StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 12 of 14
1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
I think I've mentioned it before, but simple Record 2 Track Stereo Mains to USB stick on the front panel.

I've been installing a few RM32s into churches, and I still have to supply them with an additional field recorder.

I' sure literally everyone wants to record their shows for various reasons without lugging round a spare laptop for Firewire capture.

It's also embarrassing that literally every other digital mixer and many of the new lower end analogue mixers are providing this feature.
by gbam55 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:50 pm
I would like a way to propagate channel names into Studio One like the sync function performs in Capture. Capture is great for live recording but S1 offers more functionality for studio recording. Thanks for listening.

Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, 16.0.2 (x2), Studiolive mobile, Mac mini i7 Quad core, 16GB, MacBook Pro 2012 (1T Ssd & with all the Ports you need) Studio One Professionnal. Mélodine editor, Fader Port, StudioLive RM32-AI, CS18-ai, KRK VTX4 monitors and KRK 10s.
KRK 10 3 monitors. Yamaha O1v, KRK rokit 10 3 monitors. RCF 725-II PA and RCF 325 stage monitors. Turbosound TQ425/455 DP PA.
by basmeijer on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:36 pm
shaneboaden wroteAbility to disable GEQ's off any output, mainly the auxes as some people run iems and don't need a 31 band GEQ on every aux.

This would free up processing power and then add a virtual fx rack with plugin style fx like on the behringer x32 with various fx like multiband compressor, stereo enhancers, better vintage reverbs ad delays, chorus, flanger, amp simulator, pitch based fx, transient designer etc...

Being able to process mix busses and main/mono buses with enhancers and
Multiband compression would be awesome

+2 (both thumbs) for getting rid of the Aux GEQ's if that would create more and/or better FX possibilities. I have never ever used them on the RM, if I have an EQ desire on the monitors I can always find my way out with the standard fat channel EQ that is present on the auxes.
by drums.michael on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:02 pm
Please DO NOT get rid of the AUX GEQs, however I'm all for an option in order to switch between additional FX and Aux GEQs should one need the other more

RM32AI
- MacBook Pro Retina i7 8gb
- 2U self built computer running MacOSX Mavericks (courtesy of tonymacx86.com) and Hannspree/Hanns-G Touchscreen (HT231HPG)

internals:
CPU: i7 4790K @4.0Ghz
RAM: 16GB 1866 DDR3
OS disk 128gb Samsung 840 SSD
storage: 2 2TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm (2tb running RAID for speed plus 2x 1tb storage partitions)
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase
CPU Cooler (due to height restrictions) Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle with offset Fan

UC Surface on Mac and iPad
Processing via Waves MultiRack & LiveProfessor2

My Homepage (still being built...)
by saieashmohanadas on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:32 am
I'm keen to have the smart graphics on other devices. I know you have to have a PC connected to the mixer to process the audio and get Smaart, but would it be possible to send that RTA graphics to other devices like the iPad and any other devices.

I know this is possible because other companies have a way to do it and I have seen RTAs on iPads on mixers in a lower price range. I think this would really bring the system to a new level.
by bubbaguth on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:26 pm
The ability to "freeze" channels and set FX defaults so they appear as configured in any subsequent scenes created after that. All of the settings that are consistent, regardless of the scene, would be pre-populated saving a lot of of set up time and the shortening the checklist of everything that has to be gone through to make sure your scenes are consistent.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by drums.michael on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:57 am
saieashmohanadas wroteI'm keen to have the smart graphics on other devices. I know you have to have a PC connected to the mixer to process the audio and get Smaart, but would it be possible to send that RTA graphics to other devices like the iPad and any other devices.

I know this is possible because other companies have a way to do it and I have seen RTAs on iPads on mixers in a lower price range. I think this would really bring the system to a new level.

+1

It could be achieved by making use of the internal iPad Mic. The RTA to ring out Monitors for example wouldn't need to be very suffisticated. All work needing an exact RTA could still be done via FoH/PC

RM32AI
- 2U self built computer running MacOSX Mavericks (courtesy of tonymacx86.com) and Hannspree/Hanns-G Touchscreen (HT231HPG)

internals:
storage: 2 2TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm (2tb running RAID for speed plus 2x 1tb storage partitions)
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase
CPU Cooler (due to height restrictions) Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle with offset Fan

by bubbaguth on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:46 pm
Ability to global assign Fat Channel B to Pre 2 aux mixes. It would be awesome to have independent Fat Channel processing available on each channel for monitors, etc.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by saieashmohanadas on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:29 am
drums.michael wrote
saieashmohanadas wroteI'm keen to have the smart graphics on other devices. I know you have to have a PC connected to the mixer to process the audio and get Smaart, but would it be possible to send that RTA graphics to other devices like the iPad and any other devices.

+1

It could be achieved by making use of the internal iPad Mic. The RTA to ring out Monitors for example wouldn't need to be very suffisticated. All work needing an exact RTA could still be done via FoH/PC

It is already pretty disappointing that it needs a computer considering entry level offerings from Behringer and Soundcraft with their iPad mixers which cost about a quarter of the price of my RM32AI do not require a computer to be plugged in to get RTA on the iPad.

