This forum is for Tips and Tricks. Please do not post any questions in this forum. It is only for information.
119 postsPage 1 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Well after five years of waiting I can finally say "tempo mapping for Studio One is here!"
Here is a quick demonstration of this amazing new capability made possible through Melodyne's new feature, ARA and Studio One's timeline.

Introduction to Tempo Mapping (Why tempo map?)
phpBB [video]

b]Here is a PDF Tempo mapping manual to get you started.[/b]

This is but a quick demonstration and more detailed free training that will be available soon.
Getting started with Tempo Mapping
phpBB [video]

1) Basic Studio One set up for tempo mapping
2) Getting around Melodyne 4 Tempo editor
3) How to accurately set the first beat and confirming time signature
4) Fine tuning the results of Melodyne's auto generated tempo map
5) Dealing with changes in time signature and complete gaps in tempo
6) Using Melodyne's free form tempo editing to draw difficult tempo line draggable to Studio One's time line.

Advance Class on Melodyne Tempo Mapping In Studio One
phpBB [video]

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by dgkenney on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:49 pm
Funny you should post this. I just logged on to send you a message asking exactly these questions. Looks like it could be the answer to a number of live performance editing and mixing issues. I look forward to your analysis and hints
Last edited by dgkenney on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's all down hill from what's in front of the microphone. - Bob Olhsson

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by jpettit on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:53 pm
It is decades ahead of anything I have ever use for finding free form tempos and their tempo refinement is smooth and well thought out.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jpettit on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:29 pm
Oh and yes you can define the hotkeys now.

by Bbd on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:24 pm
This totally rocks!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by dr4kan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:28 am
Thank you for the video.

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
----------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by jpettit on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:33 am
dr4kan wroteThank you for the video.

Does it look like something useful to you?

by niles on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:56 am
Nice video, however I may be missing something here, because apart from the map view/editor in Melodyne I wonder what's new about this? We could already drag the Melodyne (Essential) tempo to the tempo track of Studio One.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by David Mood on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:43 am
Great stuff, Jeff :thumbup:

I have two Melodyne licenses, one for Editor and one for Essential.
I logged in to my account, and could upgrade the Essential license to V4 for free, even though I registered it long before Nov. 2015.

Win7 x64 SP1 / i7 2600K / 16 GB RAM / ATI Radeon HD 5450 / ASUS P8P67-M PRO MB
by jpettit on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:39 am
niles wroteNice video, however I may be missing something here, because apart from the map view/editor in Melodyne I wonder what's new about this? We could already drag the Melodyne (Essential) tempo to the tempo track of Studio One.

What you and others maybe missing is five years worth of development.
True the old one could create a map but it was transient based and was not really usable for mapping as it did not find the down beat . I tried many times thus the five years of my number one feature request for Presonus to develope the feature.
This is way beyond anything any company has done the in my experience.
Using new algorithms it not only finds the true beats (not just transients) the down beats, the meter and beat one.
The editor is also state of the art at dealing with inserting extra beats due to syncopation, retarding, complete drop outs and smoothing overall changes in tempo variations.
As someone one who did this weekly, I am very happy. :D

by jpettit on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:03 pm
Bub wroteThe biggest difference I'm seeing is they are calling it 'Intonation' correction now instead of 'pitch' correction. That and a few other things that should have been there from the beginning like key bindings etc. etc.. that I shouldn't have to pay $149 bucks for.
Bub, If you are not into: Tempo Mapping, or need hotkey binding, or want to use the new universal algorithm for things such as tape stop effects, or want the new kinds of polyphonic correction (One that actual works with distorted guitars), then yes there might be some heavy thinking about paying the upgrade price. :-) .... Seriously some will pass.

by niles on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:48 pm
jpettit wroteUsing new algorithms it not only finds the true beats (not just transients) the down beats, the meter and beat one.

