15 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have S1 Pro version 1 and about a month ago,I re-installed it my my new Windows 8.1 PC successfully,but recently..my computer was infected & I had to do a refresh and I lost my S1 Pro installation.
Now however...I can't install it now,because I can't find my old product key from my original box.I looked through the packaging 3 times,but cannot find the product key.
I must be missing a piece of the packaging,but I can't imagine what that is?Why couldn't Presonus have just applied a f**king sticker on the outer casing of the box with the product key printed on it??

I mainly use Reason 7 and at this point,all I want...is the ability to convert my masters to MP3.It appears though,that I am out $400...as my Presonus is now rendered useless.

I was thinking of buying Sony Acid Studio 10 for the MP3 conversion,but I don't want to spend $60 just for this function.

Any help would be appreciated.
by dr4kan on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:51 pm
If you registered your product, you will find the product key in your "My Presonus" account.

https://my.presonus.com

EDIT: for the future I would suggest you a more "polite" approach as it would increase the chance somebody will spend time to help you...

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
----------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by elwoodblues1969 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:50 pm
dr4kan wroteIf you registered your product, you will find the product key in your "My Presonus" account.

https://my.presonus.com

EDIT: for the future I would suggest you a more "polite" approach as it would increase the chance somebody will spend time to help you...

Thank you for the tip.

Don't understand though,that in the Q & A list on this website,they instruct users to look for their product key in the packaging,but actually..the product key is only available through one's online account for the Pro version??
Initially,I mistakenly installed my Artist version(via my AudioBox purchase) and well...the product key was right there on the sleeve of the disc,so I was understandably confused by this & frustrated.

I apologize for displaying my frustration...but some of us have not gone though the Vulcan practice of Kulinar and purged all of our emotions.

Kind regards,

Elwood
by Kiwicomposer on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:48 pm
I just checked and my studio One key in on a label on the inside of my little folding disk cover that came with my products etc. See image - inside this.....

(and yes also on the MyPresonus webpage)

IMAG0573.jpg

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by elwoodblues1969 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:37 pm
Kiwicomposer wroteI just checked and my studio One key in on a label on the inside of my little folding disk cover that came with my products etc. See image - inside this.....

(and yes also on the MyPresonus webpage)

The attachment IMAG0573.jpg is no longer available

Not really sure why you made mention of your Artist version & added a photo,since I already outlined my situation in my previous post...but thanks anyway.

Attachments
S1 Pro.jpg
Yes....on my Artist version,I have the product key on the sleeve as well,but since the Artist version does not have MP3 conversion,it is of no help to me.
As you can see by my photo,I also have the Pro version and despite me downloading everything from the website,I am still stuck with the Artist version...because I still have no MP3 conversion and I am being denied access to everything apart from the expansion set.
by elwoodblues1969 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:41 pm
Here's my current situation;

Attachments
Studio 1 Installation failure.PNG
by Kiwicomposer on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:47 pm
Are you running as and Admin?
I have seen similar when people try to run logged in as a user and not a user with Admin privileges.

BTW Also sorry about the Artist version but I was just giving a suggestion not trying being specific about Artist. I was just showing the sorts of places to look.. But yes I missed that comment in the previous posting .. again sorry.

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by elwoodblues1969 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:11 pm
Kiwicomposer wroteAre you running as and Admin?
I have seen similar when people try to run logged in as a user and not a user with Admin privileges.

BTW Also sorry about the Artist version but I was just giving a suggestion not trying being specific about Artist. I was just showing the sorts of places to look.. But yes I missed that comment in the previous posting .. again sorry.

No worries.

As for my situation,I think I will uninstall it & try again...I'll also download the 64 bit version as well.Since I had accidentally installed my Artist version before,I may have some registry issues...I may have to phone tech support tomorrow....
by -Luis- on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 pm
Open Studio One right click the word Studio One on the upper left corner,click on Studio One Activation,then Activate or Upgrade,click Activate Online,enter your username and password,then the product key for Studio One Pro,and lastly click Activate.
After that you'll be able to install the extra content Loops,Expansions, etc.
by elwoodblues1969 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:45 pm
musician2373 wroteOpen Studio One right click the word Studio One on the upper left corner,click on Studio One Activation,then Activate or Upgrade,click Activate Online,enter your username and password,then the product key for Studio One Pro,and lastly click Activate.
After that you'll be able to install the extra content Loops,Expansions, etc.

Well...via your instructions,I got most of the sounds sets installed and I have my MP3 option...but I am still unable to install Studio One Instruments Vol.1 Soundset,as I got an "access denied" error message.

I am...for the most part,back in business,so thanks for that! 8-)
by -Luis- on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:59 pm
Sure no problem glad to help, are you installing from the CDs?
by Kiwicomposer on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:19 pm
If you have the soundest files on the local hard drive etc.
Try this

Just open Studio One to the start page
Drag each of the Soundset files onto the start page..
If all is Ok they should install.

(Btw I am assuming the location for soundsets in the S1 Preferences > Locations > Sounsets tab is correct and valid and you have write access to that space!)

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

by elwoodblues1969 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:16 am
Sure no problem glad to help, are you installing from the CDs?

I had no choice,but to install from the CD's...as they would not install otherwise.I really don't understand why the files are stored on the website,if the DVD's are required for installation??

When I opened my Studio One today,I was prompted to insert the disc that contained the Vol.1 instruments,but I got a message saying that it was already installed...but when I clicked on the downloaded Vol.1 Instruments in my Documents folder,I still get the same error message.

If I knew what instruments there are in Vol.1,then I could confirm I have them...but I can't.
by elwoodblues1969 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:21 am
Kiwicomposer wroteIf you have the soundest files on the local hard drive etc.
Try this

Just open Studio One to the start page
Drag each of the Soundset files onto the start page..
If all is Ok they should install.

(Btw I am assuming the location for soundsets in the S1 Preferences > Locations > Sounsets tab is correct and valid and you have write access to that space!)

If you right click on any soundset file in the folder it's stored in,Studio One...it automatically opens the DAW and scans for the sound set...but on my Vol.1 Instruments file,I still get the error message...but for all I know,maybe this file is already installed?

I don't know what sound sets are specific to Volume 1...so I can't confirm if those instruments are there or not.
by -Luis- on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:16 pm
I had no choice,but to install from the CD's...as they would not install otherwise.

Forget the CD's follow these screenshots.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 1.07.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 1.07.15 PM.png (27.77 KiB) Viewed 24069 times
Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 1.07.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 1.07.44 PM.png

15 posts
Page 1 of 1