Discuss BlueTube and BlueTube DP (1st Gen), Eureka, DigiTube, TubePre, M80, MP20
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was anxious to try out the TubePre V2 to boost my acoustic guitar signal, as well as add some tube warmth to vocals. Wow, what a giant dissapointment! All I got as I turned up the gain was hissing and humming. Just horrible! I had to turn the gain down to 3 to make the signal "OK" not great, but the hissing and hummng was lower. Not gone though, just not "as annoying" But not being able to go past 3 on the gain is unacceptable. It makes barely any difference at all at that level. It doesn't even register on the VU meter it's so weak of a gain increase. I'll tell you what did register on the VU meter....turning up the knob for the so-called "tube" gain. The pot is such junk, that the noise created by just turning the knob sent the VU meter into the clipping level!!! I've had 30 year old amps with scratchy pots, and know how to easily get them to be noise free. It's really very easy. This pot won't cooperate, it's noisy no matter what I do. And the worst part of it is that I cannot tell one bit of a difference in sound with it all the way up or all the way down. The manual claims it can change your signal to "smokin' hot" and it can change your tone from subtle to extreme. Ok, I suppose that it does the subtle part well, very well. It's so subtle I can't even notice anything, at all. And as far as the "extreme", well...maybe the insane sounds from the junky pot is what they meant by extreme. Becasue it sure is. I'm not new to audio gear, and I've spent all day with countless cobinations of cords, amps and instruments with no positive results. It's just beating dead horse at this point. There is nothing I can do to make the sound any better. Oh ya, there was one thing I did that improved the sound dramatically. I put that crappy TubePre back in the box, ready to ship back for a refund. All of the sudden the tone of my guitar was great again, and the unwanted noises magically dissapeared. I've read countless reviews where people say you have to change the tubes because the Chinese tubes they use are noisy. No thanks! I refuse to throw good money after bad on a product that even though it's brand new, I have to replace things just to make it sound how it should right out of the box. That's Presonus' job to put working, good soundng tube in it when it's being made. Not after the consumer buys it. After 27 years of buying and using audio gear, I've yet to encouter that problem. With the exception of buying a drum kit and upgrading the heads, or buying a new guitar and changing strings. But it certainly isn't neccesary to use right way, it's just personal preference. Plus those are wear and tear items that need replacing on a regular basis anyway, and there's no way around that. And that's not even addressing the tube gain knob not even doing anything but creating horrible noise. That being said, if the tube is one of the major sellng points of this POS and it needs to be replaced because the quality is so poor, what other parts in ths unit are just as cheaply made? I'll bet quite a few. I've never bought something new, and told that I need to immediately replace a major part just to get it to do what it is already supposed to do, Hey Presonus, use quality parts and the poor consumers that buy this junk won't have to spend more money replacing parts that you should have used in the first place. Pathetic quaity control. I'll never touch a Presonus product again. It is just a headache. I should have known better....if someone says it "sounds noisy unless you replace the tube" should have been a serious red flag,
Lesson learned. You get what you pay for, sometimes (in this case) much, much less. I wouldn't pay $20 for this. I wouldn't even use it if it was given to me free. It's that bad. Maybe I got a dud? But I am just severely unimpresssed. I'll just run the signal through my mixer with built in preamps and I'll be better off. It keeps my signal crystal clear without all the headaches of trying to get a good sound.out of it. Plug and play. Just like I thought the TubePre would be. Plug and troubleshoot for two solid days with no positive results was my experience with this overpriced paperweight.
Hey Presonus....use quality parts to begin withm and the poor consumers that buy this won't have to replace them with actual quality parts. That is your job. But I guess it isn't? Pass it along to us to take care of.
You can polish a turd, but it's still just a turd,...and I'm done poilishing this turd. . .
by Skip Jones on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:16 pm
Hello, Terrelldunn. Sorry you seem to be having issues, but the first obvious question is did you open a support ticket? If you can PM me that number I can help expedite your issue.

Good day,
Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by terrelldunn on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:07 am
No I did not open a support ticket. I didn't see that option anywhere. I haven't been able to find anything in the forums or FAQs.
I was unable to contact customer support since it was the weekend. What do I do?
by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:15 am
There is a support link at the top right side of every forum page.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Skip Jones on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:46 pm
Thanks, Matt.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by michaelfincham on Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:39 am
Skip Jones wroteHello, Terrelldunn. Sorry you seem to be having issues, but the first obvious question is did you open a support ticket? If you can PM me that number I can help expedite your issue.

Good day,
Skip

The Blue Pre V2 is the worst piece of kit I have ever purchased, I purchased one before Covid Lockdown in the UK, it failed after not even 6 months the bulb on the VU meter went out then a crackling sound kept kreeping in on the unit.

So because of lockdown and I need the mic for my shows I purchased another one and hey presto, within 6 months the light went out with exactly the same crackling issue.

I emailed Presonus and opened a ticket, the inly reply I got back was have I tried changing the Valve.

Well thats it, any studio I walk into has any Presonus kit in it I will U turn and walk out.

Presonus no longer have a place any where near my kit or will ever be used by me again.

They really are a pile of cheap poop and my exeriance with them shows just how poop they are.

Never Ever touch or go near Presonus ever again.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1