Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just setting up a new system and have wired and wireless hooked up, and can see speakers both ways., set up venues with speakers. Are there any known issues with having both options active? It seems the software crashes if I select a venue that was set up using one network while later using the other. Crashes both on iPad and Mac.

Two networks:
All wireless is default StudioLive;
Wired is locally named, all speakers are connected to a wireless router via ethernet and another (StudioLive network via wifi). Do I have to choose one or the other and disable. Can I rum more than one Room Control device?
by gadget69 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:12 pm
Are you certain that you have ALL your drivers, and OS on the latest versions?

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by petermartel1 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:40 pm
Drivers? On a Mac and iPad.

Seems to crask if accessing a venu that was set up using another network configuration. Anyone from Presonus on this forum?
by bubbaguth on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:21 pm
(BUMP)

My first AI cabinet just arrived yesterday with more on the way. Within minutes, I experienced multiple crashes with SL Remote on Mac Sierra and Windows 10 (it appears to be over 2 years without an update).

Honestly, I don't see me using this application much once I am successful with applying the latest firmware (which is another issue I am having too) so I am not that concerned, but not very impressed for my first experience.

Curious if there are any SL Room Control "Power Users" out there that are banging away hard on this app with no problems and really can't see themselves surviving with these speakers without this app.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by Karyn on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:05 pm
Hello.. Power User here.. :) When you say SL Remote I guess you mean Room Control

1. You can't use both WiFi and cable in the AI speakers at the same time. Where possible use cable.
2. You can't reliably run Room Control from two machines at once. Choose one and stick with it.

Room Control is just what it says on the tin, it's a control app and does no processing at all. All the GEQs, PEQs, notch filters, delays and limiters you see are built into the AI speakers and Room Control is the app you use to access them.

Room Control doesn't check to see if any other instances of it are running on the network. So if you launch it on two machines at once they will be trying to override each others control of the speakers. Unpredictable results.....

If you have an iPad, use that.

It works very well and is VERY useful.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1