7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to enter hard spaces in Notion 5? I'm scoring a chant that has multiple words and/or syllables sung to one repeated pitch. When I enter a space, Notion automatically advances to the next pitch.
by martinkutschker on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:38 am
Do you mean something like that?

MusicXML - elision

Masi
by gregwilliams4 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:43 am
Yes...but can I use MusicXML code in Notation? Or would I need to export my .notation file to MusicXML, make edits using a MusicXML editor, and re-import to Notation?
by martinkutschker on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:09 pm
Try these unicode characters instead of a normal space:

" " 00A0 non breaking space
"‿" 203F entikon
"␣" 2423 blank symbol

Masi
by gregwilliams4 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:00 pm
Is it possible to enter Unicode text using the lyrics tool in Notion 5? Is it dependent upon the font I'm using? Is there a recommended font that has letters and the unicode symbols for non-breaking space, entikon, and blank symbol? I couldn't find anything about how to do this in the user guide or by searching these discussion boards. Thanks for helping this newbie along!
by martinkutschker on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:23 pm
Simply copy and paste the characters from my post. Or use a tool like the character map on Windows. Likewise many (text) editors allow you to enter Unicode characters by using their number.

Anyway just because they are called Unicode numbers they are not special in any way. On a modern system all characters are Unicode characters. Only their number (the codepoint) is bigger than plain old ASCII (up to 255).

As for the fonts, why don't you try them out? A non-breaking space is always included and the other two probably not.

Masi
by themaartian on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:42 pm
If you are on Windows, you can enter the non-breaking space character via the keyboard (Alt+0160; hold down the Alt key and press 0 1 6 0 on the numeric keypad).

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro

7 posts
Page 1 of 1