Discuss Monitor Station V2 and Monitor Station (Legacy)
Central Station and Central Station Plus
MicroStation BT
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My remote has been making a back static noise when I adjust volume and when i use the talk back, it sounds staticy in the headphones. Sounds like some dust has gotten in it there. Anyone have this before. Any tips on fixing this issue? I tried the air spray but only helped a little. Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:05 pm
Once upon a time when there was radio shack, they sold a spray circuit cleaner that was good for dirty pots. May be something you can find at Amazon or New Egg.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by merc476 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:22 am
Thanks. Ordered a can. Should be coming in today. In the meantime, does anyone know how to remove the volume and mic level knobs? Im trying not to break them. Twisting them counter clockwise doesn't seem to work and pulling them out isn't working either. Well, at least im trying not to turn and pull too hard and break it if that's not how it's supposed to come out. Thanks
by Karyn on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:59 am
DON'T turn them.

They're either a push fit (if plastic) or will have a tiny locking screw (if metal) but they should just pull off.
They could be tight though, so maybe some gentle levering is required.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by merc476 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:35 am
Thanks Karyn,

I was looking for the metal screw but there is none. I was trying to pull out and maybe I was being too gentle. I'll try again. Hoping someone from presonus can chime in to let me know exactly. Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:07 pm
It may be easier to spray the cleaner form the back of the unit. Take the back panel off. Or you could from the top with the knobs on. I think it will seep in.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by merc476 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:25 pm
That worked perfect. Sprayed from the bottom. all is good now. THANKS!
by robertcollins4 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:18 am
merc476 wroteThat worked perfect. Sprayed from the bottom. all is good now. THANKS!

Hello. I am having the same issue with the volume pot on my central station remote.

Is your fix still working for you? Is it something you need to do once in a while to keep it working properly?

Thanks.

Studio One 3.5. Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1. RME Fireface UFX.
by robertcollins4 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:26 pm
Thought I would add an update.

Just sprayed my volume pots with electrical circuit cleaner and now it works like new. Before it was sounding like a dirty volume pot with static noises and the right speaker would cut out when turning the volume knob.

To take the unit apart, start by removing both volume knobs on the top of the unit. They come off by just pulling up on them. The larger one on my unit had to be pulled quite hard for it to come off. Next remove the nut and washer that is under the large volume knob, and then remove the plastic side panels and the four screws that hold the top of the casing on.

Pull the casing apart and now you will see that the volume knobs are visible. Spray just a little bit of the cleaner near the top of the volume pots, being sure to use the tiny spray tube that comes with your can of sprayer, and then let the cleaner run down inside the volume pots. Next turn the volume stem to work in the cleaner. I did this twice for each of the volume pots.

Your mileage may vary with this, but I am very happy with the results. Works like a brand new unit.

Studio One 3.5. Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1. RME Fireface UFX.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1