67 postsPage 1 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
I've just upgraded to Studio One 6. Using M1 Mac Studio.

When I go to mixdown my song, as soon as I click OK to mixdown, the CPU metre spikes to red for a millisecond then continues to bounce the song. But it says there's an audio dropout detected due to the cpu spike right at the beginning.

The song is fine once it's mixed down with no actual real dropouts. But it's annoying that the CPU spikes at the beginning and gives an audio dropout warning.

I have my buffer size set to 1024 and tried medium and high dropout protection but still no go. Am using Universal Audio Apollo x6. My CPU usage when playing the actual song is only 60% on the metre.
Any help much appreciated.
by tremo on Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:56 am
I had this happen, not on mixdown, but from a high-CPU plugin (Waves PRS amp sim) waking up from Plugin Nap. Playing the song, as soon as it hit the region where the plug was used, CPU spiked to red and audio dropout. Disabling Plugin Nap for that plugin solved it. Maybe something to check?

Studio One 6.5.1 | Live 11 | Logic 10.8
Mac Studio Max | 14.2 | 32GB
MOTU 828es | Presonus Studio 1824c | MOTU M4 | UAD Quad Satellite
by joedarwish on Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:46 am
Actually I found the problem. It’s the pipeline stereo hardware insert into my API 2500. When I disable the hardware insert then it fixes the problem. I tried turning off plug-in nap but doesn’t solve the problem.
Any ideas on why the hardware insert could be causing the cpu spike on the start of mixdown? I’ve tried to change a bunch of settings to no avail.
by Robdp on Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:56 pm
I'm getting exactly the same thing on v6.

5.5 I had exactly the same setup and template, nothing has changed, but now on every mix down I'm getting this message.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by joedarwish on Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:22 am
Robdp wroteI'm getting exactly the same thing on v6.

5.5 I had exactly the same setup and template, nothing has changed, but now on every mix down I'm getting this message.

Yes im the same. Was working fine with 5.5. But version 6 it's doing the CPU spike like crazy.
by ianaeillo on Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:38 am
Does it do it every time you press play or only on mixdown?

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by joedarwish on Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:23 pm
ianaeillo wroteDoes it do it every time you press play or only on mixdown?

Only on mixdown. But when I turn off and on plugins it also does it. When I mute plugins it doesn't do it.
by webhamster on Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:17 am
Most likely you've already tried this, but I always have an empty bar in front of the song. Sometimes there seems to be a little hickup when the songs starts right away.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by frank.crow on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:50 am
tremo wroteI had this happen, not on mixdown, but from a high-CPU plugin (Waves PRS amp sim) waking up from Plugin Nap. Playing the song, as soon as it hit the region where the plug was used, CPU spiked to red and audio dropout. Disabling Plugin Nap for that plugin solved it. Maybe something to check?

Oh Wow

I just started having this issue last night when I tried to render (using pipeline). I’ve been trying to reverse engineer this, because songs I mixed earlier in the month are now giving me the same Audio Dropout Notification when they didn’t before.

I’m going to try your suggestion and see if that helps

Frank Crow.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by frank.crow on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:53 am
joedarwish wroteActually I found the problem. It’s the pipeline stereo hardware insert into my API 2500. When I disable the hardware insert then it fixes the problem. I tried turning off plug-in nap but doesn’t solve the problem.
Any ideas on why the hardware insert could be causing the cpu spike on the start of mixdown? I’ve tried to change a bunch of settings to no avail.

Sir

Did you ever find a workaround?

Frank Crow

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by markusvogl on Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:37 am
joedarwish wroteI've just upgraded to Studio One 6. Using M1 Mac Studio.

When I go to mixdown my song, as soon as I click OK to mixdown, the CPU metre spikes to red for a millisecond then continues to bounce the song. But it says there's an audio dropout detected due to the cpu spike right at the beginning.

The song is fine once it's mixed down with no actual real dropouts. But it's annoying that the CPU spikes at the beginning and gives an audio dropout warning.

I have my buffer size set to 1024 and tried medium and high dropout protection but still no go. Am using Universal Audio Apollo x6. My CPU usage when playing the actual song is only 60% on the metre.

Hi,

same here with Intel 12700K Win11 22H2 and 2x Pipeline XT for external hardware comps.

