46 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
It's simple....Studio One is one big slooooooowwwww dog and Presonus can't make a lot of money fixing that feature alone. I've used Cubase for years, and started to use Studio One. The best promotional tool for Cubase should be "Use Studio One.....see you shortly"
THE END.
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:46 pm
OzAmaro wroteIt's simple....Studio One is one big slooooooowwwww dog and Presonus can't make a lot of money fixing that feature alone. I've used Cubase for years, and started to use Studio One. The best promotional tool for Cubase should be "Use Studio One.....see you shortly"
THE END.

Oh, another drive-by :roll:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Cubearseendo?

Squirrel, PLEASE! What a tossing mess that nonsense is. And no, I don't care about the ONE THING it's better than S1 (which it's midi is more flexible)

I smell shilling.

Bye......:roll:
by kraigwinterbottom on Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:21 am
Honestly amazed this is still an issue. I'm sitting here a full 5 minutes into the usual startup scan. Bitwig on the other hand, not only loads in an instant but you don't even need to rescan or shut down to add a new plugin, you just install it and boom - your plugin appears while you're working.

Nothing like a 5 minute wait staring at a progress bar to kill your creative motivation.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:42 pm
kraigwinterbottom wroteHonestly amazed this is still an issue. I'm sitting here a full 5 minutes into the usual startup scan. Bitwig on the other hand, not only loads in an instant but you don't even need to rescan or shut down to add a new plugin, you just install it and boom - your plugin appears while you're working.

Nothing like a 5 minute wait staring at a progress bar to kill your creative motivation.

It's not a universal issue everyone deals with. Such startup delays happen based on various reasons usually dictating ones own system.

Best to note your system specs and your details. Better than climbing on other posts with a rant without providing information.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by bobjohnson19 on Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:26 pm
klypeman wroteI feel it´s quicker than ever, never bother turning off scan at the startup (2400++ and counting)
I have time.
Installed Softube´s TSAR-1 reverb today and that was the only one that took like 2 secs just to check. next time I bet it goes faster.
Never an issue and have had no crashes yet with SO5, Good job Presonus !

I know other programmers and artist developers who are creating software products and constantly looking at other's work - when they find a new interesting plugin they can't test it right then and there, and sometimes they forget what it is. With 1400 plugins the person may not simply be able to remember which ones are less important.

FL Studio takes care of this by incorporating "fast scan" into their menu. It's been available there for at least 4 or 5 years I think. I agree that Studio One should have it too.
by dean701 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:01 pm
putting my 2 cents in here. I had some software issues unrelated to S1 and uninstalled my antivirus software to help troubleshoot. Then I found my plug-in scans in Studio One starting doing slow searches on the scan. What normally was a quick scan, suddenly took a minute instead of 9 seconds. I re-installed my antivirus software and everything was quick again. I will let those more knowledgeable elaborate.

46 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3