23 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I updated UC and Revelator io24 firmware (to 1.27) this morning so I could use UC Surface. Since the update, when selecting among the user defined presets, the software will always jump/jump back to preset 6. (See the video I linked in.)

It seems very intentional, so perhaps it is by design and I'm just not aware of what's going on. I know I've had the io24 for about 18 months at this point and never saw this occur until after today's update.

It only happens with the user defined presets; the standard ones stay in place no problem.

phpBB [video]

Stuff
by albertoguazzoni on Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:53 am
Me too!!!! the same strange thing!
I find the presets management extremly tricky, I still dont understand how to do!
and more I would like to "use my preset at startup" but I cant find this possibility.
Its my fault??
by bradautry on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:28 am
Very frustrating.

Attempted to reinstall firmware/software. Attempted "Reset All" within the software.

Not only is the quirky behavior of continuously changing to preset 6 still occurring, but each time I boot PC, the software starts with the wrong preset (Broadcast) and phantom power and gain settings (scene?) are reset.

Stuff
by bradautry on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:31 am
albertoguazzoni wroteMe too!!!! the same strange thing!
I find the presets management extremly tricky, I still dont understand how to do!
and more I would like to "use my preset at startup" but I cant find this possibility.
Its my fault??

Loading last used preset at startup is supposed to be the norm. It certainly was the norm before this buggy firmware update.

Stuff
by albertoguazzoni on Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:17 pm
and more, when I try to put my preset with arrow form right list to left.....the name is changhed in "22" "23" !!!
by tabeamaciolek on Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:43 pm
Had I read here before my friend bought the IO24 and told me there was UC and firmware update :-(

I can´t choose my preset. Very frustrating.

Hope they fix it.
Last edited by tabeamaciolek on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Revelator IO24, Universal Control v4.2.0.96206, Firmware v11.28
Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, ASROCK B550
I
by brendantawa on Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:34 pm
I found success by downloading an old version of Universal Control on my PC and downgrading the firmware on the unit. Only annoying thing is I can no longer control the interface with my iPad because it cries about needing a firmware update. Hope for a fix soon.
by tabeamaciolek on Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:49 pm
maybe load old version on Ipad?
I like the possibility to control OBS via Ipad now.

Curious I had installed version 29 obs but IO24 said I had an old version and have to install it new.
All my scences are gone now.

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Revelator IO24, Universal Control v4.2.0.96206, Firmware v11.28
I
by tabeamaciolek on Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:12 am
[video][/video]IDK if you find this out.

Turn the big wheel till your preset come up. maybe number 3, wait till the name shows on the left blue button and the number turns yellow.
Then it will stay there.
If you do it without waitng it jumps to numbner six.

I made a short video

phpBB [video]

That doesn´t solve the problem, that the gain lvl of the mic and main out, phone and blend is resetted!

I
by bradautry on Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:00 pm
tabeamaciolek wrote[video][/video]IDK if you find this out.

Turn the big wheel till your preset come up. maybe number 3, wait till the name shows on the left blue button and the number turns yellow.
Then it will stay there.

I made a short video

phpBB [video]

That doesn´t solve the problem, that the gain lvl of the mic and main out, phone and blend is resetted!

Nice - this worked. It's a nuisance to hold in place for a couple seconds until it turns yellow, but it works. And, yes, it does not resolve the issue of phantom power and gain settings being reset, but these are also nuisance issues that can be fixed manually.

Thanks for sharing!

Stuff
by bradautry on Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:01 pm
tabeamaciolek wrotemaybe load old version on Ipad?

Curious I had installed version 29 obs but IO24 said I had an old version and have to install it new.

I did consider this also, and may go that route. Thanks for sharing!

Stuff
by bradautry on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:06 pm
brendantawa wroteI found success by downloading an old version of Universal Control on my PC and downgrading the firmware on the unit. Only annoying thing is I can no longer control the interface with my iPad because it cries about needing a firmware update. Hope for a fix soon.

I think this is what I'll do. I like using UC control, but it's not really necessary for me - just a neat novelty. I do not need the OBS control, either - so I can afford to skip this FW update until these issues (relatively minor, as they may be) are resolved.

Stuff
by brendantawa on Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:38 pm

I was always under the impression that once an app updated on IOS there wasn't really a way to go to an older version. Is there an simple way I can "downgrade" my app?
by bradautry on Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:05 pm
brendantawa wrote

I was always under the impression that once an app updated on IOS there wasn't really a way to go to an older version. Is there an simple way I can "downgrade" my app?

I don't think so. I'd initially read this post wrong, thinking about downgrading to a prior UC version on PC.

I'm not aware of any way to undo an update to an iOS/iPadOS app.

Stuff
by albertoguazzoni on Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:59 pm
I find a little "fix" , I just saved a scene and reload it manually everytime I turn on the PC
by bradautry on Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:35 pm
I tried to roll back UC software today and it won't allow me to do it.

I had an older install file (3.6.2.85277) saved. After installing/launching, it states "There is a new version of Universal Control available." You can't access Revelator controls. So there's no choice but to (re) install the current version.

Sheesh.

Stuff
by brendantawa on Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:46 pm
bradautry wroteI tried to roll back UC software today and it won't allow me to do it.

I had an older install file (3.6.2.85277) saved. After installing/launching, it states "There is a new version of Universal Control available." You can't access Revelator controls. So there's no choice but to (re) install the current version.

Sheesh.

Interesting. Mine had no problems downgrading. I uninstalled the software completely and then used an installer from presonus.com for one version back and it asked about firmware. Then it showed the "upgrade" versions (which didn't make sense, but we expect that), and then it flashed the unit.
by tabeamaciolek on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:18 am
Interesting. Mine had no problems downgrading. I uninstalled the software completely and then used an installer from presonus.com for one version back and it asked about firmware. Then it showed the "upgrade" versions (which didn't make sense, but we expect that), and then it flashed the unit.
[/quote]

So you got also the new 1.27 firmware?

I have another annoying problem.

When i mute in main eg the Playback channel it mutes simultanously in all stream mix.

This makes the IO24 absolut worthless for me. Because I have to mute discord in one channel that they don´t hear themselves.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I
by tabeamaciolek on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:28 am
I downgrade to firmware 1.21 everything is working like before.

I had in settings unklick the sync mute button. damn I am dumb lol

I
by sylvainrivierre on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:50 am
tabeamaciolek wrote[video][/video]IDK if you find this out.

Then it will stay there.

I made a short video

phpBB [video]

That's a good temporary fix, a shame that it feel like the update was not tested

23 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2