18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Create a track using Mai Tai, Drag and Drop Spire, combine instruments, Bug: Spire has a major sound delay.

Studio One 3.0.0.33329 Win x64 Built May 19 2015
Spire VST x64 v1.0.20
Windows 7 x64 Pro SP1, all latest updates as of 24/05/2015
by Toby on Sat May 23, 2015 11:58 am
I've also been having problems with delays with Multi-instruments:

It is very easy to replicate:

1) Add 2 Instruments together to create a multi-instrument
2) Add a simple drumloop or another audio track
3) Add a plugin with latency to the drumloop
4) The multi-instrument now goes out of sync

I've also had problems where only one of the instruments goes out of sync (most likely similar to your issue) are you using any plugins in your project that cause a latency?
by predou on Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 pm
Interesting! Also I accidently moved Spire over Mai Tai in the MultiInstrument view and replaced it. When I pressed undo (CTRL+Z) note changes I made to a track previously went back in history but not my change in MultiInstrument view. Looks like anything you do in this window does not record history.
by Toby on Mon May 25, 2015 3:09 pm
Bump - hoping devs see this
by Olley Ollet on Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 pm
your bumping a bug report to hope devs see it? Dude fill out a bug report to technical support through the account support page..

• Studio One 6.5 (latest version)
• OS X version: 13.0
• Computer: Macbook Pro M2 Max 96GB
by kensherwood on Mon May 25, 2015 5:35 pm
qcoletti1 wrotefill out a bug report to technical support through the account support page

http://www.presonus.com/support/Contact ... al-Support

• Studio One 3.0.0.33329 Professional
• Early 2009 Mac NOT "MAC"* Pro dual 2.26, 16 GB RAM, OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
• Dual Dell 2408WFP (1920x1200 px) monitors
• Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, 6TB SoftRAID array
* https://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/mac.html
by Photontic on Mon May 25, 2015 7:04 pm
I have experienced this as well... The multi instrument (2 Hives and a Nexus 2) in my track seems to be out of sync with the rest. In my case I find it to be a little ahead of everything else. It's hard to really pinpoint, but it just sounds a bit off...

Studio One 4 Professional (64-bit) | Windows 10 Pro (v1903)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC | Audio interface: PreSonus Studio 192
by Toby on Mon May 25, 2015 7:19 pm
qcoletti1 wroteyour bumping a bug report to hope devs see it? Dude fill out a bug report to technical support through the account support page..

Yes, but technical support requested I make a post here for the devs to see and to see if other users are experiencing the same problem.
by Photontic on Mon May 25, 2015 7:58 pm
I actually talked to Matt (from Studio One Expert) about this yesterday, because I just felt something was off in my track and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I suspected the multi instrument as well, since it was the only instance I had of it and everything else was in check. My lead melody (which is using the multi instrument) is sort of tripping over itself, making everything seem weird and out of sync.
I just tried playing the same notes with an instance of Spire and the weird out of sync seems to have gone away by no longer using the multi instrument - now my melody is synced up to the rest of the track.

This is obviously rather unfortunate as the multi instrument is a pretty great tool, just not if it's no longer in sync with the rest of the track. :/

by Photontic on Tue May 26, 2015 5:15 am
I made a post about it with some audio samples here: http://vipermakesmusic.com/2015/05/26/s ... -problems/

Would be interesting to hear back from what other people about what they are hearing in the different audio samples.

by Photontic on Tue May 26, 2015 3:08 pm
PreSonus has reported that they've sent this off to the software guys (not that I think anyone was doubting that wouldn't happen), but never the less: https://twitter.com/PreSonus/status/603214149791789057

by Toby on Tue May 26, 2015 3:16 pm
Thanks for posting that - hoping this is fixed in the next update as it is a really great tool to use.
by Photontic on Tue May 26, 2015 3:22 pm
Toby wroteThanks for posting that - hoping this is fixed in the next update as it is a really great tool to use.

I think this will get a lot of attention from PreSonus, as it's a pretty significant problem with a new core feature. Hopefully it won't be something that's too problematic to fix, but you never know with something as complex as a DAW. ^^

by BassModulators on Wed May 27, 2015 12:26 am
I posted this yesterday in a different thread...

Yeah! Same here... But it's just when I add the Virus... I have a Multi (2 * Serum and 1 * Sylenth1) and one as a new track/layer with Sylenth1 cause the Multi is basically the background layer stuff... Then I drop the Virus TI and the Multi goes out of sync... Then I remove the Virus TI and it stays... The problem is still there...

To test is out, I made a new project the other way around: First the Virus then the Multi... And the same problem starts... Very bad bug!
by Fer2010 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:44 am
Hi all, also having the same timing issues. The Multi Instrument seems to be ahead and needs to be delayed by anywhere between 20 to 100ms to keep it in check.

Weird thing is though, that I've had this in one project where the delay needed was 20ms, another where it was around 100ms or a little over even (unfotunately you can't set the delay to more than 100 on a track) and last but not least, a project where the delay wasn't even there.

I have a small clue as to why these differences occur. It may have something to do with how many other plugins you have running in that projectat the time you load in the Multi Instrument. In a project that already has many plugins running, the delay seems to be more severe than in a clean project with none to very few other plugins running.

Then when after this you lkeep adding other new plugins, the timing of the Multi Instrument will stay straight / the same, but if you'd remove the Multi Instrument and would add this later in a more heavy version of the project, the timing will be off.

This suggests the Multi Instrument is making errors somehow in its latency compensation for all the other stuff that's running in your project at the moment it is loaded. After that it stays pretty much the same as when you loaded it. (The timing issue doesn't get better or worse then)

Make any sense? Hope this will get sorted and fixed soon.

As a side note, in my cases the individual instruments within the Multi Instrument do run fine relative to each other, it's only the complete Multi Instrument in relation to the rest of the project that is off. Again, suggesting something is wrong with the 'container' that holds all the instruments in that Multi Instrument.

Asus X99-A, i7 5820K 6-Core (4.2Ghz With Multiplier), Corsair 32Gb DDR4 RAM (2133 C15), 1 Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD, 2 Samsung 840 PRO 1TB SSD, 2 Samsung 850 EVO 2TB SSD, 2 Western Digital Caviar Black 4 TB HDD, AMD Firepro 2460, Win 7 64 Bit, USB 2.0 + 3.0 Ports, UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe, TC Powercore Express PCIe, Studio One Pro [Latest Update] 64 Bit
by twinsnakes007 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:00 pm
If your theory is correct (about how the MI is calculating its delay compensation based on the VI's that are present in the project at the time of MI creation), then does closing/reopening the Project affect this bug at all?
by BassModulators on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 pm
Nope. Even that doesn't fix it! And it's such a mess that they can't fix this with a quick update... Really bad!
by Photontic on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:23 pm
eckefett wroteNope. Even that doesn't fix it! And it's such a mess that they can't fix this with a quick update... Really bad!

In software development of this magnitude there's no such thing as a "quick update".

You can be sure PreSonus is following up on all the important issues right now and are looking into them (this one for instance is in their issue tracking system). They're going to address the worst ones as quickly as possible, which I'm certain will include this (assuming it's something they can sort out within reasonable time). Then after all the severe issues have been found and fixed, which is harder than it sounds (meaning it takes quite a bit of time), it has to go through QA, meaning it will take even more time, but is required before we can get it.

Patience - PreSonus is on top of it all, I'm sure. It's unfortunate that this issue exists, but that's just how it is with software sometimes - things slip through the testing phase.

18 posts
Page 1 of 1