StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 13 of 14
1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Split it into which parts? Or rather how would you split and what should be shown on each?

RM32AI
- MacBook Pro Retina i7 8gb
- 2U self built computer running MacOSX Mavericks (courtesy of tonymacx86.com) and Hannspree/Hanns-G Touchscreen (HT231HPG)

internals:
CPU: i7 4790K @4.0Ghz
RAM: 16GB 1866 DDR3
OS disk 128gb Samsung 840 SSD
storage: 2 2TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm (2tb running RAID for speed plus 2x 1tb storage partitions)
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase
CPU Cooler (due to height restrictions) Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle with offset Fan

UC Surface on Mac and iPad
Processing via Waves MultiRack & LiveProfessor2

My Homepage (still being built...)
by basmeijer on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:15 am
eric lane wroteWill post fader metering be available as it on the consoles? I really miss that feature, it was very useful on my original studiolive.
and very important before next summer and the outdoor concerts begin again, a high contrast or colors creen mode, as it is very difficult to see in afternoon sunlight.

+1 +1

I would absolutely LOVE to see both features. It is also good to point out the importance again of the UC visibility thing again when in bright light conditions.

If data-traffic to UC allows this it would be great to see both levels on the channel meter, next to eachother. Like the input metering in green on the left and the postfade metering on the right, e.g. orange. Bar thickness half size.
by Sage44 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:39 am
How about a built in MP3 player on the UC Control instead of the tape input, so i can play music from the computer. With the ability to start/stop on the UC Surface on the iPad. I run sound in mid size rooms that can be very crowded. Most of the time I can't get to my MP3 player in time to start it between sets. So this would be a nice option.

Bob Wise

P.S If it could be run multiple times on separate channels, It could used for DJ's that like to dance on the dance floor and interact with the crowd.
by monkjunior on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:25 am
Feature request
re design the Entire UC surface app

The workflow on this thing is Klunky AF....

Everything takes 3+ taps to get at...

Especially getting between GEQ's if you working in DCA groups...

The buttons for accessing aux are tiny... thin... make em bigger (i prefer the buttons size of the side fx mutes etc)
Having the main Geq only on the flex fader.... ?!?!
everything is slow AF and the metering ...

i guess i haven't really requested specifics probably comes off as a whinge but this thing is not very efficient...had this thing for a while now...

I do 300 gigs a year... ok so this year i'm short only going to make 294....this thing has been put through its paces... i love the sound, i love the recording, i like the ability to run plugins... but the ergo of this app is dumb...

Edit* - Using RM16 and 300 ipads just so i dont have multile taps... (ok not 300 just 3!! )

checkout the soundcraft Ui interface (apart from the split 31 band eq view... that thing is dream to use.. and lightning quick.)
Last edited by monkjunior on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
by drums.michael on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:31 am
monkjunior wroteFeature request
re design the Entire UC surface app

The workflow on this thing is Klunky AF....

Everything takes 3+ taps to get at...

Especially getting between GEQ's if you working in DCA groups...

The buttons for accessing aux are tiny... thin make em bigger (i prefer the buttons size of the side fx mutes etc)
having the main Geq only on the flex fader.... ?!?!
its slow AF and the metering ...

i guess i haven't really requested specifics probably comes off as a whinge but this thing is not very efficient...had this thing for a while now...

I do 300 gigs a year... ok so this year i'm short only going to make 294....this thing has been put through its paces... i love the sound, i love the recording, i like the ability to run plugins... but the ergo of this app is dumb...

Well said

Huge +1 from on this

RM32AI
- 2U self built computer running MacOSX Mavericks (courtesy of tonymacx86.com) and Hannspree/Hanns-G Touchscreen (HT231HPG)

internals:
storage: 2 2TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm (2tb running RAID for speed plus 2x 1tb storage partitions)
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase
CPU Cooler (due to height restrictions) Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle with offset Fan

by stingray1122 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:30 pm
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but...

We've recently launched a new service call PreSonus Answers. It's a section of our site where users can ask and answer questions as well as vote items up or down.

This is an ideal place to enter feature requests. In fact we have a section for just that! Here's the link to the Live Sound Feature Request section for StudioLive mixers. http://answers.presonus.com/studiolive- ... re-request

As requests are entered, you can vote them up or down so we can see which features are the most requests. This will help us make decisions about which features you feel are the most important to add.

Check it out and start putting your ideas in!

