7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a chance that Capture could also capture midi input? Would work nicely with the Apogee Duet and Quartet.

Dominic

MacBook Pro M1 Max 10/32 64GB 2TB, MacOS 13.6.3, S1 Pro 6.5.2 UADx, RME Babyface Pro fs (206/3.31)
by salvadoredelle on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 pm
here is how you can do it... simply drag Capture to the trash!... then start using Studio One... Capture is a bare bones free application.. It is very limited in what it can do... Studio One on the other hand is a very in depth application and can do all that you are asking for and more...

think of it as having a box of tools... Capture is a basic Phillips screw driver... so you can't really pound nails with it or saw lumber or drill holes... you can screw in a few Phillips type screws... that's it? don't ask or expect it to be anything more. but Studio One on the other hand is a multi tool capable of doing all you ask for and more. You can set up templates for your band to use and it is just as easy and fast as Capture and saves you a bunch of steps and time... why are you using Capture? It's really nice of them to give you a free program... very cool basic.. but to me it means a few more steps on the back side transferring to a real DAW to actually work with it. Just use Studio One in the first place and you can record MIDI and more...

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by matthewgorman on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:23 pm
He was asking about Capture for the ipad. :oops:

Its ok, everyone has their own version of movable loops. Just ask Lmike. :mrgreen:

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by dominicwperry on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:44 pm
Yup, I meant Capture for iPad. And it's not free!

I have Studio One - and use it for transferred recordings. It would just be good if I could edit midi parts collected from Capture too.
I realised after posting 3 feature requests that Capture was primarily designed for a different platform, and that the porting to iPad, although it works well, is effectively an afterthougt. Any features added might clutter the intention of the original application.

The reason I use Capture on the iPad is so that it's there, ready to go, sitting in amongst my musical gear. My computer does double duty as, well, a computer. The iPad is great for instant on recording.

Dominic

MacBook Pro M1 Max 10/32 64GB 2TB, MacOS 13.6.3, S1 Pro 6.5.2 UADx, RME Babyface Pro fs (206/3.31)
by cybcybjaffe on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:59 am
You can do it in very simple way just drag the capture tot he trash.Then use Studio One. Capture is a bare bones free application. It is very limited in what it can do.Studio One on the other hand is a very in depth application and can do all that you are asking for and more.

by patrickgoodrich on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:21 pm
I have also searched and researched the owner's manuals, forums, FAQs, videos, etc. for all related areas pertaining to my setup:

iPad Air w/ purchased multitrack Capture
PreSonus AudioBox iTwo
StudioOne 3 Artist (64-bit download included w/ AudioBox iTwo purchase)
Windows 10 PC

I find NO answer and/or guidance from PreSonus to this very basic question that deserves a simple, drama and opinion-free 'yes' or 'no', (preferably from authorized PreSonus personnel) and if 'yes', a simple, complete diagram for completing the process. Otherwise, the recommended "work around", such as recording the midi into StudioOne and emailing the track to the iPad, assuming it can be imported into Capture. (How?)

The obvious intent is to utilize the iPad/Capture midi tracks to control outboard midi gear in a PORTABLE 'live' situation. This information presently appears to be a void that PreSonus has either ignored or does not want to answer. Please???

Pat 'da Hat'
Honolulu, HI
dba: Honky Chapeau Music [BMI]

MAC IOS Catalina v.10.15.4
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

PreSonus StudioOne 4 Professional v4.6.1 build 55987
AudioBox i2 

by surajgiri1 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:42 pm
of course you can use the Capture and capture midi input. But you need to know the download time for capturing the midi input. Which is pretty insane to be precise. If you need help please let me know.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1