StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
51 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
I have the same problem 16.0.2 1-14 not working. Rca inputs work on 15/16 only. Tried all ribbon cables and tried firmware re-install. Nothing. Contacted presonus but no help. Anybody able to fix this?
by JeffGerman on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:06 am
Tweeted it out for Presonus support. Hopefully it will draw attention to this problem. Crippled over here with a record company screaming for demos. Not happy.
by randallmorabito on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:50 pm
Oh Man! I just got a refurbed 1602, and this thread is scaring me!
by rizzy1 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:22 am
Has anyone got a resolution on this. I have the same problem with my1602 went to record and no input from channels 1-12. I've had the board almost 4 years. It's never left the house and suddenly a bunch of us are running into this... kind of weird.
by elijahgudroe on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:55 am
I just got my board back from presonus after they replaced the dsp board. I used it for three hours and it started making a weird pulsing noise. I powered the board off and then turned it back on to find inputs 5-16 not working. So pissed. I am starting to think I got a lemon.
by jesswaldrop on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:55 pm
I've got the same issue with my 16.4.2. Channels 1-4 are working but 5-16 are hit and miss. By that I mean if the boards been off for longer than 2 or 3 minutes and you turn it on all 16 channels are working. If you cycle power then only 1-4 are working but if you wait anywhere from 30 seconds to as long as 5 minutes the input LEDs on channels 5-16 suddenly flash up about 3 bars as if they all received power and then are magically working. It all started one Sunday morning when the system was powered on and there was a loud pop from the system.
by gadget69 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:50 am
For anyone still reading this thread looking for solutions, start a tech service ticket!

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by garretthine on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?? I have the same issue as most on this thread. The only inputs that work are my last two. 1-10 don't work most of the time. I have reinstalled UC, factory reset the board, inspected internal connection, and started a ticket with presonus to no avail. Id like not to send the board in if this is something i can easily repair. Still have not seen a legitimate answer to this problem. PLEASE HELP
by EvilSound on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:16 pm
I have the same problem. After 5 years using my StudioLive 16.4.2 in the studio, never out of it, suddenly it stopped working. Inputs 1-4 work great but 5-16 is dead... What I can do? :?

Owner EvilSound Studios
http://www.evilsound.com
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:19 am
EvilSound wroteI have the same problem. After 5 years using my StudioLive 16.4.2 in the studio, never out of it, suddenly it stopped working. Inputs 1-4 work great but 5-16 is dead... What I can do? :?

Open a support ticket is the best course of action.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by AndreB7414 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:59 pm
Same problem here on my 16.0.2. Inputs 1-12 not working. Stereo inputs 13/14 and 15/16 working great. Has anyone found a solution. I dont have time for a ticket. This can't be a coincidence and this is terrible customer service!!! :evil:
by wahlerstudios on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:56 am
You should consider that a mixer like yours contains "fader banks", which means that there is no way to change a single fader, which is defect. It might well be that the 1602 uses 12 or 8 fader modules. If there is a defect somewhere, the whole module/bank needs to be replaced. A firmware refresh or update or a factory reset does not help in this case. Obviously your board needs to see the "doctors" in Baton Rouge. Open a service ticket in your PreSonus account.

And let your next post be a report about how things have developed. I am missing "second posts" in this very old thread... Terrible user behaviour!!! :evil:
by renauddelay on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:42 pm
Same issue here with a 16.0.2. No input at all working.
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:06 pm
As said in the other thread: It looks like your mixer needs a repair. Go to your users account and open a ticket..
by vladanstankovic on Tue May 09, 2017 9:49 am
Have the same problem.
16.0.2 inputs 1~ 12 not working.
support just told me to schedule a repair and gave me a contact of "local" distributor which is in another country.
This looks to me like a repeating issue.
Repair for this should be free.
by SwitchBack on Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 am
Repair is free when you're first owner and within warranty.

In general remember that these are digital mixers, not analog mixers. In analog mixers a small failure usually has limited consequences, like one channel going bad. In digital mixers (basically all computer inside) a small failure usually has big consequences, like the whole mixer or a whole bank of inputs failing. That seems to suggest that it's always the same failure (a design flaw) but in fact it can be a ton of different little things you can expect to go bad at one point during normal use. Yes, that doesn't make the consequences less serious but it is the downside of all the extra features digital mixers pack compared to analog mixers.

Anyway, when PreSonus issues a service ticket it means they think a repair is necessary. Depending on where and when you bought the mixer you can take it back to your dealer and let them do the shipping and all. Saves you the hassle.
by christianvox on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:44 pm
I'm from Italy and i have the same problem !! Studiolive 16 0 02 doesn't work , no audio output and no audio input from 11 to 16 channels . I repaired this one last year and now another problem on this , serial number is pg3e05.... i'm very sad , i want to change but i like this mixer ......
by SwitchBack on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:37 am
I have the same problem with my wife, sometimes...
by felipegonzalez1 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 pm
this makes me so scared, i bought mine a year ago and i don't want this to happen
by wahlerstudios on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:04 pm
Dust and moisture were the enemies of the "classic" faders. The AI series got mechanically better protected faders. If I understand you right you have bought a second hand SL 16.4.2. The board can be more than 8 years old now, so I hope you know where the board comes from, how it was used and how intense. If one fader is getting a problem, its "fader bank" needs to be replaced, which is 8 input channels, if I remember it right.

It simply happens that something goes bad, as SwitchBack wrote in this thread on May 9. Therefore it is always a good advice to be prepared for the "impossible". I always carry an small old analog mixer with me. It can handle two microphones and two stereo line signals and it takes only a minute or two to get it set up... ;-)

51 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3