Discuss Monitor Station V2 and Monitor Station (Legacy)
Central Station and Central Station Plus
MicroStation BT
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
[audio][/audio]
Hello there friends, recently i bought the Central station plus for my studio and i am having some problems with it.
How can i plug the central station correctly in order to have different mixes in my control room and the live room by using the talkback?
The way i have plugged it now does not allow me to have different mixes to the drummer for example and i am sending him the mix i have in my room. Maybe because i am sending two outputs from my sound card to the central station in main input TRS1. Do i need to use 4 outputs for that and use the TRS1 for me and TRS2 for the purpose i am telling you?
Thank you in advance
by matthewgorman on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:05 am
There is only the ability to have 2 different mixes with the central station. You cant separate the left and right as you can on a traditional interface.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Liquix on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:09 am
matthewgorman wroteThere is only the ability to have 2 different mixes with the central station. You cant separate the left and right as you can on a traditional interface.

Now i have one mix.
I need to know the way for have two different mixes.
One for the control room in order to listen whatever i want to hear and one more mix so i can send it to the musicians in the live room.
by matthewgorman on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:00 am
A couple things to know here. First, the inputs are separated as TRS 1 and TRS 2. The outputs are labeled as Main and Cue.

You need to have the ability from your audio interface to separate out 2 different output streams. If you do not have that, then you can't separate mixes. Any daw that you are using can provide the ability to route anything almost anywhere, but it will be based on the features of your interface. Not knowing what hardware/software, etc you are using limits the help myself or anyone else may be able to provide.

Your original post pretty much lays out how to do it. You take the main output of your interface, and plug in to TRS 1 on the CS. Take a secondary output from your interface, and run that into TRS 2. You then take the cue mix out on the back of the CS, and run that out to the performers, and keep the TRS 1 assigned to the main. Remember, you will only get talkback on the cue mix, not the main.

You can also assign the 2 headphone outs independently for Main or Cue.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Liquix on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:53 pm
This is what i thought so too, but I need to ask before unplug things on my studio. Thanks mate I will try what you told me. Just for the record , I am using protools and I have the Ssl madi ax for I/O. I think I know how to do it now, the problem was on central station because of the talkback. Thanks again

5 posts
Page 1 of 1