10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I'm work with live recordings, but not as an FOH man or something.

For me, an interface like FireStudio lightpipe is the great choice, because can be "rackable" an have an easy and quick setup. The digital mixers have more than i need, and are more weighted and expensive.

BUT, the lightpipe is discontinued and the world don't have an manufacturer doing something similar at the moment.

So, "we" really need an 32 channels interface, with USB3, at this moment!

Rackable
With monitoring capabilities (like Universal Control)
With Capture software integration

Who agree?
by Kiwicomposer on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:02 am
I have to say I don't have a Firestudio Lightpipe but always felt I would like one.
So I agree with the suggestion or at least in some form replacing the older one with a newer, updated version.

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Karyn on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 am
I could say the same about the Firestudio 2626.

I totally understand why they had to stop producing them, but I still fail to see why they didn't replace it with a similar or upgraded model. And why stop updating the OS drivers? I'm not asking for extra functions, I just want it to work with my OS.

Mine is the heart of my studio. If it breaks there is no equivalent to replace it.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by danielhuber on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 pm
Yeah Karyn,

I think the drivers have to be updated for years before "retirement", even if the interface is discontinued.

What confidence we have in purchase a product that can be in line today and in the next year don't have more driver support/updates?

This is a concern.
by danielhuber on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Ops, someone go ahead... www.antelopeaudio.com/en/products/Orion ... -converter

But i need a PreSonus! Simply because i like!
by lowdmama on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:16 am
You can't expect any manufacturer to continue to manufacture products, using outdated chips with custom drivers. Just about everyone in MI, making interfaces, is using off the shelf chip sets and drivers. It costs too much money to develop our own technology and then make that technology compatible with the world, present and future. No company has a crystal ball to see what that future is. So, we have to use the same chips and drivers everyone else uses. About every three years, things change. Aside from that, you are using personal computers as the foundation for your work. Your foundation will ALWAYS be changing and you will NEVER stop purchasing gear if you do this for life. This is the same as it was in analog world too.
by jonesmary on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:47 pm
Thanks
by Monolithent on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:47 am
Folks, I'm moving this thread to legacy firewire products as it fits better there than Pre-Sales
by igorsilva on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:15 pm
Quem estiver usando firestudio lightpipe com o Mavericks 10.9 e estiver com bugs,problemas de sinc, tentem fazer o mesmo o que eu fiz, deu certo...

( instalem todas as atualização de segurança para o 10.9 e comprem um cabo firewire original da apple [ firewire 9-6 pin cable da marca belkin], qem estiver usando porta t tunderbolt compra o adaptador tunderbolt firewire e o cabo firewire 9 to 6 pin da belkin. comigo deu certo e esta funcionando 100% sem problemas. antes existiam ruídos, travamentos, parava de funcionar não sincronizava com meu iMac, agora esta tudo certo...)
Last edited by igorsilva on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
by matthewgorman on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:18 pm
igorsilva wroteQuem estiver usando firestudio lightpipe com o Mavericks 10.9 e estiver com bugs, tentem fazer o mesmo o que eu fiz, deu certo...

( baixem atualização combo para o 10.9 e comprem um cabo firewire original da apple [ firewire 9-6 pin cable da marca belkin], qem estiver usando porta t tunderbolt compra o adaptador tunderbolt firewire e o cabo firewire 9 to 6 pin da belkin. comigo deu certo e esta funcionando 100% sem problemas. antes existiam ruídos, travamentos, parava de funcionar não sincronizava com me iMac, agora esta tudo certo...)

Google translation

Anyone using FireStudio lightpipe with the Mavericks and 10.9 is buggy, try to do the same what I did , it worked ...

( To download the combo update for 10.9 and buy a cable original apple firewire [ firewire 9-6 pin cable from Belkin brand ] , are using door qem t tunderbolt buy tunderbolt firewire adapter and FireWire cable 9 pin to 6 of belkin . Me worked and is working 100 % smoothly . before there were noises , crashes, stopped working not synchronized with my iMac , now it's all right ... )

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

10 posts
Page 1 of 1