6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm still not sure which algorithm to choose for audio bended (bent?) material, it auto defaults to audiobend mode if you quantise any markers, but I also have some luck with the individual settings. Is this like Pro Tools where you have realtime and offline modes, where the forth mode is the best or are the elastique algorithms actually better quality than audio bend? I've notived material reacts differently depending on the setting too, like audiobend vs drums on a drum group is less sensitive to weird markers.
by jpettit on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:38 am
Yes there are different algorithms. They are available in the inspector.
S1 uses V-plane's elastique software. ( the best IMHO)
It is all in real-time ( no off line vs online)

See descriptions for best usage.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by talanarney on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:56 am
Experimenting today, I've notcied that drums catches some really bad glitches that AudioBend doesn't, audiobend seems to work okay over them but Drums mode just goes choppy and funny, any ideas why? Who makes Audiobend? The manual says Audiobend is for audio bent material, then what would the other modes be for?
by jpettit on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 pm
talanarney wroteExperimenting today, I've notcied that drums catches some really bad glitches that AudioBend doesn't, audiobend seems to work okay over them but Drums mode just goes choppy and funny, any ideas why? Who makes Audiobend? The manual says Audiobend is for audio bent material, then what would the other modes be for?

Audio Bend is just an average over all algorithm of Elastique. ( and the default)
The are all the same software.

Depending on your drum sound and the accuracy of how you are detecting the transients will make a difference.
The Drum algorithm and somewhat the audio bend tries to not stretch the attach of the drum but only sustain out the repeatable sustain sound of the drum.

All the logic is dependent on where the transients land.
Note you can also use the quantize toolbar to split drum hits and quantize based on event starts ( thus no stretching for drums)

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by talanarney on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:32 pm
jpettit wroteAll the logic is dependent on where the transients land.
Note you can also use the quantize toolbar to split drum hits and quantize based on event starts ( thus no stretching for drums)

Is this the slice method you are referring to?

Audio Bend is just an average over all algorithm of Elastique.

Where is this documented? I'm quite interested in whereabouts this is referred to as it could have been useful to know. I wonder why drum sounded so much worse than Audio Bend did?
by jpettit on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Transient Toolbar
Quantize toolbar

If you have not already I offer over an hour of advance training on Audio Timing Tools
https://www.youtube.com/user/jpettit123

I typically always use Audio Bend algorithm. I woould only change it if I was quantizing a lead vocal or something that needed a different approach. I don't know why it worked better for you on a particular drum. Maybe play with one drum hit and try the different algorithms along with transients that are fine tuned to just the attack of every drum.
Check out Zplane for more data. The author has written a book on the detection processes.
http://www.zplane.de/index.php?page=des ... -elastique

FYI Zplanes Elastique Pro is also used by Studio One, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Reaper and dozen of others. not sure abut Logic. Sonar does not use it. They use iZotope.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1