2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello All,

I've dove head first into using VSTs for the first time, I am happy to say, with my very first purchase of Spitfire Audio's Albion Bundle. Now, I have never used Kontakt 5 but I found it fairly simple to set up so far. I have created a Notion project using 15 instruments though Kontakt. All instruments have been tested in Notion and are playing back nicely.

I have been reading about the custom rules, and before I get into coding the dynamics I would like to start with having notion recognize each instrument's individual ranges. For example the first instrument can go from A3 to B6. How can I tell Notion that that instrument can only play those notes? Of course I'd be able to hear mistakes with no playback, but I want Notion to correct my mistakes like it does when composing with Notion based instruments by not allowing me to place notes. I couldn't find the answer in Notion's custom rules pdf. or searching on the forum for "range". Once I have this solved I hope to delve more into rules. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)
by martinkutschker on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:43 am
AFAIK this is not possible.

And custom rules are IMHO not the right place for it. I would put this kind of setting to the score setup. Anyway, this is a valid feature request. Please repost the request in the appropriate forum.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1