14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Any one know how to import MIDI sequence files into Studio One Pro?

PC: HP Zbook Studio G5 Mobile Workstation | CPU: 2.2GHz to 4.1 GHz Intel 6 Core i7-8750H, 9MB Cache | Graphics NVIDIA Quadro P1000 with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM | Display: 15.6" 4K - Anti-Glare, DreamColor Display | RAM: 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM | System Storage: 512 GB PCIe NVMe™ SSD | Data Storage: 8TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Main DAW: Presonus Studio One Pro 64Bit | Audio Interface: Arturia AudioFuse | Midi Keyboard: Behringer U-Control UMX610 | Arranger Keyboards: Korg Pa4X-76 Oriental
by Richard432 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:07 pm
There are several ways:

1. File/Open...
This will import the MIDI file into a new song.

2. Drag the MIDI file into the arrange window of an existing song.
This also creates a NEW song.

3. Use the Browser (Files tab).
The drop-down arrow by the MIDI file title can be used to select specific tracks in the MIDI file.
This also creates a NEW song.

I'm confused. I thought methods 2 and 3 imported the MIDI file into the EXISTING song. Have Presonus changed this in a recent version of Studio One?
Last edited by Richard432 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro 5.5.2
Monterey 12.6.7
Mac Mini M1
by -Luis- on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:14 pm
You can also just drag and drop the MIDI file anywhere in the start page.
by Richard432 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:22 pm
musician2373 wroteYou can also just drag and drop the MIDI file anywhere in the start page.

Thanks for the info - I didn't know that method.

Studio One Pro 5.5.2
Monterey 12.6.7
Mac Mini M1
by Richard432 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:28 pm
Richard432 wroteI'm confused. I thought methods 2 and 3 imported the MIDI file into the EXISTING song. Have Presonus changed this in a recent version of Studio One?

I found this on page 103 of the manual:
To import a MIDI file using the Browser, navigate to the desired file, as you would for an audio
file, and click-and-drag it into your Song. If the MIDI file is dragged to an empty space in the
Arrange view, a new Instrument Track will be created with that file placed on the Track at the
position to which it was dragged. If the file is dragged to an existing MIDI Track, the file will be
placed as a new Instrument Part on the Track, at the position to which it was dragged.

I tried this with a MIDI file exported from Pro Tools 11 - it creates a new song.
A commercial MIDI file was imported into the song correctly.

Studio One Pro 5.5.2
Monterey 12.6.7
Mac Mini M1
by yassersaeed on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:10 pm
Strange!!! I remember trying method 1 and 2 and it did not work!! But now it is working! :shock:

Many thanks for your help guys .. I highly appreciate it so much :D :D :D

UPDATE:
Sorry, only method 1 is working! Also, dragging the midi file to the start page dose not work!

PC: HP Zbook Studio G5 Mobile Workstation | CPU: 2.2GHz to 4.1 GHz Intel 6 Core i7-8750H, 9MB Cache | Graphics NVIDIA Quadro P1000 with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM | Display: 15.6" 4K - Anti-Glare, DreamColor Display | RAM: 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM | System Storage: 512 GB PCIe NVMe™ SSD | Data Storage: 8TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Main DAW: Presonus Studio One Pro 64Bit | Audio Interface: Arturia AudioFuse | Midi Keyboard: Behringer U-Control UMX610 | Arranger Keyboards: Korg Pa4X-76 Oriental
by Lawrence on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:18 pm
I tried this with a MIDI file exported from Pro Tools 11 - it creates a new song.

viewtopic.php?p=16414#p16414
by Richard432 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:06 am
LMike wrote

viewtopic.php?p=16414#p16414

Thanks very much for the info.
The two MIDI files that I mentioned were quite different.

1. Pro Tools Export MIDI file
75KB
About 7 minutes long
Many tempo changes

2. Commercial MIDI file
23KB
Just over 4 minutes
Single tempo

Studio One Pro 5.5.2
Monterey 12.6.7
Mac Mini M1
by jamespratt on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:43 am
Which folder in Windows should I preferably store my copied 50+ legacy MIDI files from a thumb drive so that they always appear in the Studio One browser, ready to click on and add to a new song?
by garryknight on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:39 pm
You can put them anywhere and then add a new tab to the browser.

For example, open the browser and click the Files tab. Navigate (by expanding the Volumes entry) to the folder where the MIDI files are now. Click to highlight that folder, then right-click the FIles tab at the top. Click "New Tab From Here" and that folder will be added as a new tab.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by rodneywheeler on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:31 am
yassersaeed wroteHi,

Any one know how to import MIDI sequence files into Studio One Pro?

open a midi or new track and just drag and drop its easy bro
by joshuapeters3 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:48 pm
Helllo when I do what was suggested of importing a midi file it gives no audio even when I mix it down and put a instrument into the output
by noelrichards on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:29 pm
joshuapeters3 wroteHelllo when I do what was suggested of importing a midi file it gives no audio even when I mix it down and put a instrument into the output

When a midi track is "mixed down" it becomes an audio track. If this is not the case then check your scale position C1, C2 ...etc.
by Jemusic on Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:34 pm
Before you bounce anything down you need to insert a virtual instrument into the track where the midi file lives. You should hear it then when you put that track into play. Make sure the Instrument track is directed to the virtual instrument.

Check the midi part is playing everything in the correct octave. Adjust as necessary.

But you need to hear your midi part playing the virtual instrument first. Then you can covert that to audio. The virtual instrument is no longer needed and the midi track can be muted so it is not playing anything or sending midi data anywhere.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

14 posts
Page 1 of 1