Intel 12th gen 12700K
ASUS Prime Z690 A
Apollo 8 Thunderbolt
Win 11 23H2
Studio One 6.5.2
by Trucky on Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:03 am
markusvogl wrote

Hi,

same here with Intel 12700K Win11 22H2 and 2x Pipeline XT for external hardware comps.

I don't have an M1 like the OP but since you report that you're having the same issues with Windows I'd like to try to reproduce it with my system. Please give me the exact repeatable steps to test so I can confirm if this is a bug. Thanks!

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by markusvogl on Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:20 am
Trucky wrote
markusvogl wrote

Hi,

I don't have an M1 like the OP but since you report that you're having the same issues with Windows I'd like to try to reproduce it with my system. Please give me the exact repeatable steps to test so I can confirm if this is a bug. Thanks!

Hi,

I think the whole thing is a combination of the 12th gen Intel and Windows 11 22H2 (even worse since 22H2 forced update) thread director (or the same behavior on Mac with performance core (P core) or efficiency core (E core)). I would first have to find a setup where the behavior shows up even at low CPU load. Sometimes it happens there too (but not always).

Best regards
Markus

Intel 12th gen 12700K
ASUS Prime Z690 A
Apollo 8 Thunderbolt
Win 11 23H2
Studio One 6.5.2
by Trucky on Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:10 am
markusvogl wroteHi,

I think the whole thing is a combination of the 12th gen Intel and Windows 11 22H2 (even worse since 22H2 forced update) thread director (or the same behavior on Mac with performance core (P core) or efficiency core (E core)). I would first have to find a setup where the behavior shows up even at low CPU load. Sometimes it happens there too (but not always).

Best regards
Markus

Thanks for responding but please provide repeatable steps that I or someone else with those specs can confirm and report as a bug.

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by markusvogl on Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:28 am
Trucky wrote
markusvogl wroteHi,

Best regards
Markus

Thanks for responding but please provide repeatable steps that I or someone else with those specs can confirm and report as a bug.

Hi,

I found out that since the forced update to Windows 11 22H2 there are more CPU spikes that seem to occur even when audio bouncing (and even if you do nothing in the DAW). Here are two screenshots of my computer with an empty Studio One template and a few audio tracks. I have added 3x Pipeline XT. I'm not sure if the issue is a combination of Apollo 8 and Windows 11 22H2.

Best regards
Markus

Attachments
SO 6 CPU Load.png
SO 6 Bounce Dropout.png

Intel 12th gen 12700K
ASUS Prime Z690 A
Apollo 8 Thunderbolt
Win 11 23H2
Studio One 6.5.2
by adoniramlipton on Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:42 pm
Did anyone resolve this?

Having the same problem with v6 on M1 mini. I feel like pipeline has something to do with it?

Back and forth with support but they don’t seem to believe me that it’s not a plug-in issue. Spikes right when I begin export.
by Trucky on Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:48 pm
adoniramlipton wroteDid anyone resolve this?

Having the same problem with v6 on M1 mini. I feel like pipeline has something to do with it?

Back and forth with support but they don’t seem to believe me that it’s not a plug-in issue. Spikes right when I begin export.

I don't have an M1 but if you provide the repeatable steps or attach a song that creates the issue I'll forward to the QA team to confirm.

by adoniramlipton on Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:18 pm
Thanks. Intermittent power outages cuz if ice storms right now but hopefully I can boot up tomorrow.

I have a suspicion this is a pipeline related issue somehow.
by frank.crow on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:17 pm
adoniramlipton wroteDid anyone resolve this?

I went back and forth with support for a minute and finally just gave up. No matter how I tried to describe it they didn’t seem to understand. They often offered suggestions that I’d already told had been completed. It made me wonder if they’d even read my ticket. So far my work around is simply to not strip any track that I plan to use pipeline on. I strip silence my whole session at some point in my work flow but now I leave the kick, snares, bass and vocals whole until after I process and render. It seems to be the only workaround for me.

Mine spikes immediately when I use my dbx 160a but with multiple other hardware it spikes immediately at the beginning of the next event (no exception).

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by markusvogl on Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:40 am
I did a test with Reaper 6.73 and connected the external hardware with ReaInsert. As far as I can see there are no issues at bouncing (see screenshot).

Attachments
Reaper External Hardware Test.png

Intel 12th gen 12700K
ASUS Prime Z690 A
Apollo 8 Thunderbolt
Win 11 23H2
Studio One 6.5.2

67 postsPage 1 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4