9 posts
Page 1 of 1
StudioOne Producer and Audiobox 44VSL keeps failing miserably to recognize my workstation MIDI inputs via Audiobox MIDI in channel. It is so frustrating that I quit reconnecting my workstations every time I restart StudioOne. It seems to be working ok with bare USB controllers such as M-Audio keystation.

But when I connect my old but gold Yamaha 9000 it fails 90 percent of the time. There is no standard soundcard behavior and DAW behavior so I cannot pinpoint what is the root cause.
The only way it works is if i keep switching the Audiobox power on and off until it decides to recognize midi but this is so random that I have to laugh and curse the day that the salesguy insisted that this is a good soundcard.

Even worse Korg M3 is not recognized and I have not tried a long ago to reconnect because I want to keep sane.

And yes I have all the latest drivers for all hardware involved, PC Drivers, updated and licensed Producer Edition software, Keyboard Workstation upgrades and MIDI drivers and Soundcard drivers.

Let alone the fact that t first Audiobox gave me a lot of hissing noise and clicks but not lately. But thats another story,,,

Even today when my PC reads from my external HD, Sound quality gets distorted due to poor USB performance.

Really guys over there at Presonus how do you compensate my lost time trying to troubleshoot MIDI connection with a soundcard that refuses to recognize MIDI input.

I am disappointed and want to work with MIDI but all I get everytime I restart Studio One is MIDI trouble.
im tired of this and hope someone comes in with really expert advice on how this could be solved.
by roblof on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:41 pm
There is an issue with the windows os that it only allow for a certain number of registered midi devices.

The problem escalates due to the fact that if you plug your usb midi device into another port it will register as a different device.

Here is one link explaining the issue:
http://www.gerenm.net/2011/03/31/didja- ... di-devices

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by FinalSaga on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:50 pm
Hey Meniossymeon

How do you have t he keys hooked up?

Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
:)
by meniossymeon on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:22 am
@ FinalSaga Two MIDI (IN-OUT) cables from the back of the workstation to the back of the AudioBox, and yes I know the correct way to connect them. On Ableton Live, the DAW sends back to my PSR 9000 keyboard a signal that is translated as sound.

Have the MIDI standards changed that much between 2000 and 2010?
by meniossymeon on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 am
@roblof Thanks for the heads up, the pdf paper instructions seem worth trying out.
I will follow through and will update if I get lucky.
by FinalSaga on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:16 pm
Hey Meniossymeon

I was mostly wondering if you had them both connected at the same time and such
I do have an old PSR9000 as well, but hardly use it it for midi
I tend to use my Korg Krome since it's so light compared heheh and is running midi
through USB instead
This is why I am thinking about your M3 - I would definitely use the M3 through the USB
instead. Tends to work better and is more steady

Ch33rs
Saga

Edit: of course using the newest midi drivers from Korg
Newest ones are from 2/13/14

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by meniossymeon on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:43 pm
Hej Saga )
No I usually have one or the other. Of course I agree with using the M3 for most tasks but im trying the get all the juice that I can out of the 9000. Connecting via USB is always an option but it eats up one precious USB port on my PC, something that AudioBox 44VSL should accommodate via MIDI cables. Its been a long time since I tried connecting my M3, perhaps when I feel I have enough patience to troubleshoot again.
by meniossymeon on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:50 pm
Quick update, Im also running MIDISport M-Audio drivers applied on an extra pair of USB to MIDI cables that I tried on AudioBox inputs. My guess is that too many MIDI drivers blow the PC away.
I will follow roblofs link and will update here
by FinalSaga on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:24 pm
Hey again

I read the other day the the yamaha don't like midi 'hubs' I am desperately trying to find
it again ... without luck
It was a thraed from 2009
Try skipping the m-audio one and go from there
Also make sure the midi switch on the back of the psr is right (midi) all left heheh

Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

9 posts
Page 1 of 1