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by drums.michael on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:01 pm
Awesome! Then close this topic (view only) and male the post with the link a pinned post

RM32AI

internals:
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase

by Dale Christenson on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:04 pm
stingray1122 wroteI'm not sure if this has been posted yet but...

We've recently launched a new service call PreSonus Answers. It's a section of our site where users can ask and answer questions as well as vote items up or down.

This is an ideal place to enter feature requests. In fact we have a section for just that! Here's the link to the Live Sound Feature Request section for StudioLive mixers. http://answers.presonus.com/studiolive- ... re-request

As requests are entered, you can vote them up or down so we can see which features are the most requests. This will help us make decisions about which features you feel are the most important to add.

I'm sorry to say that forum you linked to is so difficult to navigate. How would anyone find or keep track of a subject? Maybe I am missing something. Is that a new forum? Is this one not good anymore? I guess I'll just stay connected to the facebook user page as it's easier to use.

Sound 4-U! reinforcement and mobile recording serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Dale Christenson

StudioLive RM32ai
StudioLive RML32ai
CS18ai
MOTU AVB switch
ULT15 x6
ULT18 x2
SL AI328 speakers x4
StudioLive 16.4.2 classic
Windows 8.1 SSD computer with UC Surface, Capture2, and StudioOne2 Producer
by stingray1122 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:31 pm
The new Questions site isn't a user forum and isn't intended to replace these forums. It's more of a modern knowledge base for providing info and asking questions about common topics that is hopefully easier to use and search than our current KB. It's also serving as a sort of IdeaScale for us when it comes to feature requests.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by Danboi12 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:25 pm
Hi fellow engineers,

I want to start by saying this is my first post here at presonus and want to thank the team for such great work thus far :thumbup: ! My feature requests are based on extensive research on the presonus line as well as many other company's products and the recent acquisition of the RM32 with the CS18.

1. A mixing app refresh/redo !!
-Problem: The app is very clunky and feels VERY unfinished!. I love the concept of one app for all devices but that can be limiting when it comes to developing the right way. The app being the main way to control the mixer should be the best it can possibly be. I found myself using the the CS18 to do more than just mix. The aux control is unintuitive and seems like a second thought to the fader focus. The fat channel is good but could take more screen real estate and a select button would be nice to select channels instead of poking around trying to find the right spot.

-fixes: I had the opportunity to mix on Mackie's master fader from their dl32r last night for the first time and it took me less than 10 mins to familiarize with it all and move around the app fluidly. a good video to watch is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Ms7WCj8Ik and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCT10Oqa07Y I love the way everything had its own screen with full screen real estate. It felt like the good old "there at a touch" analog mixer with the extra features. the aux control feels very natural and professional as if i'm using a big digital board with multiple screens. I would take the "everything of one page" of the behringer x32 app which uses the center screen as the main information and settings display.

A mix of studio ones look and mackie's master fader with features from other apps would be great!

----future update that would allow an ipad or monitor to be a second screen at FOH with the CS. for exapmle selecting channels would automatically switch

2. RM and CS features
-- I would love to see more added features of control for the pair. The screens are almost useless except for connecting the network. the scribble strips would be nice with pictures. I currently use the CS as just an Ethernet controller no AVB.

--- Give me control over the RM, more option and settings would be nice
by tourtelot on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:27 pm
Just read the whole thread and I didn't see the most obvious FR, at least to me. I really need a way to have LINE INPUTS on the RM16. By-pass the preamps and offer a +4 input. I use a slew of outboard preamps when I record and it is insane to pad down a Millennia preamp and then put this signal through the "okay" and "alright" Presonus preamps. Kinda defeats the effort.

Is this possible via the XLR inputs via a software update. If not, I'd vote for a redesign including Neutrik Combo connectors. I'd buy one even though I just bought the RM16AI

It would allow me to use the RM16AI/Dante in situations that I now need to use copper snake that allows the use of my racks of top-tier pres.

Please?

Doug
by epeterso on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:55 am
tourtelot wroteJust read the whole thread and I didn't see the most obvious FR, at least to me. I really need a way to have LINE INPUTS on the RM16. By-pass the preamps and offer a +4 input. I use a slew of outboard preamps when I record and it is insane to pad down a Millennia preamp and then put this signal through the "okay" and "alright" Presonus preamps. Kinda defeats the effort.

