Discuss Sceptre S6 and S8 here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, I am currently using a pair of Yamaha HS50s with a Yamaha HS10W sub. I've enjoyed mixing all kinds of music on the HS50s for years. I added the HS10W later, because I wasn't quite getting the low end reference I needed for some of the hip-hop and synth-heavy pop I was mixing.

I'm looking at getting a pair of Sceptre S8s. I'm trying to get a preliminary idea of whether or not I'll need a sub to supplement them. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

RM32AI | CS18AI | 24.4.2AI | Studio One v3 | Digimax FS | FaderPort | AudioBox iOne | HD7
by matthewgorman on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:50 am
No sub, unless you are doing sound design.

I have both the HS50 and the Sceptre 8's. Its a very complimentary setup. I didn't think I would use the HS50's much after getting the 8's, but I find I use both equally.

The Sceptre's are almost too good, if that makes any sense. They handle crappy mixes pretty well, so I usually turn the hs50's on to really hear the mid range mess I have created.

I have never missed anything on the low end w/o the sub.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by lostinsound1 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:22 pm
Awesome. Thanks for the input, Matt! Side-note... just saw the new R-Series (http://www.presonus.com/products/R-Series-Monitors). Very interesting...

RM32AI | CS18AI | 24.4.2AI | Studio One v3 | Digimax FS | FaderPort | AudioBox iOne | HD7
by matthewgorman on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:32 am
Yeah, the ribbon tweeters. Not a fan of the appearance.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by shanabit on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:53 pm
matthewgorman wroteYeah, the ribbon tweeters. Not a fan of the appearance.

According to a video I saw a black replacement cover comes in the box as well if you dont like the blue

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by rpark on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:21 am
I haven't found a need for the sub with my S8s, though I have thought of adding one so I could replicate the dance floor mixes just for getting a feel of what is there, if that makes sense. I always worry there may be some garbage way low that I am not hearing but that a strong sub system might pick up. I have not found it to be so thus far, but would like the option to hear it.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1