7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have just bought a Korg Krome keyboard to use with S1 and connect it directly to my mac with a USB cable.

I am running El Capitan and the latest version of S1 professional. I loaded the drivers and VST plugins that came with the keyboard and in standalone mode it all works fine. i.e the MAC is talking to the Krome so USB connectivity is good.

In S1 I cannot find the VST plugin listed, I have manually added the location of the plugin in the preferences and reloaded, rebooted and still no go.

If I open the standalone Krome editor program with S1 running, S1 crashes.

Anybody else have similar issues and how did you get it all working?

I have used S1 with lots of plugins over the last 5 years or so, so I know my way around it pretty well. Everything else works fine...
by Jemusic on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:46 pm
Please forgive me for being terribly obvious but have you rescanned your plugins. The moment you make any changes you have to rescan.

What I find works well is go to your locations for plugins and click on Scan at Startup then click apply. You will find S1 does a quick scan then un check Scan at Startup and click apply again and Studio One does a little more work. You don't have to reboot at all. It should find it.

On another thread here someone else was having issues after installing Nexus and it never showed up. He got it to work by removing the reference completely to the location where it was and then he put the reference back in and rescanned and all was well. Give this a shot.

I have a Kurzweil PC3K keyboard and although it has USB and it all works as well S1 does not like my Kurzweil editor either. I found by making the connection to the Kurzweil via MIDI instead of USB (this does require a midi interface of course) it all worked a treat. This may not be the situation in your case but it was in mine. I prefer to connect via MIDI and not USB at all. I feel it is better to leave the USB buss alone and let it deal with the other stuff it needs to. MIDI and USB are identical performance wise. There is no benefit actually running your keyboard on USB other than the convenience of not having to use a midi interface.

By the way I have just had a thought as well. My Kurzweil editor is not available as a plugin though. It is only a stand alone app. On USB it was flakey but on MIDI it is stable. I can run it at the same time as Studio One. And set its input and output routings as well as the same Studio One ports and it seems to work sort of in parrallel. But I find though I tend to run the stand alone app by itself rather than with Studio One at the same time. I tend to do the editing work separately and then go back into Studio One.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by roblof on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:48 pm
That editor is highly dependant on sysex and won't be working properly in s1 since is doesn't support sysex.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by Jemusic on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:59 pm
Yes but as I have mentioned I can run the Kurzweil editor stand alone at the same time as Studio One and it too is communicating via Sysex but it works because the editor and Studio One are running in like parallel. The Sysex data does go back forth between the editor and the synth fine even with Sysex and Studio One present. In this scenario the editor is not going through Studio One, it is working along side it. The only thing in common are the MIDI IN and OUT ports in the one midi interface.

For example I can run the app MIDI OX alongside Studio One or in parallel. Sysex and all. They just share the midi ports.

But as I have mentioned there is no real need to have Studio One open while editing the synth. Unless of course you right in the middle of something and you just want to stop there, boot up the editor and make some changes to the synth, save them and continue working on which I guess the OP wants to do.

But assuming you do get the plug-in to be seen then roblof is also correct. You are now using the plug-in within Studio One and it may not work due to the lack of Sysex support

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by FinalSaga on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:39 pm
Hey Nigelr

Are you running the 32bit or the 64bit version of Studio One?
I am asking since the Krome VST only supports 32bit.
I am on a windows machine, so I cannot really test this at all

Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
:)
by roblof on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:12 am
Jemusic wroteYes but as I have mentioned I can run the Kurzweil editor stand alone at the same time as Studio One and it too is communicating via Sysex but it works because the editor and Studio One are running in like parallel. The Sysex data does go back forth between the editor and the synth fine even with Sysex and Studio One present. In this scenario the editor is not going through Studio One, it is working along side it. The only thing in common are the MIDI IN and OUT ports in the one midi interface.

For example I can run the app MIDI OX alongside Studio One or in parallel. Sysex and all. They just share the midi ports.

But as I have mentioned there is no real need to have Studio One open while editing the synth. Unless of course you right in the middle of something and you just want to stop there, boot up the editor and make some changes to the synth, save them and continue working on which I guess the OP wants to do.

But assuming you do get the plug-in to be seen then roblof is also correct. You are now using the plug-in within Studio One and it may not work due to the lack of Sysex support

Yeah, but the purpose of the plugin is to automate/edit the synth parameters on the fly integrated with the rest of your daw music.

The krome/kronos have several thousands of parameters (40.000+) and using the vsti plugin is the only real way to control the workstation using automation. A solution using rewire or similar to use another vsti capable program (i.e a daw) is just crazy. Since my other daw is cubase then I just rather use that as the daw when I need the hardware support. Combine this with the lack of polyphonic aftertouch and I cant properly use my main hardware with s1.

Workarounds are ok for single stuff but not in the long run...

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by nigelr on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:48 am
Thanks for all the answers and tips so far, just to summarise.....

I am running in 32 bit mode (have tried both) and connected via USB. I have re-scanned the plugins etc. After rebooting, re-installing S1 I can now see the Krome AU editor in the instruments but almost every time time I load it S1 crashes.

I have managed to get it working in 1 song so far but every time I try a new song S1 crashes.

I need to go buy a cable to try the direct midi connection to see if that helps. I never used the midi before on my Safire PRO 14, so let's see what happens.

Thanks for the tips so far ...

7 posts
Page 1 of 1