However, I'm not sure about the Soundcraft one, but the RTA on the Behringer was just noticeable that it did lag a bit. Also I'm not sure how accurate they are, I've never extensively tested this feature - only played around a little with the mixers

But if at least the graphical data could be sent across the network on the RM mixers - that would be perfect.
Last edited by saieashmohanadas on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
by drums.michael on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:48 am
saieashmohanadas wrote
It is already pretty disappointing that it needs a computer considering entry level offerings from Behringer and Soundcraft with their iPad mixers which cost about a quarter of the price of my RM32AI do not require a computer to be plugged in to get RTA on the iPad.

And Yamaha has it even longer i believe even for the old LS9s...

Right now i'm starting to get pretty frustrated with this whole thing, as right now we don't have any RTA on iPad etc. why not provide a solution for as long as Smaart is not possible yet making use of what's there, e.g. internal Mic of the handheld devices?

It's like on or off which kind of annoys me as there clearly is middle ground.
And saying it's technically not possible atm is ok for smaart but if every other company offers RTA on the iPad & Co. one starts to wonder, you know...

RM32AI

internals:
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase

by mondinga on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:20 pm
Simple double tap features through the iPad app. Try the software for the DL1608. They have one of the easiest and most intuitive apps out there.

Try running a small show on one and you will quickly see a few things that make it easier to use vs. UC for iPad.
by drums.michael on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:38 pm
mondinga wroteSimple double tap features through the iPad app. Try the software for the DL1608. They have one of the easiest and most intuitive apps out there.

Try running a small show on one and you will quickly see a few things that make it easier to use vs. UC for iPad.

I second that!
like the DL app for most things some I like better on the UC..

had a gig yesterday and the grouping and the group masters drove me nuts when wanting to edit FX or EQ/Dyn on an FX etc. a simple channel hiding feature (like on the DL software) would be soooo much easier for certain things...
I get that the grouping feature has it's benefits and such but w/o an alternative it's pretty annoying at times...

RM32AI

internals:
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase

by Chancellors on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:56 pm
+1 on excluding the mutes (like you could on the old 24.4.2) from scene recalls. I just did my first large show with multiple groups with my new RM32AI. I made the mistake of saving the scenes for each group during sound check with the MC mic muted. So every time I loaded the scene for the next group, the MC's mic would mute for a second until I could un-mute it. That was fun getting glares and comments from him all evening until I had a break and could fix all the scenes.
by drums.michael on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:39 am
Chancellors wrote+1 on excluding the mutes (like you could on the old 24.4.2) from scene recalls. I just did my first large show with multiple groups with my new RM32AI. I made the mistake of saving the scenes for each group during sound check with the MC mic muted. So every time I loaded the scene for the next group, the MC's mic would mute for a second until I could un-mute it. That was fun getting glares and comments from him all evening until I had a break and could fix all the scenes.

Also the way how mute groups are created in the first place should be changed. Hard to adjust them on the fly.
Could be like channel groups now where you select channels that belong to the mute group. That way you could do it on the fly and also make corrections that much easier

RM32AI

internals:
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase

by derejetesfaye1 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:38 am
epeterso wrote
dougwatson wroteI ran into an issue over the weekend where I changing a bunch of channels from Analog input to Firewire input and that process in UC Surface got old real fast. On my old 24.4.2, it was a simple one finger swipe all the across the board on the firewire input source buttons... Boom and in less than a second all 24 could be switched to analog or digital. How about a simple way to apply a mass change such as this? It took me nearly two minutes to switch a little over half of the inputs from Analog to Firewire source...

Thanks!

Yes!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth. I struggled with that the other day, I also have a 16.4.2 in my PA so I know what you are talking about.

I agree.
Thanks
by drums.michael on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:42 am
derejetesfaye1 wrote
epeterso wrote
dougwatson wroteI ran into an issue over the weekend where I changing a bunch of channels from Analog input to Firewire input and that process in UC Surface got old real fast. On my old 24.4.2, it was a simple one finger swipe all the across the board on the firewire input source buttons... Boom and in less than a second all 24 could be switched to analog or digital. How about a simple way to apply a mass change such as this? It took me nearly two minutes to switch a little over half of the inputs from Analog to Firewire source...

Thanks!

Yes!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth. I struggled with that the other day, I also have a 16.4.2 in my PA so I know what you are talking about.

I agree.
Thanks

+1

RM32AI

internals:
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase

by saieashmohanadas on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 pm
derejetesfaye1 wrote
epeterso wrote

Thanks!

I agree.
Thanks

+1

This would be really useful if you wanted to use the same settings on each channel - maybe like highlight several channels and then you can apply the same settings on several of them.
by bjmccaskil on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:41 am
Question first: Are FX engines in the RM hardware or software?

If software, it would be nice if the four FX channels were selectable between reverb and delay - the way "aux" channels are selectable between Aux and Sub. Four FX channels are sufficient, but there are many times I wish I had three reverbs and one delay, or four reverbs and no delays.

I suspect that if this could have be done, it would have.
by eric lane on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:00 pm
Will post fader metering be available as it on the consoles? I really miss that feature, it was very useful on my original studiolive.
and very important before next summer and the outdoor concerts begin again, a high contrast or colors creen mode, as it is very difficult to see in afternoon sunlight.
by benwaites on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:02 am
Would love to see the ability to split screen on iPad Pro.

265 postsPage 12 of 14
1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14