Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
hi i would like to know if your subs were designed for outdoor applications , because i have purchased a pair of the subs but im not getting or feeling the presence of the sub at all when i set them up to use outdoors i mostly play heavy soca , and reggae music and im not getting that presence of that low frequency response at all indoors is extreemly great and i dont have a issue indoors but outside is where the problem is ................... what am i doing wrong

thanks for a speedy response 
by klarkkentster on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:24 pm
Add more subs....

Sub to main ratio outdoor to indoor is completely different.

Kent from Bremerton, Wa.

Studio 1 Artist, Ableton Live 9 Suite, Logic Pro, MainStage, Mac Mini, MBP 2012, MBP 2014
Studio Live 16.4.2, Rm16AI, QSC k12's, Ksub, Drive Rack PX, Voice Live 3, Taylor 414, Variax GTR
by passolutions on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 pm
well if i use two yorkville ls 801 there is a huge diffrence with those far less if u use one of them outside so .......... is there a problem with the design of the presonus subs ........ just asking .....?
by dlovrien on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:38 pm
The Yorkville LS801p is a horn-loaded sub and the 18sAI is ported (or vented). These have different characteristics. The 18sAI goes lower (29Hz vs. 45Hz for the Yorkville), but horn-loaded subs often give more "thump" when reproducing dance music. The LS801p (per specs) is louder (140 dB vs. 135 for the 18sAI) and uses more power (1500w vs. 1000w).

Ultimately it is a matter of preference depending on the type of music and the sound you want.
by passolutions on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:29 am
all i hoped for ,is that the presonus sub would have been louder on th ouside thats all .inside its perfect no issues at all . just wanted to " feel" or at least hear the pressence of the sub on the outside .that is what i was expecting or hoped for

I honestly think that presonus should re design the 18sAi into a horn loaded sub or something like that . because using it as it is it cant perform as one would imagine or hope for when used on the outside . The tops are way too powerfull which i love but the subs needs to be applicable to indoor and outdoor applications
by mwright137 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:39 pm
As mentioned earlier, outside you basically would use twice as many subs. You don't get the benefit the walls give you inside.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website

6 posts
Page 1 of 1