5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

This might be a generic answer rather than a Korg specific one.

I'm using a Hammond sound (with a rotor as an insert if that's useful information) and I want to be able to increase/decrease vibrato/rotor speed with the mod wheel on my keyboard in a live environment. Macros is an area I'm new to in S1 so any advice would be helpful. The answer to this question will send me down a long rabbit hole of possibilities I'm sure. It seems like I can right click the wheel on the instrument dialogue box and attach a macro to the wheel but I'm new to macros and unsure which wheel/button to add to it to anyway. Sorry, complete novice in this area!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Steve
Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11
Studio One 6.0.2
USB into Komplete Audio 6 -> Midi to Korg Kross 88

Steve Taylor

PreSonus Sphere User (Studio One Pro)
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 16.
Other Hardware: Komplete Audio 6, Korg Kross 88
Windows 11, i7 CPU, 16gb RAM
by Tacman7 on Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:44 pm
The sound is from the Korg, where's the insert? in S1? or in the keyboard?
or
Where are you sending this mod wheel control?

Overall picture, how do you want to use your workstation with S1?

Rotary control is usually an on/off thing, turn it on it starts up and gets spinning then turn it off and it slows down to a stop.

Depends on who implemented it.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by stevetaylor7 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:15 am
Thanks TacMan - Sorry I didn't make that clearer. I'm using the "Organ - Green Onions" sound from S1. I'm just using the Korg as a "slave keyboard" really.

I load up sounds or combi sounds as channels and then just switch to them in a live environment with the band.

I often hear Hammond organs switching between vibrato and non-vibrato so I want to be able to use the mod wheel on the Korg to do that. Once I've figured that out I'll look into switching between combi instruments using the Korg buttons too (that is to say turning instruments within a combi on and off so I can easily switch between, say, a Hammond and an EP half way through songs).

Does that make more sense?

Thanks again,
Steve

Steve Taylor

by Tacman7 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:44 am
Ok cool, you're using the keyboard as a controller for the organ sound.

This is an organ I have. Plugins expose parameters to the automation system in S1.

So different plugins have different automation parameters depending on who made the plugin.

I think they expose every parameter available with this organ there's about 400 of them!

So they have a lot of rotary controls, have to try them and see if it's what you want.

But you pick the parameters you want then you can draw or record automation to control those parameters you pick out.

OrganControls.JPG

There's a chapter about linking controls on your keyboard with software controls called Control Link strangely enough.
https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Control_ ... 257C_____0

A lot can depend on the plugin maker, good to know what plugin exactly etc.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by stevetaylor7 on Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:40 pm
Thanks Tacman - loads of good information there.

I'm only using S1 standard stuff, both instruments and plugins. I'm surprised there isn't a classic Hammond sound built in that already has that linking. The Kross has a Pitch Bend, a Mod Wheel and also two extra "mod" buttons. At the moment those buttons change octave (which I don't need as it's an 88-key) so if I can find where that setting is I can change it. It's just an area of S1 I've never gone near ya know? I've only been using DAWs at all for 2 years and there's many more years worth of learning to do yet!

I will take a watch of that video too, thank you for linking me!

Steve Taylor

5 posts
Page 1 of 1