Ah, so it detects tempo based on (pitch) changes too, that's very interesting and easy.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by jeffjohnson on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:51 pm
Thanks for the video jpettit. Looking forward to more Melodyne 4 videos from you as they are very helpful.

I just upgraded Editor to Studio for $125 at Audiodeluxe. Couldn't resist that deal.

Studio One 4.5 Professional
Presonus Studio 192
PreSonus ATOM
Softube Console 1
Windows 10 Professional Intel Xeon 3.00GHz 64bit, 32GB Ram
by oldblood on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:40 pm
Thanks for the great vid..!
After using it for half hour I really loved it. not used it for what it supposed to be for, but hey I think I can have some fun with this....Niccceeeeee!!!!!

Clive

i5 @4.4Ghz, 16 GB Ram, GTX 550TI graphics OS:Win7 64
Focusrite Sappire Pro 24DSP,Nektar Impact LX88,
KRK Rokit 6, Cakewalk MA-150.
DAW S1 V3 Professional
Synths: Reason,
Plugs: Waves, Slate,Soundtoys, Eventide, Lexicon, Melda and various.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:47 pm
I just upgraded Editor to Studio for $125 at Audiodeluxe. Couldn't resist that deal.

Dammit. Where were you yesterday?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jpettit on Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:05 pm
niles wrote
jpettit wroteUsing new algorithms it not only finds the true beats (not just transients) the down beats, the meter and beat one.

Ah, so it detects tempo based on (pitch) changes too, that's very interesting and easy.
I don't know about easy :-). It is also not perfect as it takes AI to actual figure it out, but they are leading the pack and I am sure it will get smarter over time. ( just like polyphonic detection is way better than 5 years ago) :thumbup:

by jpettit on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:36 pm
I added Celemony's founder Peter Neubäcker describing this new state of art algorithm for finding tempo. in the original post. :thumbup:
viewtopic.php?p=83426#p83426

by Bbd on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:40 pm
Just downloaded and installed it.
My first test on a lead vocal went great.
It "feels" good. I only had time to pitch correct a verse, slide some blobs around and edit some formants.
I can't wait to test the auto tempo mapping.
For paying the little extra to get Studio vs. Editor was so worth it! It really is a no brainer.
Had to do it!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jpettit on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 pm
Bbd wroteJust downloaded and installed it.
My first test on a lead vocal went great.
It "feels" good. I only had time to pitch correct a verse, slide some blobs around and edit some formants.
I can't wait to test the auto tempo mapping.
For paying the little extra to get Studio vs. Editor was so worth it! It really is a no brainer.
Had to do it!

PM me for a basic written procedure. I will not get to the the basic training video for a week or so.

by samirelborno on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:29 am
True! But I still wouldnt mind an elegant non melodyne based tempo function when working with VI's. Like draging the grid etc.

jpettit wrote
niles wroteNice video, however I may be missing something here, because apart from the map view/editor in Melodyne I wonder what's new about this? We could already drag the Melodyne (Essential) tempo to the tempo track of Studio One.

What you and others maybe missing is five years worth of development.
True the old one could create a map but it was transient based and was not really usable for mapping as it did not find the down beat . I tried many times thus the five years of my number one feature request for Presonus to develope the feature.
This is way beyond anything any company has done the in my experience.
Using new algorithms it not only finds the true beats (not just transients) the down beats, the meter and beat one.
The editor is also state of the art at dealing with inserting extra beats due to syncopation, retarding, complete drop outs and smoothing overall changes in tempo variations.
As someone one who did this weekly, I am very happy. :D

Studio One Pro 5.x 64bit | macOS 12.x & macOS 11.x
Mac Book Pro M1 Max | 10core | 64GB Ram | 8TB SSD
Mac mini M1 9,1 | 8core | 16GB Ram | RME Fireface UFX+ | macOS 11.6
Mac mini 8,1 | 6core | 64GB Ram | Quantum | macOS 11.6

119 postsPage 1 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6