AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
16 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just downloaded the latest driver for my 1818VSL (Presonus_AudioBox_Installer_v1_3_5653.dmg) onto my Mac 10.9.4, now every time I start the VSL software it reports it needs to upgrade the firmware, but keeps failing with error message!
HELP!

P.S. It was working fine just before the new driver installation.

RecordingStudio9.com
StudioLive 16 Ser III | Studio 1824 | Studio Channel Tube PreAmplifier | Studio One V4 Pro | Eris E8 Studio Monitors | i7, 16Gb RAM, Win 10 64Bit
by Vatche on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:24 am
After several attempts, I downloaded the Windows version of the new driver, Installed and connected the 1818VSL. Sure enough the firmware update completed first go and worked fine.

Then I plugged the 1818VSL back to my Mac and it now works fine.

P.S. If you have the same issue, you might see the led meters on the unit all light up and no sound. Make sure the FXA and FXB on the output channels are not selected.

Hope this helps.

RecordingStudio9.com
StudioLive 16 Ser III | Studio 1824 | Studio Channel Tube PreAmplifier | Studio One V4 Pro | Eris E8 Studio Monitors | i7, 16Gb RAM, Win 10 64Bit
by kelleycourville on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:30 pm
Vatche,

Is your Mac usb 3.0?

The new driver does not seem to be working on my late 2013 iMac with usb 3.0, but maybe there is some other issue that I am not aware of.

27" iMac, OS X 10.9.4, 8GB RAM, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
AudioBox 1818 VSL
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Editor, FaderPort, Eris E8 Monitors
by Vatche on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:41 pm
No, it is few years old and I don't think it has USB 3.0

RecordingStudio9.com
by ForumAdmin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:22 pm
We had a problem on the Tuesday morning where the driver download was corrupt. We fixed by mid-day. Please try downloading it again. If you're continuing to have problems, then long a support ticket so one of the support agents here can help resolve it for you.

Links to open a ticket are in my signature.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by Vatche on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 pm
I downloaded about an hour before posting this message on Thursday.

Since I downloaded Windows version and upgraded the firmware, I cannot test it again. But I tried lot of times including turning off the Mac, restart several times, power cycling the 1818VSL etc. Nothing worked. Sorry I did not think of screen capturing the error message.

RecordingStudio9.com
by ForumAdmin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm
The firmware update takes about 2 minutes if you are upgrading from 1.21 or 1.22 driver. If you put it on the PC and successfully updated it, when you load it on the Mac it shouldn't need to do a firmware update again. It should just use the driver that's installed on the system.

If you're having trouble still, please log a support ticket so one of the support guys that work with me can help you.

Forum Admin
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by Vatche on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:34 am
That is what I did. After failure on my Mac, I used my Windows laptop to run the firmware upgrade and then it was fine, since the firmware was already upgraded.
I don't have any issues now.

RecordingStudio9.com
by ForumAdmin on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:52 am
Vatche wroteI don't have any issues now.

That's what we like to hear. Thanks for the update.

Forum Admin
by jastanjo on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 am
I had the same exact issue on my Mac (Macbook Pro mid 2010). Had to do the firmware update on a PC first and after reconnecting the interface to my Mac the VSL works fine. So the Mac installer of the firmware is still not ok.
by Vatche on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:37 pm
Good to know I'm not alone, or done something different.

But, I have not had any issue since the upgrade. :)

RecordingStudio9.com
by parran on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:59 pm
no me funciona con ningun driver ni siquiera con el nuevo error en mi sony vaio usb3.0 alguien que me ayude porfavor....
by Vatche on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:35 pm
Just last night, the issue came back again :(

I'm not sure what was different about last night. No matter what I did, steps I took, restarting my iMac and AudioBox 1818VSL order etc, no go. Every time I chose or edited FX setting, that FX channel would do the same clicking sounds and drive the channel silent.

Please check and resolve my issue.

RecordingStudio9.com
by renatotorres on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:33 pm
well, i have this same isue on my presonus 1818vsl. i've tried to upgrade the firmware into a Windows Sys, but i had pop and noise experiences on my recordings, and then, the issue came back again. i'm trying the technical support, but until now, nothing resolved... nothing left to do? just wait? i'm disappointed
by Vatche on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:02 pm
I have reverted back to version 1.2 and it is all ok on my Mac. I'll wait till it is resolved (IF) in the next release before I upgrade.

RecordingStudio9.com
by tonejunkie99 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:35 pm
The firmware update crashed my 1818vsl also.
It was working fine on windows 8, purchased a new PC with windows 10. Followed all the prompts and got the message. Re booted the unit several times/no success...
And what's bad is it won't even reflash back to my old windows 8 rig... the unit will simply not boot...
anyone have any suggestions???
Kindest Regards
DW

16 posts
Page 1 of 1