8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am adding an AKAI MPK61 to my hardware configuration. I have connected it to the Audiobox Studio using a pair of MIDI cables, and the sounds generated by the kybd are audible, passing through the system to the monitor speakers connected to the Audiobos. But I cannot get the Artist 2 software to record the MIDI signal. I am a novice at this activity, and frequently find myself not understanding seemingly fundamental terminology in the instructions associated with the Audiobox. Can someone outline the basic connection requirements and process? Thanks.
by cristofe on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:41 am
You might find this useful:

http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1494

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by sandkastle on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:21 pm
I really appreciate the quick reply. I started down the instructions and things went well at first, but when I get to the middle of step 4 "Another window will appear. Choose New Instrument in the list to the left and set the Device Name to MPC Renaissance, MIDI Channels to All, Receive From to MPC Public, and Send To MPC Public" I do not find "MPC Public" as a menu choice. Instead I am shown these choices:
"None",
"AKAI MPK61",
MIDIIN2 (AKAI MPK61),
MIDIIN3 (AKAI MPK61), and finally
"Audiobox".
I could not manually enter the 'MPC Public' choice. I selected Audiobox with no success. How can I find the MPC Public option?
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:50 pm
sandkastle wroteI really appreciate the quick reply. I started down the instructions and things went well at first, but when I get to the middle of step 4 "Another window will appear. Choose New Instrument in the list to the left and set the Device Name to MPC Renaissance, MIDI Channels to All, Receive From to MPC Public, and Send To MPC Public" I do not find "MPC Public" as a menu choice. Instead I am shown these choices:
"None",
"AKAI MPK61",
MIDIIN2 (AKAI MPK61),
MIDIIN3 (AKAI MPK61), and finally
"Audiobox".
I could not manually enter the 'MPC Public' choice. I selected Audiobox with no success. How can I find the MPC Public option?

Your first post said that you were connecting the keyboard to the Audiobox. If that's still the case, the the in/out routing for the instrument would be audiobox. Then make sure that there is an instrument track open in S1 (something like presence), and make sure that the new keyboard is selected as the input instrument. Should be good to go from there.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:51 pm
I'm also going to move this thread to the S1 forums where we may get some more attention.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by sandkastle on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 pm
I change the in and out to Audiobox. When I launch StudioOne, in the long list of features being opened, I get a red indicator and a message (15.36.09) that Audiobox for USB "failed to open".
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 pm
Is it connected? It must be connected to the same usb port you used on initial installation. They are port specific.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by sandkastle on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:02 pm
I am ready to abandon Presonus. I took the AKAI controller back to the store and traded it for a Yamaha with a less-complicated format: it did not require a computer in order to work.
I have reinstalled the Audiobox driver, and the audiobox is visible as a device on the computer. I am executing the Studio One instructions for configuring external devices - the MIDI Controller and the keyboard as an instrument. In both cases I am instructed to select the audiobox from the "Receive from" and "Send to" drop-down menus, but that choice does not appear in the drop down.
I am convinced that I must being doing some basic thing wrong. When I launch Studio One it shows the Audiobox USB on the start up page, so I have to believe it can see the hardware. Why would it not be offered as a choice in the drop-down menus?
I got into this looking for a very simple tool to record a handful of tracks individually and then play them together. The whole project has become a nightmare.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1