StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
[list=][/list]
When using the mono output for a subwoofer can you have an independent mix of say kick and bass guitar to what's assigned to the stereo outputs?

Example,

Say you have kick set to unity and bass at -10db for the mono sub output and then adjust the overall level with the main mono fader.

And through the stereo main out i may want less kick dialed in say around -10db or so just to get a bit of click heard and less bass so that the string sound is more in the mix?
by mamerica on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:40 am
You probably already know this but you could use an Aux Mix for this and have complete control.

RM16AI; StudioLive 16.4.2 AI;
MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Studio One Proffesional; FaderPort
Waves MultiRack
by shaneboaden on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:04 am
Hi,

yes i don know that i usually run my sub off an aux but I wold like to know if the mono output can have a different mix than what is sent to the main stereo outputs?

This way it would free up an aux for something else if need be
by bitonwalstra on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:08 am
using the mono output for Subs makes perfect sense as most (if not all) of the times they are mono anyway

Micro PA;
Apple; MacBook Pro 13", Mid 2010, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb SSD, OS X latest version
Apple; iPad 3, 16Gb, iOS latest version
Asus; S300C Notebook PC, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, Windows 8.1
Studio One; v2, Artist
StudioLive; 16.4.2 (sold)
StudioLive; RM16Ai (returned)
Behringer; X32 Producer (sold)
Behringer; XR18 (ordered)
Electro Voice; ZXA1
Heil Sound; PR22, Handi Mic
Lag; 1984 RockLine Bass
by summitcn on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:29 am
shaneboaden wroteWhen using the mono output for a subwoofer can you have an independent mix of say kick and bass guitar to what's assigned to the stereo outputs?

Yes

Assign all channels to L+R, then Kick and Bass Gtr to L+R and Mono.
by SwitchBack on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:46 am
You do get to choose per channel if you want it in main, mono or both. But that's on/off, no independent channel levels for main and mono.

In many situations that will do. Everything goes to main and only the low end stuff (kick, bass, keys, ...) goes to the subs. Add some hpf/lpf filtering and done. So I'm still hoping for that high-pass filter on main (or to have the mono hpf moved to main) ...
by dangelojohnson1 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:24 am
When i plug my subwoofer (ks118) into mono in Rear of my 16.4.2 how do I then use my 🎚 fader as my control for sub?
by SwitchBack on Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:46 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Your 16.4.2 has a mono sum output, the sum of the main left and right outputs, not an independent mono/center output like the RM32AI or the RM16AI. So the only control you have is the little trim knob on the back of your mixer, to make the mono output level work well with what you connected to the output.

Hope that helps :)

8 posts
Page 1 of 1