Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I got the room control app on iPad and my MacBook Pro up and running yesterday and found it pretty useful.

The one thing that is really holding it back, and maybe I'm missing something, is the ability to 'link' speaker settings so that whatever EQ / Limiting / Delay I apply to say... house left, will automatically be applied to house right, in real time.

I understand that grouping allows you to change overall volume of a group, and have them share a graphic eq. I'm also aware that it's easy to save speaker settings and load them on other speakers. What I'd prefer to do is edit parameters of multiple speakers at the same time.

For example, I have three 18sAI subs, and the ability to link their notch filters and have them sweep simultaneously would be incredibly helpful.

Without that ability, I'm currently using my console to do corrective room eq. That's fine, but I have multiple engineers using the system so I have to make sure their console files are up to date.

Is this something that's on the table as a future update, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mike
by mwright137 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:23 pm
Sounds like a feature request. That is currently not possible except using the group controls you already mentioned.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by greg.thomas.brown on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:24 pm
I second that motion! While I love my 328's, how am I supposed to ring out my speakers using notch filters if I can't link them? It's much slower if I have to keep switching speakers to dial in the notch filter twice to cut feedback as I boost the gain.....please give us the option to use the parametrics and notch filters the same way as the graphics!
by PreSonuSupt2 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:15 pm
I'll input this as a feature request in our system for you.

I can't say for certain that the request can or will be fulfilled but at least it will be there for you.
by petermartel1 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:53 pm
I see this still hasn't been implemented. It seems the notch filters are implementd primarily for monitor use. That said, being able to link speakers (or not) like channels on a board, would be nice. Folks do know about copy and paste right?
by Dale Christenson on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:10 pm
I was under the impression that you were to adjust only one of the speakers while using smaart, for example. So after tweaking, you could then just copy and paste to the other, no?

Sound 4-U! reinforcement and mobile recording serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Dale Christenson

StudioLive RM32ai
StudioLive RML32ai
CS18ai
MOTU AVB switch
ULT15 x6
ULT18 x2
SL AI328 speakers x4
StudioLive 16.4.2 classic
Windows 8.1 SSD computer with UC Surface, Capture2, and StudioOne2 Producer
by basmeijer on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:15 pm
Any news whether this feature was implemented? I have not had the chance to test the most recent firmware yet and I am curious what to expect. In the manuals I cannot find anything to confirm this.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1