StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 5 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14
Dale Christenson wroteI have asked before: Make the ability to see either inputs or outputs on the levels of channels on surface. Like on the consoles.

+1 Absolutely! A must have option when balancing a mix.

Would like to see which meter mode is selected at all times.
by jonathanoh on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:17 am
It will be nice if all the mix output faders can be located in a single window and if their fader positions can be locked with respect to one another.

I use some of the mix outputs to manage auxiliary speakers and it will be great if I could raise or lower their volumes as a group on-the-fly: something I have missed when giving up my old mixer.
by basmeijer on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 am
So basically you would like to DCA control these Mix output faders.
by pomeu on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:25 am
epeterso wrote
mcoull wrote
dougwatson wroteI ran into an issue over the weekend where I changing a bunch of channels from Analog input to Firewire input and that process in UC Surface got old real fast. On my old 24.4.2, it was a simple one finger swipe all the across the board on the firewire input source buttons... Boom and in less than a second all 24 could be switched to analog or digital. How about a simple way to apply a mass change such as this? It took me nearly two minutes to switch a little over half of the inputs from Analog to Firewire source...

Thanks!

YES YES YES! Switching 32 channels from Analog to Firewire is a huge waste of time. I created a black preset to easily switch over when starting a new session, but if I'm already working on a mix it doesn't work. A way to switch all channels from one to the other would be fantastic!

Great Idea!

Just thinking out loud here ... One thing that might be cool would be MACROS that you could bind to a named button in a set of buttons like the mute groups. Basically, you'd hit a macro record button and then perform your GUI actions like setting the inputs to Firewire, then you'd stop recording and name the button "All Firewire In", you could do the same to get back to Analog Inputs and name it "All Analog In".

One more requesting for this feature. An easy way to change Analogue Inputs to FW Inputs through some keyboard shortcuts or like previous versions where you just slided through all "FW" buttons in seconds.
by stevefurniss on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:30 am
Channel insert and delete function would be handy. In addition to the parameter copy and paste functions already present in the mixer, how about being able to insert a "new" blank channel? This would shift all higher channels up by one (moving ALL parameters and settings for each - including pre-amp gain) making space for the inserted channel. Conversely, a delete function which would do the reverse.

When working with many different venues and band configurations, this would be great for setting up new mixes.
by basmeijer on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:12 pm
I very much like the previous request. In addition to the insert/delete functionality I would also love it to move a specific channel somewhere else, to be able to fully rearrange the channels.

I would to add some other things.

Scrolling optionally
What happens quite a lot is that I not able to move a fader sometimes because I am scrolling left/right at the same time. I would rather not scroll at all this way. I am only scrolling with the bar below the channels anyway because it is a bit scary to grab and accidently change something else in the mix. If you are scrolling a lot the chance to so this is pretty high and it is pretty noticable in a when something vital goes completely up or down big hall.
The solution could be to add a option in the setup page to disengage the scrolling of the UC or globally.

Trackpad response
Moving a fader up/down with the trackpad and two fingers can be improved quite a bit. Remove the memory/after-rolling effect of the quick move. A bit more accuracy.
Also the scrolling from left to right of the fader back using the trackpad with two fingers, it goes way to quick now.
by mamerica on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:05 pm
I just finished reading the manual and I have a couple of thoughts. This may have already been suggested. I didn't read all five pages of feature suggestions posted before this so my appologies if it's already on the list.

I think it would be helpful to be able to name the mute groups and quick scene buttons. Things like "All except MC" or "The GodAwful Band", whatever.

RM16AI; StudioLive 16.4.2 AI;
MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Studio One Proffesional; FaderPort
Waves MultiRack
by mwright137 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:01 pm
Yes, it has been requested. But your post is like a "+1".

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by mamerica on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:44 pm
Route the Solo Buss to the Mono Output for the Engineer's Wedge. (Or IEMs)

MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Waves MultiRack
by djangob on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:20 pm
Under Device Settings > Device Permisions
  1. Mix bus assignment Aux # should also include the Mix Name
  2. All devices that have ever had permissions set should be listed not just the active ones, active can display bold
  3. Devices should default to no permissions, not wide open like it is currently on RM
Last edited by djangob on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StudioLive 32R; StudioLive 16R; Faderport 8; SW5E; Earmix16m; AR12; MacBook Pro 16” retina; MacMini (2020) MacMini (late 2014); OS X 10.15 ; AudioBox iTwo. Studio One 5 Professional ; Capture 3
by mamerica on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:02 pm
Link Mono/Master Faders or Mono Follows Main
That way, when running delay speakers, one fader will control them all.
Also, we really need delay on the mono out. I can't think of a single reason to delay an aux.

MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Waves MultiRack
by djangob on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:21 pm
Display important network values and allow editing under Mixer Settings in a Network tab, just like any other device on a network
  1. Display current assigned network DHCP IP
  2. Allow changing from DHCP to manual setting of IP, router, subnet mask, DHCP ClientID
  3. Display MAC address
  4. Change the mixer device name (currently ‘StudioLive RM32 AI’ )
  5. Select/shutdown Wifi or Ethernet interface
  6. Some indication that you have NOT ACQUIRED AN IP and require a reboot
Last edited by djangob on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StudioLive 32R; StudioLive 16R; Faderport 8; SW5E; Earmix16m; AR12; MacBook Pro 16” retina; MacMini (2020) MacMini (late 2014); OS X 10.15 ; AudioBox iTwo. Studio One 5 Professional ; Capture 3
by garylordjohns on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:14 pm
When muting an Aux channel, would be great to gray out, or frame, or color change it in the info bar when the channel has been muted.
by basmeijer on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:38 pm
mamerica wroteLink Mono/Master Faders or Mono Follows Main
That way, when running delay speakers, one fader will control them all.
Also, we really need delay on the mono out. I can't think of a single reason to delay an aux.

I used the delayable auxes, which are 13-16, as a linked pair before to connect delayed speakers like in a long venue with speakers halfways.
It is a bit of a time consuming hassle to arrange a connection like this when you want the same mix on these speakers as the main speakers, if you have many channels in use. The only benifit is that you can change the mix a bit to compensate the fill created by e.g. loud acoustic instruments like drums and horns. But if you do not have the time to do all that it would be great to have it simple and create a setup where a frontfill and delayed rear speaker can be easily linked with the main fader.
Because the other downside with the auxes to use as FOH speaker groups is that they do not follow eachother. You sometimes have to guess the volume change between them. That could be solved by DCA, but lnot like the way it is currently.
by mamerica on Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:42 pm
One thing that is really handy for monitor engineers is an option to have the solo bus follow the select button. Whenever someone asks for a change in their monitor, I typically select their aux, then the solo button before I make the change (in order to hear what I'm doing). Some mixers I have worked with in the past have this option. It might not seem like a big deal but when you are doing it for 14 hours, any shortcut is appreciated.

MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Waves MultiRack
by felcione on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:46 am
Could be very good to hear the GEQ changes through the SOLO bus, ex. when I listen the AFL of an aux mix, actually you can't, you can hear the result only at the phisical out.

Also have an XLR OUT dedicated for the SOLO, assignable ( may be the mono bus, or one of the 16 aux or L-R), useful when the mixer works as stage monitor mixer....to connect a wedge monitor for reference.
Actually you can hear the solo only through the phones jack...

Metering could be improved, selectable pre or post (ALSO FOR MASTER!!!!!), and indication of PEAK!!! expecially for outputs...
Sometimes you can hear distortion, but you don't see nothing that indicates it!!!

Finally could be useful to have the possibility to select indipendently pfl and afl solo for inputs and outputs.

Thanks for listen us and for working to this!!!!
by mamerica on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:50 am
++1 On the Network and WiFi Info/Options

MacBook Pro; MacMini;
Waves MultiRack
by seanbrown2 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:37 pm
djangob wroteDisplay important network values and allow editing under Mixer Settings in a Network tab, just like any other device on a network
  1. Display current assigned network DHCP IP
  2. Allow changing from DHCP to manual setting of IP, router, subnet mask, DHCP ClientID
  3. Display MAC address
  4. Change the mixer device name (currently ‘StudioLive RM32 AI’ )
  5. Select/shutdown Wifi or Ethernet interface
  6. Some indication that you have NOT ACQUIRED AN IP and require a reboot

+++1

Last year traded up my 3 firepod pod chain for a RM32AI. just added CS18AI And I am LOVING IT!. The Home Studio set up. Home built. Amd fx 8350 8 core 4400 Mhz liquid cooled. Asus M5A99X-EVO R2 MotherBoard, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz Ram, 120 GB Intel SSD , 1TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST NAS HDD, 500 GB Seagate HDD. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, SiiG DP FireWire 800 3 port PCIe card, tripple monitors 27 inch Asus Monitor / 2 24 Asus inch monitors , Studio one 3 pro, RM32Ai firewire to pc, QSC RMX 2450, RMX 1450, RMX 850. Furman RP-8D power conditioner. Audix Microphones. PDP Platinum Series Drums
by uyungletter on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:14 pm
scottyltb wroteI would really like some equalization on the tape input. thanks

Yup,... me too :D
by uyungletter on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:16 am
Fat channel A for FOH via main output, Fat Channel B for Monitor via Aux 1-12, Can it in next update?,....... maybe gain splitter on it ? :D :+1

265 postsPage 5 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14