Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ok Guys!

Jumping right in here.........

For all you out there with SL boards and SL PA Speaks......how do you perform your initial setups? So there is SL RC, Smaart, etc.

Scenario........

Pull your brand new SL 32.4.2 out of the box....update to current. Pull your brand new SL 315 and 318s' out of the box, update to current, and connect the whole awesomeness up. Where do you guys start????

Just want some different opinions on how others are dialing their setups in........

Regards,

~T.J.

Regards,

~T.J. Deerinck
by mwright137 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:43 pm
One step at a time, but yes I'd update each item to be the most current driver first.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by tjdeerinck on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:01 pm
Yeah, that part I do routinely.

What I meant was getting the best sound. Start with Smaart, Room Control, etc. How do you guys dial the Speakers in for the best sound.....tips....tricks.....etc.

~T.J.

Regards,

~T.J. Deerinck
by mwright137 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:38 am
That's a good question. When I figure it out, I'll probably use Room Control more. I'm still stuck on my DriveRack. When I get my PreSonus subs and my whole FoH is PreSonus, that may change...

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Karyn on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:00 am
personally I'd go with...

If the speakers are in a permanent installation, do the setup in the speakers with room control.
If you're in a different club every night, use smart and the setup wizard in the desk.

Just seems logical to use one or the other but never both... (you could end up boosting frequencies in the speakers which you're already cutting on the desk.. not good)

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1