11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

I have 12 projects that I did in Logic Pro years ago that I would like to import into StudioOne. Anyone have an suggestions or ideas on how to do this?

Thanks,
John Bovinette

John Bovinette
Kings Road Fellowship
by scottyo7 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:03 pm
Here's one...
If you really like and use the keyboard shortcuts in Logic, I know there are Studio One 'mappings' for keyboard shortcuts that you can select for other DAWS you're used to. ;)

I'd think it easy as exporting each track from Logic as a wav then importing it/them to S1?

Search the S1 forums for more info as this has been asked before. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:39 pm
Can you still open them in Logic, or has that ship sailed? Not sure if you would be able to drag the raw files into S1, and fire off "Move to Origin" and have them put in the proper place in the timeline. Don't know enough about Logic to say for sure.

If the Logic ship has sailed, look in to AAtranslator. It converts sessions from one daw to the other, quite well. I use it for PT sessions all the time. There are 2 versions. I think Logic can use the lower cost option. PT of course needs the $200 version. Just another reason to hate PT.

If the Logic ship is still in port, open the songs and export the stems. Then drag the stems into a new S1 song from the browser.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by shanabit on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:04 pm
Exporting the stems is the easiest in this case. Open TL is the closest format they both have but neither is bi directional as far as exporting and importing

StudioOnePro 6.6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.4.1

iMac 2013
by Runaway on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:46 am
shanabit wroteExporting the stems is the easiest in this case. Open TL is the closest format they both have but neither is bi directional as far as exporting and importing

Pretty sure OpenTL was available as an export prior to version 10 of Logic. Stems is always good but if OpenTL is an option I would certainly try that

by shanabit on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:48 am
Runaway wrote
shanabit wroteExporting the stems is the easiest in this case. Open TL is the closest format they both have but neither is bi directional as far as exporting and importing

Pretty sure OpenTL was available as an export prior to version 10 of Logic. Stems is always good but if OpenTL is an option I would certainly try that

Pretty sure I just did an export with Open TL from Logic 9 and Logic X. S1 will not import it or read it. Maybe Im doing it wrong? Ill try again to day to double check

StudioOnePro 6.6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.4.1

iMac 2013
by Runaway on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:06 am
shanabit wrotePretty sure I just did an export with Open TL from Logic 9 and Logic X. S1 will not import it or read it. Maybe Im doing it wrong? Ill try again to day to double check

It's a while since I had to deal with anything as illogical as Logic's export efforts. I would have to look through my notes but I do recall seeing OpenTL files from Logic which had no carriage returns or line feeds. AATranslator is able to deal with these but it may well be that S1, understandably, cannot.

Feel free to email me a .tl file (info at aatranslator dot com dot au) and I will check it out for you

by shanabit on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:41 pm
Runaway wrote
shanabit wrotePretty sure I just did an export with Open TL from Logic 9 and Logic X. S1 will not import it or read it. Maybe Im doing it wrong? Ill try again to day to double check

It's a while since I had to deal with anything as illogical as Logic's export efforts. I would have to look through my notes but I do recall seeing OpenTL files from Logic which had no carriage returns or line feeds. AATranslator is able to deal with these but it may well be that S1, understandably, cannot.

Feel free to email me a .tl file (info at aatranslator dot com dot au) and I will check it out for you

Ive been messing with this for an hour. Saved projects in Logic 9 Open TL AAF, FinalCut/XML. Logic X AAF, Final Cut XML. No go, errors when trying to get S1 to read it. I could get the track listing with Open TL but the audio tracks won't import with it. Unless its a two step process?

Either way, Im done trying, total PITA. Exporting the audio files is the easiest way period

StudioOnePro 6.6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.4.1

iMac 2013
by Runaway on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:44 pm
And to think that every one of those formats has a freely available specification and yet the two DAWs don't talk to each other.
I guess that is just one of the reasons for building AATranslator ;-)

by jbovinette on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:43 am
Thank you all for the suggestions. I could get Logic back up and running again but really wouldn't like to. I am going to go back through these songs and remix and master them. I might try takings all the audio files and placing them into S1 and see what happens.

John Bovinette

John Bovinette
Kings Road Fellowship
by philipnwanz on Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:46 am
Download your compressed logic file, open it and go to the folder called audio and open those files with audacity or wave editor then save it separately, and then import to studio one daw or any daw of any kind. This makes it easier, from there you arrange your track in order which it was.

11 posts
Page 1 of 1