Is this possible via the XLR inputs via a software update. If not, I'd vote for a redesign including Neutrik Combo connectors. I'd buy one even though I just bought the RM16AI

It would allow me to use the RM16AI/Dante in situations that I now need to use copper snake that allows the use of my racks of top-tier pres.

Please?

Doug

This has been suggested, but would be a hardware change. I recall suggesting a companion rack box with line inputs. I had to spend more than $1200 for quality Radial DI to make my RM32AI usable, so I would gladly have paid that much more for a RM that worked more like my 16.4.2 legacy mixer. Inserts would be nice too ...

RM32AI using FW800 and a 25 foot cable, 24 bit 88.2 kHz.

Home built 4 GHz DAW i-7 3930K 32 GB RAM, Blu Ray burner, all SSD except for RAID drives, three 24" screens at mixing desk, fourth screen in the ISO Booth. This thing screams!

SONAR Platinum with Radikal SAC-2.2 surface, Waves Gold FX, Samplitude Pro X, Melodyne. Magix Video Pro X6, and Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

StudioLive 16.4.2 or X32 Rack for gigs Firewire connected to Sony VAIO all-in-wonder touch screen PC.
by tourtelot on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:45 am
Seems like I am always waiting on something to make a particular setup work :) I could be satisfied with a Dante I/O card for my Lynx Aurora AD converters but that seems to be only a dream as well.

Sigh.

Doug
by jashinrodriguez on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:46 pm
I absolutely need the ability to choose the language on the IPad app, currently it automatically uses the device's default language, Spanish in my case, but I'm used to work with English audio terms all my life and "hardware" mixers and other gear are all labeled in English, so is very hard now to start working in a different language, besides, a lot of words are longer in Spanish and they don't fit in the space you gave to their English equivalent making it still harder to understand.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort to translate the app and I'm sure it's going to be very useful for a lot of people, but I would like to have the opportunity to choose the language, like on the desktop app, without having to change the language all over my IPad.
Thanks and keep the good work.
Jashin.
by [email protected] on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:45 am
DB25 Direct outs for all channels. Some venues want to mix using their own consoles making our RM32 essentially a mix monitor for our in ears. Having to use a bunch of mic splitters takes up valuable rack and necessitates additional cabling. You have it on the SL mixers, why not on the Rack Miixers? Please, please?
by seanmcdaniel on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:33 am
[email protected] wroteDB25 Direct outs for all channels. Some venues want to mix using their own consoles making our RM32 essentially a mix monitor for our in ears. Having to use a bunch of mic splitters takes up valuable rack and necessitates additional cabling. You have it on the SL mixers, why not on the Rack Miixers? Please, please?

Even if they could change what is sent to the existing DB25s, there would only be 16 outs. A splitter snake is the best route.
by matthewseymour on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:03 pm
I've mentioned this in the new answers site, but I'll add it here too...

I'd love a Dante stagebox mode. A few ways this could be achieved I guess, but essentially I need to be able to route to outputs without having to sacrifice an input channel. The key is I want this standalone, not pairing with another rm mixer.

To be honest there are few Dante/AVB stagebox units and I reckon Presonus could sell plenty of RM boxes to people who have no interest in the mixer capabilities. Personally I want both :)
by robertbrady on Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:26 pm
2 of the above feature requests mention I would also like to see:

- ability to rearrange channels and/or insert new ones in the middle of existing channels

- hide unused digital channels, which I will almost never be using anytime soon, to my knowledge...

by neilpatchett on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 pm
Delay option for all input channels and mix outputs would complete this mix system :+1
by glynhughes on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:37 pm
Well I tried the link below but page not found?

-=Glyn=-

stingray1122 wroteI'm not sure if this has been posted yet but...

PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 Firmware 0.98f Build 219
PreSonus StudioLive RM16AI Firmware 1.0.7784
MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i7/16GB/1TB SSD/El Capitan 10.11.6
MacBook Air 1.7GHz i7/8GB/512GB SSD/El Capitan 10.11.6
Universal Control 1.7.3 (1.6.5742 Driver 4.2.0.39752)
Universal Control AI 1.5.0.36497
UC Surface 1.8
Studio One Professional 3.2.0.36707
Capture 2.2.0.36497
SL-Remote 1.5.5503
QMix 1.3.5508
QMix AI 1.2.29258
iPhone 6S iOS 9.3.4
iPad Air 2 iOS 9.3.4

265 postsPage 13 of 14
1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14