Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
37 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Other than being expandable, is there a quality difference to the fire studio project?

Yes, definitely. The converters are going to be better and the preamps are our latest technology with full recall-ability.

This thing is going to be a beast.

:thumbup:

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics
http://www.presonus.com
by Daw Stew on Sun May 03, 2015 1:25 am
who is developing the OEM USB 3.0 audio controller for this device?
by dgkenney on Tue May 05, 2015 11:34 am
This looks very, very nice. My only complaint is that it would be perfect if one could route the ADAT input through the UC for fat channel fx processing. That would be awesome

It's all down hill from what's in front of the microphone. - Bob Olhsson

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by andersekman on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm
PreSonuSales2 wroteUnfortunately, no MIDI. This is simply due to the fact that in order to make this unit expandable with other units and capable of handling a large amount of inputs/outputs for its 1U rack space size, we had to sacrifice the real estate where a MIDI connection might go. However, this does not mean that there is no way to connect to external gear. There's still a multitude of ways to connect the Studio 192 to external gear, depending on the external gear.

Can you give some examples how to connect to external gear?
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:16 pm
dgkenney wroteThis looks very, very nice. My only complaint is that it would be perfect if one could route the ADAT input through the UC for fat channel fx processing. That would be awesome

As seen in another thread, you con. But you already knew that. For those not in that thread, the first 8 adat inputs can also have fat channel processing.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 pm
andersekman wrote
PreSonuSales2 wroteUnfortunately, no MIDI. This is simply due to the fact that in order to make this unit expandable with other units and capable of handling a large amount of inputs/outputs for its 1U rack space size, we had to sacrifice the real estate where a MIDI connection might go. However, this does not mean that there is no way to connect to external gear. There's still a multitude of ways to connect the Studio 192 to external gear, depending on the external gear.

Can you give some examples how to connect to external gear?

The line outs can be made mono to create a pipeline loop for external processing. There is a stereo in via spdif, and there is also adat inputs. The device has, technically speaking, 26 inputs and 32 outputs when paired with adat and spdif pres.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by wdkbeats on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:50 am
Quick question:

Let's say I want to connect 3 pairs of monitors to Studio 192. Can I switch between them in Studio One?

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by rnaqvi on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:33 am
You can switch monitors using uc surface. In the future we will offer this probably directly from studio one. But for now you will have the ability to do it using uc surface.

Rick Naqvi
by M_ELLIOTT on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:16 pm
Rick,
It would also be nice to utilize the talk back feature and the onboard DSP effects from within Studio One 3

Matt Elliott
Quantum 32x26
Studio One V5
Intel I7 6700K
Gigabyte MB
16GB Ram
by rnaqvi on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:51 am
Yes, totally. If you get a chance we have a special feature request section on the forum. The developers in Hamburg actually read it regularly. If you get a chance, please post your thought there as well.

Rick Naqvi
by rokko101 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:46 pm
Thanks for taking the time to post here Rick!

Studio 192 units are on their way to Peru. I look forward to test it and replace my trusty Firestudio units.

+1 To access talkback and DSP FX from SO3.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.
by wesley on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:42 pm
You can access all the DSP Fat Channel functions in Studio One v3.1. It's just the talkback and reverb and delay that have not been integrated. But you can use your favorite reverb and delay plugin in S1 with your cue mixes right now and it works great.
by rokko101 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:06 am
Thanks Wesley.

Maybe delay and reverb integration isn't as important from a real time point of view and plugins work just fine (albeit added latency).

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.
by wesley on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 pm
Latency: it's like pre-delay you don't have to set :D

All kidding aside, time-based effects work great with Z-Mix in Studio One. The Studio 192 template has buses created and plugins already loaded to make it that much easier.
by animalhouse on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm
Can you process tracks from Studio One using the 192's DSP/Fat Channel, or is that strictly for the physical inputs?
by rchan454 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:33 pm
Sing4LTS wroteHere's a quick thought....
If the 192 is using the same digitally controlled Xmax pres as the RM's, and the RM's have multiple outputs like the 192; what are the odds that we see the same level of control and integration between the RM's and S1v3, as we are seeing advertised with the 192? :?: :D

Yes I would also like to know if this will ever be possible, I am trying to find a way to make this work in a home studio environment with CS18/RM16/Studio192 all working together... otherwise I may need to sell and get a 3 series mixer. But maybe that was the plan all along to sell more product :-)
by matthewgorman on Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:22 am
Yes I would also like to know if this will ever be possible, I am trying to find a way to make this work in a home studio environment with CS18/RM16/Studio192 all working together... otherwise I may need to sell and get a 3 series mixer. But maybe that was the plan all along to sell more product :-)

What is it you are trying to do?

Matt

S1Pro V5

37 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2