6 posts
Page 1 of 1
On Pro Tools, you can select a range and delete the warp markers in the range, as long as the warp tool is chosen, on Studio One, all I seem to be able to do is double click markers, but I have, like, 100 to get rid of, and I cant split and remove without all of my bend markers getting removed. Any tricks?
by talanarney on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 am
Seemingly, detect transients is the only function that independently restores timing on a split event without affecting the other sections?
by Lawrence on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:48 am
When you're using the Bend Marker tool you can drag select random groups of Bend Markers by using the ALT (or OPT on Mac I suppose) modifier. I would normally say...

"Look at the manual. 6.9 Transient Detection and Editing"

... in cases like this but there may be an error in the manual there, not sure, but it says to use SHIFT...

Multiple Bend Markers can be selected and edited at once with the Bend tool by holding Shift, clicking-and-dragging to select the Bend Markers, and then performing the desired edits.

... but for me it's actually ALT ... and SHIFT would be added to it to select non-contiguous groups of markers, to add to the selection, but there may be another tool context where SHIFT does that, selects bend markers, not sure.

Hope that helps.
by talanarney on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:22 pm
Thanks, I'll try ALT, and yes, I did look thoroughly through the manual, but with ALT, you still have to click on each marker individually, I was hoping you'd be able to use the range tool to select the start and end of the sequence of markers you want to remove. Sometimes, I may have 50-100 marks I have decided to remove after doing a considerable amount of bending, and it would be painfully laborious to click on each one and remove it. So far, splitting and redetecting is the only way I've found that removes the timing but keeps the other non-split section of an event intact. There must be an alternative to this?
by Lawrence on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:28 pm
talanarney wroteThanks, I'll try ALT, and yes, I did look thoroughly through the manual, but with ALT, you still have to click on each marker individually,

No, the ALT modifier turns the Bend tool into a range selection tool for Bend Markers. Just drag it over the clip (or across multiple clips and tracks) to select multiple markers, and add Shift to make multiple disconnected selections...

Hope that helps.
by talanarney on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:15 am
LMike wrote
talanarney wroteThanks, I'll try ALT, and yes, I did look thoroughly through the manual, but with ALT, you still have to click on each marker individually,

No, the ALT modifier turns the Bend tool into a range selection tool for Bend Markers. Just drag it over the clip (or across multiple clips and tracks) to select multiple markers, and add Shift to make multiple disconnected selections...

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that really helps select and delete them. Now, how do I re-analyse and quantise markers on this range? I'd like to now apply bend markers to this range as 16th 60% shuffle rather than straight time, but when I reanalyse it just reanalyses the markers for my other areas and when i apply quantise it does strange things to the rest of the clips.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1