6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello!
I hope I am posting this in the right place. I couldn't find an answer in the forums. I've been using Studio One for about 4 years now, and it's my go-to program for recording, editing, and mastering. It's rare that I come across something that I want to do in S1 but am unable. I think I found something though - I built a software synth with ReWire capabilities. My synth also works as a sampler, I can record from audio inputs into buffers, and then playback those buffers, loop them, reverse them, or whatever. If I run my synth in S1 through ReWire, I can't find any way to route my audio inputs into the synth, as the synth is on an instrument track which only accepts MIDI controls. When I use the synth outside S1, I just set the audio device to my interface (EIE Pro) and its good to go. But if I want to use the synth in S1 (so I can make use of automation, etc.) I can't access the audio interface from the synth directly, and I can't figure out any way to route audio inputs to a MIDI track. Does anyone know of a way to make this work?
by jpettit on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 pm
Here is a signal flow diagram for you to study.
viewtopic.php?f=152&t=35

Rewire instruments can be used as an input to S1 but currently not as an output from S1

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Tacman7 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:44 am
You want to trigger a synth with an audio track?

Not sure how that would work.

If you had an audio track you could convert it to midi with melodyne.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by mwright137 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:48 am
I trigger Impact with drums all the time...

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Tacman7 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 am
Midi drums or mics on drums?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by matthewgorman on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:17 am
You can either use the gate to trigger per track, or detect transients and drag then to a new instrument track to trigger.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1