Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
The USB jack on the CS18AI is for firmware updates. We believe it can also be used with an approved Wi-Fi dongle for wireless control (no audio) but this hasn't been tested yet and so it's not officially supported until we're able to test the functionality.

The USB can not be used for audio or control connection to a computer.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by kennyasalee on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:00 pm
just to clarify with the wifi dongle, you are saying there is a possibility that the CS18AI be a FOH wireless controller (excluding the need for the 100 foot cat5 cable, audio networking, and avb switch), the unit can simply act akin to a wireless device (ipad, pc tablet, laptop etc) that is running on uc surface?

if so, thats freakin awesome! oh i'm just thinking ahead of the game if the wireless capabilities can also control StudioOne DAW as well! now that will be nice! or have uc surface control DAW! oh boy im getting too excited here!

Presonus StudioLive RM32AI
Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
IMac Yosemite
MacBook Pro. Yosemite
IPad2
Presonus Studio Channel PreAmp

Kenny Lee
Sound Engineer RiverLife Church MN
by mwright137 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:15 pm
He said it needs testing, but I'd assume that means if it passes testing it would be supported. AVB is not required for control - only for audio. So it sounds like if it passes testing you could use the CS18AI in place of or in tandem with an iPad/control computer.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by basmeijer on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:46 am
On the side: Interesting to see people getting excited about getting the CS wireless, where I rather welcome the much more reliable wired connection. First I was also thinking how great wireless would be to control from FOH but I have had thát many problems with the wireless connectivity that I will release a big sigh that I can always rely on a wired connection once this product is finally here (and in my eager hands).

I know that this could be done with a Windows based touchscreen computer but I prefer to have faders, buttons and pot-encoders instead of sticky hard-to-see-what-you-are-doing-at-bright-daylight-touchscreens.
by summitcn on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:20 pm
basmeijer wroteOn the side: Interesting to see people getting excited about getting the CS wireless, where I rather welcome the much more reliable wired connection

Agree fully. I actually had a job in a school where their onsite wifi saw my wireless router as a threat and flooded it with disconnect requests every time I tried to connect to it. This prevented me from using wireless to control my mixer. Not that this kind of thing happens often... :D

-Scott
by mwright137 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:26 pm
Oh I'll be wired whenever possible. 2.4GHz sucks in almost every venue I do sound at. Line 6 wireless using the same band doesn't help.

Unless they upgrade to a USB dongle that supports 5GHz, I'll be wired all the way. I'll be using the headphone out anyway and I think you'll need AVB to get any audio.

AVB does not support WiFi.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by christhomas15 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:52 am
stingray1122 wroteThe USB jack on the CS18AI is for firmware updates. We believe it can also be used with an approved Wi-Fi dongle for wireless control (no audio) but this hasn't been tested yet and so it's not officially supported until we're able to test the functionality.

The USB can not be used for audio or control connection to a computer.

I know the cs18ai is discontinued. Here is an idea what if UCNET could be used as a VST or a bridge for the cs18ai with mapping. That could possibly solve the Hui support. Which I already know the cs18ai will probably never get daw support. Just a thought

Presonus Audiobox USB
Presonus Studio1810
presonus Atom
StudioLive CS18AI
Presonus SW5E
Studio one artist
Studio one 4 Professional
Behringer BCF2000
Reason 10
M Audio Keyrig49
M Audio AV40
Presonus Eris E5
Presonus Temblor T10
Akai XR20
CAD Audio GXL 2200
Shure SRH 840
EX 29 Extreme Isolation
OS Windows 10
24Gb Ram
Amd 8320
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro +
by romansavrulin on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:03 pm
You can use cheap REALTEK RTL8188CUS USB adapters from Aliexpress to work on both CS18AI and RM mixers. Tested, working. A combination of 2 adapters (one on RM, one on CS18AI) and an ethernet cable between them works great too

8 posts
Page 1 of 1