8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just picked up a new tablet and downloaded the remote app only to find that it is not compatible with my Studio One version 5. Is there any way to get the old remote app file? The whole reason I bought the tablet was to run the remote app.
Last edited by rodshort on Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Vocalpoint on Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:00 am
rodshort wroteI just picked up a new tablet and downloaded the remote app only to find that it is not compatible with my Studio One version 5. Is there any way to get the old remote app file? The whole reason I bought the tablet was to run the remote app.

Presonus does not control the App Store (assuming that is where you got the Remote App) or the versioning that occurs out there.

That said - here is the system requirements (from Presonus):

https://legacy.presonus.com/products/St ... tech-specs

And from the App Store:

REQUIREMENTS:

Studio One Remote works with Studio One 3 Professional version 3.0.1 or newer and Studio One 5 Artist or newer. Requires fourth-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini and iOS 10 or later.

Judging by what I read here - Studio One v5 should be good to go?

How exactly are you concluding that the app is not compatible?

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by AAV on Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:35 am
Vocalpoint wroteThat said - here is the system requirements (from Presonus):

https://legacy.presonus.com/products/St ... tech-specs

And from the App Store:

REQUIREMENTS:

Studio One Remote works with Studio One 3 Professional version 3.0.1 or newer and Studio One 5 Artist or newer. Requires fourth-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini and iOS 10 or later.

Judging by what I read here - Studio One v5 should be good to go?

How exactly are you concluding that the app is not compatible?

VP

For Android tablets it's Android 6 and up

Studio One 6.6 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 23H2
by Vocalpoint on Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:10 am
AAV wroteFor Android tablets it's Android 6 and up

True dat.

But the OP seems to be pointing toward his version of S1 not playing nice - not the tablet itself.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by rodshort on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:01 pm
My tablet says it is running Android 13. The Presonus page says there are no installers available for Android 13.However, in computer requirements it says Android 6 or later.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Vocalpoint on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:06 pm
rodshort wroteMy tablet says it is running Android 13. The Presonus page says there are no installers available for Android 13.However, in computer requirements it says Android 6 or later.

You are definitely good to go.

But your download comes from the Google Play store - not the Presonus site:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_CA&gl=US

VP

by rodshort on Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 pm
OK, I was initially trying it out using S1 on my laptop and, it would not work. Now I tried it using S1 on my main studio computer and it works fine! Not sure why it doesn't work on my laptop but, it's not a big deal. I doubt I would ever need to use it there anyway. So, yeah, it's working where I actually need it to! Thanks everyone for the replies/help!

by Vocalpoint on Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:13 pm
rodshort wroteOK, I was initially trying it out using S1 on my laptop and, it would not work. Now I tried it using S1 on my main studio computer and it works fine! Not sure why it doesn't work on my laptop but, it's not a big deal. I doubt I would ever need to use it there anyway. So, yeah, it's working where I actually need it to! Thanks everyone for the replies/help!

Could be because of Wi-Fi on a typical laptop.

I have only ever used it with a LAN connection, and it is always rock solid.

VP

8 posts
Page 1 of 1