Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Used the CS18AI on a live gig this past weekend.

Noticed there was no tape input control on the iPad UC app. The channel was there, but the label that should say "Tape In" was not. I could control is from the CS and from UC on my PC.

I was using the tape input on stage to play music off of my iPhone. Being able to adjust the level from the iPad would have been handy. Is this a software glitch? :reading:

Thanks,
by mondinga on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:50 pm
Also, why no main or mono output control from the iPad UC?
by lostinsound1 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:21 am
mondinga wroteAlso, why no main or mono output control from the iPad UC?

I think you may have them hidden. Click the arrows on the right side of the screen.

RM32AI | CS18AI | 24.4.2AI | Studio One v3 | Digimax FS | FaderPort | AudioBox iOne | HD7
by matthewgorman on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:57 am
What version of firmware and app are you on? It will tell you both in the settings page in UC Surface.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by barrychupp on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:27 am
I noticed I did not have any signal into our RM16AI via TAPE IN this weekend as well. Utilize Mac Book via Firewire & Ipad via WiFi. Before the update it was the first input AFTER the FX channels to the FAR RIGHT. I believe it is a glitch in the update or a hidden "switch" in a setup screen.

MacBook Pro (13" Mid 2012)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
8-GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
by lawrencewhite on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:42 pm
No Tape Input or Digital Returns on the RM32ai. Any fixes yet???
by [email protected] on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:33 am
I'm having the same issue... has anyone seen a fix for this yet? Windows 10 UI :reading:
by matthewgorman on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:54 am
What versions of UC Surface and FW for the mixer is everyone on. This issue had been fixed a little bit ago. It is cropping up here and there when there is a firmware mis match. When FW and UCS are a match and it is still happening, loading a zero out scene should bring them back.

There were never gone, just mis labeled.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by basmeijer on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:25 pm
I had problems with the Tape label and also not getting audio in at a gig on one instance. It all solved by getting everything up-to-date. It appeared I had a little older firmware in the RM.

Maybe, being very confident about the importance, it is a good idea to implement something in UC Surface that shows a popup window or message on the loading screen with some information when there is a mismatch between the firmware and the UC Surface software, so issues that are related to this are prevented.
by mattpeterson on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:48 am
Same issue here. I run sound at church and play canned music from the iPad before and after the service. It is a pain without the tape in on the iPad. It used to work until I updated the app. I have two iPads, both with different app versions, that do not have the tape in shown. I will try updating everything to the latest and see if it works.
by matthewgorman on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:55 pm
mattpeterson wroteSame issue here. I run sound at church and play canned music from the iPad before and after the service. It is a pain without the tape in on the iPad. It used to work until I updated the app. I have two iPads, both with different app versions, that do not have the tape in shown. I will try updating everything to the latest and see if it works.

That will definitely cause issues. For anyone else, this issue was fixed in a prior update. If all your FW and app versions are up to date, try loading a zero out scene. It seems that scenes that were saved while the digital and tape returns were named differently will have those incorrect names saved to any scene. A zero out scene will populate the names back.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by xp3085 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:10 am
Hello all. I know I'm a bit late in the game. I need to verify my RM16ai firmware but I am running with a cs18ai board and have yet to fix the tape in issue. Can anybody who has solved this issue give me the firmwares of both the rm16ai and if applicable, the cs18ai?

Thank you!
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:33 am
Hi, and welcome to the Forum. This really is an old thread... ;-) If you're a registered user of mixer and controller, you will find all firmware versions in your PreSonus account. The Series III firmwares are available on the download pages, but this is not the case for previous product generations.

There is a beta firmware available for mixer and controller, which you can find in the Forum. You need to be logged in to see the section "StudioLive AI Public Beta". Unfortunately there are not many CS/RM users active anymore in the PreSonus Forum, so you might want to check these two Facebook groups:

PreSonus RM mixer Owners And Enthusiasts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/469453379887309

Presonus StudioLive Mixer Users
https://www.facebook.com/groups/236075319847351

Here are the links to the download pages for controller and mixer:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... /downloads
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... /downloads

13 posts
Page 1 of 1