4 posts
Page 1 of 1
After upgrading to Studio One 6 Pro from v 5.5, I have been unable to get my midi controller to control third-party virtual instruments. When using the Studio One's VIs everything works as expected. When I try the third-party plugins with v 5.5, they work as expected.

The plugins that I have tested include:
Kontakt instruments
Play instruments
Ample sound instruments
Pianoteq 8

In other words, none of the third-party instruments are working since upgrading to v6.
Hardware:
2015 iMac 27
32GB ram
Casio Privia 3000 keyboard connected by USB directly to the computer.

OS and Software:
Monterey (12.6.3)
Studio One 6 Pro (6.0.2.91029)

Any ideas how to get this working?
Last edited by guitarism on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2015 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB RAM
Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by Vocalpoint on Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:59 am
guitarism wrote Any ideas how to get this working?

First things first - does the Casio appear correctly in Studio One.

And you also say that the internal S1v6 instruments "work" correctly. What happens when you add something from Native Instruments onto a track? Does the instrument actually load and appear on the track? If so - is it that you hear nothing when pressing a key on the Casio?

Is Direct Monitoring engaged on the track? Any error messages?

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by guitarism on Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:57 pm
Good questions:

Casio appears in the list but the list does not show specific models, just Casio. In the external devices setting, the input is set to All Channels and Casio-USB from the dropdown list. Output is set to none.

By working correctly, I mean that both virtual keyboards in the instrument and the Casio keyboard trigger the notes as expected.

When I drag a Native Instruments instrument onto a track, it appears to load normally and playing a note on the virtual keyboard in the instrument produces the expected sound. However, when I play a note on the Casio keyboard, nothing happens. No sound or visual indication of the key being triggered.

No error messages
Same response whether Direct Monitoring is on or off.

Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by guitarism on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:11 pm
I opened the Focus dialog for the Casio keyboard and selected reset from the dropdown menu. Now it is behaving as expected.

Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air

4 posts
Page 1 of 1