all the edits and then i hit play again in my Daw and i record the complete finished Mix to another computer from there then i can use the file to master .. Its just to much to do and not so flexible afterwards..

Such a great Mixing Desk and then this can't be true

OSX 10.12.6/Windows10/Ipad2/ Cubase Pro 9.5, Abl Live, Studio One/ StudioLive 32.4.2 AI
by SwitchBack on Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:11 pm
Looks like you're double-posting. I suggest you stop this thread and continue in the other one :)
by claudekass on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:52 am
Yeah i saw these posts and wrote in both and in both came answers. :lol: Anyway i am willing to continue in one only. But well a last question to you. How are you doing it then ? I mean are you using external fx as well and does it work for you? ( ok these were 2 questions now :mrgreen: )

8 posts
Page 1 of 1