9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm using Notion 5.1.374 and running Mac OS 10.10.2 on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009).

I was surprised that there doesn't seem to be a setting for a playback metronome anywhere in Notion (or any of the reference guides).

A playback metronome with adjustable volume (and maybe even adjustable subdivision) seems like a basic, useful, simply integrated, and I would even say essential tool for creating music. I've always appreciated having a click easily available in Logic Pro & Finale. Not only has it always been helpful for me when composing parts, but it's been a very valuable tool for folks I teach for practice purposes.

Thanks in advance for any help you can render!
by wcreed on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:32 pm
The metronome is there for recording MIDI input. Not sure why you'd want it for playback...

Bill Reed
Notion 6, Dorico, StaffPad, Overture , Studio One, Cubase
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM; iPad2; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Forster 190
by travisham1 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:05 pm
wcreed wroteThe metronome is there for recording MIDI input. Not sure why you'd want it for playback...

I've always personally appreciated having it for playback in all the other software I've used, especially if there's rhythmically complex idea I'm trying to flesh out. It's also been a helpful practice tool for folks I teach. They can practice their part along with the orchestration & have the metronome to help them improve their rhythm. I've found it very useful.
by jpettit on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:56 pm
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
It does help to figure out rhythms that you are hearing but might not know the notation rhythms.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by williamarroyo on Fri May 15, 2015 7:14 am
+1

I'm working on a new piece and the first track is a synthesizer with a very slow attack. It's difficult to find the downbeat and practice the next track without a metronome. Also, there seems to be no volume control for the metronome. These would be very welcome additions and also fairy easy to implement (I'm not a programmer so maybe I'm way off on this one). I hope not.
by kmlandre on Sat May 16, 2015 1:43 am
If you REALLY need a metronome during playback, Notion includes a nice side-stick on the orchestral snare.

And quarter notes are super cheap these days... :D

Kurt
by williamarroyo on Sat May 16, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanks for the tip. I've got it running.
by jamalbee on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:37 pm
I second this complaint. My daughter is learning some complex rhythms and I had to switch to another app (symphony pro) to let her hear the metronom during playback. I understand that some may not need this feature, but Notion ought to make it available for those who need it. This is so basic a function, which exist in every music software I can think of. Come on Presonus !
by michaelmyers1 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:04 pm
djamelbekhouche wroteI second this complaint. My daughter is learning some complex rhythms and I had to switch to another app (symphony pro) to let her hear the metronom during playback. I understand that some may not need this feature, but Notion ought to make it available for those who need it. This is so basic a function, which exist in every music software I can think of. Come on Presonus !

+1 I find that there are a number of features that would make the program more beginner-friendly. Identification of a note by note name would be nice when you hover over it.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Sonoma 14.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6/Notion Mobile + Studio One 6 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com

9 posts