7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I currently have a Audiobox 22VSL which I run my mic through with two Presonus Eris E8 speakers hooked into the back. I'm considering getting the Presonus Studio Channel but how would I hook it up and still be able to use everything together?? This will be my first mic pre so I'm kind of new to the whole setup.

Windows 8
AudioBox 22VSL
Studio Channel
Eris E8 (x2)
Studio One 2 Pro 2.6.5
by juli@ on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 am
MIC-XLR IN Presonus Studio Channel,OUT- XLR-JECK IN Audiobox 22VSL.
by HomeTracks on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:25 pm
the 22VSL doesn’t have a LINE input, only mic or instrument. I think you’ll need a LINE-in to accommodate the SC.
by mwright137 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:10 pm
You can do it, just don't run the output on the Studio Channel too hot and keep the gain on the AudioBox relatively low. I use a preamp with my 22VSL all the time...

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by pg87 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:00 pm
Thank all of you for your responses, greatly appreciated.

Windows 8
AudioBox 22VSL
Studio Channel
Eris E8 (x2)
Studio One 2 Pro 2.6.5
by platon10 on Mon May 18, 2015 12:30 pm
Hi All,

I have purchased a Studio Channel Strip, I already have the Studio Live 16.0.2 mixer and was thinking how to hook them up together.

Any help of how to connect best these two?

I preferably want to use them for recording purposes.
I work on ableton.

thx
by frank.crow on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:31 pm
mwright137 wroteYou can do it, just don't run the output on the Studio Channel too hot and keep the gain on the AudioBox relatively low. I use a preamp with my 22VSL all the time...

Right on, I'm in the same boat. This is my first pre as well an running VSL22. If I understand correctly I use the XLR out on the back of the SC and run that to any of the two mic/instrument XLR ins on the VSL? I then can turn down that specific inputs volume and carefully use the volume on the SC instead?

I can leave the VSL master volume the same right? Because I have room correction software that needs that setting not to change.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)