8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just wondering if that was possible and if not, is the only way to bounce 2 tracks into only 1 track by soloing the 2 tracks and rendering the master bus audio?
by davedurr on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 am
niles wroteYou can't route an audio track to an audio track. But you can route audio tracks to a bus and use that bus as an input for an audio track.

I only see Inputs, not buses as options for routing into audio tracks. How do you do it?
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:45 am
The track needs to be stereo that you are routing to. When you configure a new stereo track, at the top of the channel fader lists the inputs, click the black box and select the buss as the input.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Kiwicomposer on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 am
Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 5.46.18 am.png

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by codamedia on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:29 am
matthewgorman wroteThe track needs to be stereo that you are routing to. When you configure a new stereo track, at the top of the channel fader lists the inputs, click the black box and select the buss as the input.

I always record mono tracks so I never knew this was possible. It's so easy to convert a stereo track to mono it's a non-issue. I will keep this in mind for future reference - thanks.

Windows 10 Professional, 8 Gig Ram, Q9300 Intel 2.5G CPU, ATI 5400 Video
Firepod Interface, Studio One Artist (64 bit) V2, M-Audio Axiom 49, FaderPort
by matthewgorman on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 am
Hopefully at some point we get mono busses.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Lawrence on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:05 am
Yeah, mono busses would be nice.

Jeff suggested something long ago that sounds more like a workaround than it is but may be a good solution in some cases. If you have S/PDIF and don't actually use it for anything, just loop it, patch the output back to the input.

That way you can directly realtime record any mono track back to a mono track directly with no conversion. Just don't create a feedback loop if you do that.
by sunmachine on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:20 pm
LMike wroteJeff suggested something long ago that sounds more like a workaround than it is but may be a good solution in some cases. If you have S/PDIF and don't actually use it for anything, just loop it, patch the output back to the input.

That way you can directly realtime record any mono track back to a mono track directly with no conversion. Just don't create a feedback loop if you do that.

With some Audio Interfaces you can even set up an internal loopback routing so you won't need real cables. Have to try this with my Fireface UCX some day. I guess that should work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6PTnFo0cfQ

+1 for mono busses, though. What you already can do now by the way, is to record the output of mono VST Instruments to mono audio tracks.

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!

8 posts
Page 1 of 1