13 posts
Page 1 of 1
I know you can daisy chain firestudio projects together using universal control and studio one, but can you with Pro Tools 11? Or will it start acting crazy?
by mwright137 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:07 pm
I don't think the DAW matters. Studio One has templates built for you but this should work in any DAW.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by cristofe on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:29 pm
That is correct.....the DAW doesn't matter.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by robirdman on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 am
Really? I bought a 3rd DSP, and can't hear anything going into it. I have tried for over a week to get help from their techs, sending screen shots of my Cubase setup with ins and outs, and then of UC control but still have no solution. It seems like it would be simpler and that their technicians would know how to configure things.
by jrussell on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:05 pm
Thanks guys!
by mwright137 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:17 am
robirdman wroteReally? I bought a 3rd DSP, and can't hear anything going into it. I have tried for over a week to get help from their techs, sending screen shots of my Cubase setup with ins and outs, and then of UC control but still have no solution. It seems like it would be simpler and that their technicians would know how to configure things.

I assume you meant "FireStudio Project". Do you have the lowest serial number first in the chain from the computer? Just because you purchased it last does not make it the highest serial number.

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

My Website
by robirdman on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:58 am
Didn't notice I typed DSP, when I meant FSP.
X20b... > computer
X20c... > X20b
X20e... > X20c
by mwright137 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:25 pm
Do they all work when connected individually? Are they all on the same firmware version?

My Website
by robirdman on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:05 am
I installed the Studio 1 software and within 30 minutes I had it setup so that I could hear the RX11 drum machine playing a pattern that is on it. This is going into the 3rd E-drums FSP. So then I was going to compare Cubase's routing and opened a song that had a sequence playing the RX11. So to my amazement, I could hear it playing. then I closed Studio 1 and the sound stopped and I realized it was just playing in the other software. I tried to set up the routing in Cubase and just can't get it to sound. The problem is that with Studio 1, the instruments are set up and then you simply chose the audio port. In Cubase you don't choose the audio port, but the midi out. So then there is no simple choice for the audio, and you have to figure the routing, which I haven't been able to, and perhaps it isn't as neither Presonus nor Steinberg has been able to provide a solution in a week and a half, despite being sent screen shots of routing, UC, etc. You might think that investing $4000 in 3 FSP, and a RAIN computer recommended by Presonus to base my studio around their system might merit a phone call, but it doesn't.
by mwright137 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:39 am
Can you PM me your support ticket number? I can look into it for you.

My Website
by robirdman on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:01 am
195590 No followup since Sunday now.
by ForumAdmin on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:08 pm
There is an article posted in the PreSonus knowledge base that details how Daisy Chaining FireStudio Projects in Pro Tools works and what the caveats are.

http://support.presonus.com/entries/493670-FireStudio-Family-Setting-up-chained-FireStudio-projects-in-ProTools-9

It references Pro Tools 9,however since the channel input count hasn't changed in PT 9, 10 or 11, the process is the same.

Just like in Studio One, you have to add the additional channels manually in your I/O setup page in Pro Tools.

Regards.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by ForumAdmin on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:16 pm
I've gone over your ticket in full with the support manager and the support agent is working with you on getting your situation resolved. We see your last correspondence with was yesterday at 3pm. The support agent will be sending you some more information to assist you to help getting you up and running.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

13 posts
Page 1 of 1